2011 m8 exhaust sensor issues

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
my buddies 2011 artic cat m8 is having code 17 show up on his display which is exhaust sensor just wondering if anyone else having this problem.:confused:

killerrf

Reaction score
my buddies 2011 artic cat m8 is having code 17 show up on his display which is exhaust sensor just wondering if anyone else having this problem.:confused:

just take it in to the dealer and get a new sensor. if a code shows up they will have to change it out.

on the next sensor make sure the wire is bent back and zip tied back to the sensor body so the wires dont vibrate right where they go into the sensor and break inside.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not neccesarily the sensor itself. Also check the wires on the plug for the sensor as they ziptied the wires down in a new spot for 2011 and have had a couple give that code and it was just a broken wire at the connector by the recoil area.

gartho

Reaction score
Same issues on my 2011m8 sp,the sensor failed twice,what it does is measure the pipe temp,when cold. it will still run,not very well tho. I'm told u can put a relay in to over ride the sensor,have to get the correct impedance. Second time the sensor failed it ran very poor on a hard pull,I have changed to complete slp set up with dynojet box,we think the box is running too rich at idle & mid range,gunna change the maping take some fuel out and see how it works. Could just be the sensor!

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
it was a broken wire in the clip before the sensor quick fix funny how the dealership didnt realize it during the tune up :confused:

Top Bottom