Reverse Rev Limiter

farmboy020

Reaction score
Hey guys

i am trying to find a way to bypass my reverse rev limiter. I have found a couple ways but am still a little bit confused. I do not want to buy the kit off ebay because i think u will just be paying for the direction of how to do it. Does any one now how to do it. It is a 2007 yamaha grizzly/kodiak 450. thanks

farmboy020

Reaction score
well i have not goten to it yet wise has been really busy seeings how seeding has hit so hes been working lots. However i did find instructions on one forum and it said all you had to do it pull put your cdi box under the seat and in the middle plug there is a bunch of wires. all you have to do is splice into teh green/white one and ground it to the battery. hope this works or helps. Good luck

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok my computer skills are pretty limited and i have step by step on a grizz 660 which would be much the same. if you want to pm me your fax number i can sent you a copy

T:d:beer::beer::beer::beer::d

mybigredronda

Reaction score
all you have to do is ground the wire to the frame light wont turn on but ull have lots of power going in reverse

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
there are 4 pins that stick out on the top of the trans just below your airbox and all you have to do is ground the farthest right pin i put mine on a switch just for new riders and kids.

Wise Mechanical

Reaction score
Its always sitting on the seat my friend, dont unhook it from the pin, just attatch a jumper wire and put it to ground

farmboy020

Reaction score
sweet thanks wise my quad is apart for a a while got a couple repairs and a couple mods to do so should give me enough time to snorkel it and do the reverse override. lol

bikerboy4ever

Reaction score
Just finished doing this mod. I hooked it up to the override switch for the diff lock. Much cleaner than adding a switch. Works great!! I highly recomend this for anyone who likes to hit the big mud holes and finds themself stuck because you cant reverse out.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
all you have to do is ground the wire to the frame light wont turn on but ull have lots of power going in reverse

i know this is a old topic,,but i am finally gonna do this as my switch is screwed again...But do you keep the switch plugged in and just splice a wire onto it or do you unplug the switch completely and then ground it?

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look for the green wire going to a single pin and "stake-on" connector on the upper clutch side of the engine. Don't cut nothing or splice nothing. Just put a male stack-on pin connector onto about an 8" wire and go to ground, (frame block etc.

***NOTE***

This chit there for a reason. Be careful of the 4 low wheelies in reverse.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I will finish it tomorow...I wasn't going to do it because of the safety reason,,but It seems that the reverse sensor switches are garbage.I have changed it once and i am not changing it again..Thanks Koby

Top Bottom