the new can am maverick

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rzr crew is telling me its a dud? But they haven't driven it yet so I'm kind of in a hard place right now ya know. Who do you believe....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rzr crew is telling me its a dud? But they haven't driven it yet so I'm kind of in a hard place right now ya know. Who do you believe....

its a doo maxwell. whats there to know? its the best and poo suck! end of story......

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol sxs are new to me I want to know why this is so much different and worse than a rzr? They all look the same to me

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol sxs are new to me I want to know why this is so much different and worse than a rzr? They all look the same to me

101hp vs 82. enough said

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More to it than just HP guys. I'm not a huge Polaris fan either but the tale of the tape gives this one to the rzr. Yeah the maverick has 101hp vs the rzrs 88hp, but it weighs 300lbs more. The rear-mounted engine is a big plus for the rzr too, it keeps the front end light for skipping over obstacles and stops the rear end from kicking up high over jumps. The maverick has a much wider body as well, definitely a disadvantage for tight trails, and putting the driver and passenger farther apart causes mass centralization issues as well. But whatever they are just stats: I'm sure the BRP will be a blast to drive regardless. Both the rzr xp and maverick are too damn big for Canadian bush trails anyway.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I want to know, is how and where they found the power out of that 1000 so I can follow suit on my outlander lol. Looks impressive, I think brp got tired of people comparing the sporty rzr to a utility commander..

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I want to know, is how and where they found the power out of that 1000 so I can follow suit on my outlander lol. Looks impressive, I think brp got tired of people comparing the sporty rzr to a utility commander..

I wonder if that cool lookin dual exhaust has something to do with it

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the actual weight of this thing any specs i have seen say tbd
The width i cant see being an issue as the xps are there already.
Had buddy riding with us this yr with 4 seater xp springs turned up 30" zillas and he simply drove through the holes we had to detour through the tight bush for
Bro runs a joyner trooper and theres only been a couple times his width was an issue other than some bridges at the sfd rally but once again was able to make it work
What you have to remember is a few yrs back everyone said thethe same thing about the sidex sides

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like it got beat with the ugly stick......as a matter of fact all of can am SxS look ugly

Sent while not working too hard

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And probably costs as much as a nice pickup truck would..... Looks like $16K for the yellow and $17.5K for yellow/black south of the border. So what, $20K here.

But since this is Alberta the more you finance on an ATV just makes you better than your neighbor and definitely way more awesome.... Lol.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More to it than just HP guys. I'm not a huge Polaris fan either but the tale of the tape gives this one to the rzr. Yeah the maverick has 101hp vs the rzrs 88hp, but it weighs 300lbs more. The rear-mounted engine is a big plus for the rzr too, it keeps the front end light for skipping over obstacles and stops the rear end from kicking up high over jumps. The maverick has a much wider body as well, definitely a disadvantage for tight trails, and putting the driver and passenger farther apart causes mass centralization issues as well. But whatever they are just stats: I'm sure the BRP will be a blast to drive regardless. Both the rzr xp and maverick are too damn big for Canadian bush trails anyway.
The RZR that weighs under 1000 lbs only has 52 hp. The RZR that has 88hp is 1200 lbs. Get yer sh!t straight.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Muffinman must be flustered he thought he was going to be one of the cool kids...with his rzr
Dont knock it till u try it... Different machines for differant terrain for sure but i know a 1600lb trooper does purty darn good when equipped properly!!
If the weight and width were as devistating as u claim u better trade the rzr for a good old suzuki 250 quad runner

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys need to buy a can am and lets go riding. Enough key board chat. Let's go trail riding as see what works.

Can't tell how something works behind a computer.

Let's go.

Will you buy me a Maverick Ray? I'll go riding with you.

Top Bottom