Video of Etherington Nov 25 2012

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**EDIT** Clip is loaded.

The clip is loading, probably going to take all night. I'm not sure if that is normal or not...... Anyways it's a 10 minute clip that will show you the current snow conditions of the area. We just started to get into some decent snow and Katie wasn't feeling good so the group headed on while we turned back. I took footage going back to the truck. I'm not 100% sure what trail we were on, I don't know the area well. If someone recognizes it please let everyone know.

If all works properly this will be the link.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1JwGMQ_Sjg&feature=youtu.be

The guys that went on went back to the boundry and came back through Cataract. They said the snow was deeper closer to the Cat parking lot than the Etherington parking lot. We were going to start at the Cat parking lot but it looked pretty thin. I guess we should have from the sounds of it.

I'll put a link in the SW Alberta Forum as well.......

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it will say that until it is finished loading. I just wanted to get the link done cause I will be away all day tomorrow and wanted to get it set up. It's only 4% loaded right now, will probably take all night from the looks of it. Check back in the morning and it hopefully will be ready..... if I did it right (kinda new to this).

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Highfly, in the future try to make your videos in the range of 3 to 3.5 minutes.

It is easier on the uploading, downloading, people's interest, and a whole lot of other things….FYI……:D

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Highfly, in the future try to make your videos in the range of 3 to 3.5 minutes.

It is easier on the uploading, downloading, people's interest, and a whole lot of other things….FYI……:D

I hear ya.

I was thinking that when I made it but I wanted to show a bunch of the trail in different locations as we headded back. I promis I will shorten them in the future :cool:

It's at 8% and says 300 more minutes ... :rant:

I guess I could have done two 5 minute clips.......

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep pretty skinny snow. Lol. Still a nice day out on the snow though.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Job As they say a picture/video is worth a thousand words

Its better than I thought.....but 2 more dumps and things will be decent

Thanks for the Vid

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You were on the Etherington Trail. I must have a 100 pictures taken at the spot where you turned around at the start of the video. LOL. Thanks for posting.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good Job As they say a picture/video is worth a thousand words

Its better than I thought.....but 2 more dumps and things will be decent

Thanks for the Vid

Your welcome.

I agree, it's getting there.

It was a good excuse to use my camera :)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You were on the Etherington Trail. I must have a 100 pictures taken at the spot where you turned around at the start of the video. LOL. Thanks for posting.

Thanks!

When we were on it I said "I've never been on this trail before" then we got to where we turned around and I instantly knew I had been there before..... still didn't know what trail it was though. That's the problem with always following all the time, you never seem to figure out where you are LOL.

Top Bottom