2011 Pro RMK Dyno Run

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I'm not suprized but it is new and I think the motor has real potential.

Attachments

• DTR2011PolarisProR800stock.pdf
    472.6 KB · Views: 642

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am i reading that right ???? 146-147hp???....I wouldnt think thats not impressive compared to the new 800HO cat runs....They said 170hp should be obtainable....thats not all that much hp for a new tuned and tweaked 800?? Is it?

Last edited:

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am i reading that right ???? 146-147hp???....I wouldnt think thats not impressive compared to the new 800HO cat runs....They said 170hp should be obtainable....thats not all that much hp for a new tuned and tweaked 800?? Is it?

With all due respect to the Polaris folk, it's never been a strong running engine. Cat and Doo are still miles ahead. Or... Ponies :d

EthanWbr

Reaction score
polaris is farther ahead then doo cause doo is still running the sealed greased bearing that when it gets hot the grease melts out then burns out the bearing

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
polaris is farther ahead then doo cause doo is still running the sealed greased bearing that when it gets hot the grease melts out then burns out the bearing
since '08 I've seen a lot more polaris sleds with fried top ends than I have 'doos with burnt crank bearings.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how all the cat guys yak about the great power.Yes its probably true but what is cat doing to make there top mill 2012 ePA compliant.At least Polaris and Doo are way ahead of the new 2012 mandate.Try to find a good running powerfull 2012 cat.If you are a cat fan you had better buy now

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But what good is being able to make the 2012 mandate when you melt a top end down before you make it up the trail?

The reason polaris is melting engines down is because they tune their machines so lean to make emission standards that they grenade after a little bit of torture is applied and not even torture i've seen polaris detonate going up the trail....

As far as it goes right now Doo is the only manufacturer that will be able to to put out a decent sled and meet emissions for 2strokes and this is solely due to the etec. Polaris and Cat still run throttle bodies and this "old technology" is whats holding them back.

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think im the First Yammi to post here so i guess i cant much talk. All i have to say is all sleds are great...... Cept ski doo...... Hahaha sorry just had too :)

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2ed yammy Guy!!

no need to start bashing on some one posting numbers here.. other wise this stuff will just turn way out of hand. my .02c

no need to do that.

p.s. the new skidoo. will have lots of problems to follow ( octane ) altho i did ride the etec for 3 weeks last year and it worked. with minor problems

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think im the First Yammi to post here so i guess i cant much talk. All i have to say is all sleds are great...... Cept ski doo...... Hahaha sorry just had too :)

Yah well considering you run Yamahahahahah. Your opinion means nothing. Should have called them Yapiha cause all you guys riding them Yap alot. POS without a turbo. Stock machines to stock the Yammi will get killed every time against stock Doo or Scat.:d Get that into ya:d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that Polaris will sell a dependable engine with less power but make it really easy to hop up, this will reduce their warranty liabilities. After their customers run them for a year or so they will start to add power every year using real world results from the r&d conducted by the aftermarket companies and their customers. They cannot afford to have another motor fail them like they have had in the past.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah well considering you run Yamahahahahah. Your opinion means nothing. Should have called them Yapiha cause all you guys riding them Yap alot. POS without a turbo. Stock machines to stock the Yammi will get killed every time against stock Doo or Scat.:d Get that into ya:d

the only thing a stock yammi will run comparably against is a stock yammi. put the same money into any machine and they will all run pretty close imo. all the new ones are nice and have some pretty nice features. all the difference is that i can see is personel preferance to riding style,position and how you feel on the machine. power and weight are all fairley close nowadays. except for yammys they got about +100 lbs on everybody and the same power. my son asked why yammis have such wide skis on the front at the sled show. i told him they need it to keep them above the snow cause they areso damn heavy.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only thing a stock yammi will run comparably against is a stock yammi. put the same money into any machine and they will all run pretty close imo. all the new ones are nice and have some pretty nice features. all the difference is that i can see is personel preferance to riding style,position and how you feel on the machine. power and weight are all fairley close nowadays. except for yammys they got about +100 lbs on everybody and the same power. my son asked why yammis have such wide skis on the front at the sled show. i told him they need it to keep them above the snow cause they areso damn heavy.

So like I said stock Yami and stock DOO and a stock Cat the race will be between the Doo and the cat the extra 100 lbs puts Yami last place every time. The only way they can hang with Doos and cats is by adding a turbo. Thats an extra 5 to 10 k to play the same way. You can have the heavy POS wait to see how bad the etech turbo kills them.:d

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on the Yamaha bashing. I was in a Yamaha dealer last night buying some C12 for my sled, I stopped to have a quick look at at Nitro with a 180HP turbo. They were asking $17500 for it. As I'm standing there thinking about the ~$17000 (some maintenance, some mods) into my XP and if these two sleds were to go head to head mine would likely smoke this Nitro!

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the Yamahas are strong and with low boost like that they should run forever but the cost of ownership to have a comparable sled to another stock sled is very high!

Slammer85

Reaction score
Thats a 180 horse at elavation man, your doo will not make near that power when your in the hills. Don't get me wrong I hate both yamaha and ski doo about the same!LOL.To buy the new etec and turbo it your going to be higher than that 17 grand aswell.

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So like I said stock Yami and stock DOO and a stock Cat the race will be between the Doo and the cat the extra 100 lbs puts Yami last place every time. The only way they can hang with Doos and cats is by adding a turbo. Thats an extra 5 to 10 k to play the same way. You can have the heavy POS wait to see how bad the etech turbo kills them.:d

If you add 5 - 10 K and turbo to a yammi they will not play the same way. I am not a yammi guy and ride a turboed skidoo 1200 myself but have a few buddies that ride turboed yammis. Ya the yammis are deffinenly a heavy machine but there is not a stock sled that will hang with them

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll jump on the Yamaha bashing. I was in a Yamaha dealer last night buying some C12 for my sled, I stopped to have a quick look at at Nitro with a 180HP turbo. They were asking $17500 for it. As I'm standing there thinking about the ~$17000 (some maintenance, some mods) into my XP and if these two sleds were to go head to head mine would likely smoke this Nitro!

Don't get me wrong I'm sure the Yamahas are strong and with low boost like that they should run forever but the cost of ownership to have a comparable sled to another stock sled is very high!

So a yammi with a 180hp turbo is 17500. A new summit x 154 is roughly 14200. Can a person get modds that add roughly 25hp for 3000. The only thing I can think of is a big bore kit and I am not sure on the cost of them is

Top Bottom