March Conditions

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pics Dan, yours of the avy's turned out better than mine. That was one of just 4 avy's that came down around us that day. They were coming down on all slopes regardless of exposure. We avoided the temptation to go into a few places we really wanted to mark up just because of this extreme activity we seen. All but one of the slides came down right from the top and exposed rocks on the slopes. Just a few more pics of our ride and a link to one of my videos, will upload a few more as time permits. Ride safe folks.

Attachments

• 100_2160.jpg
    100_2160.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_2165.jpg
    100_2165.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_2166.jpg
    100_2166.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2169.jpg
    100_2169.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_2171.jpg
    100_2171.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_2179.jpg
    100_2179.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_2178.jpg
    100_2178.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 46

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
Here's a couple pix from this weekend of me and Nytro MTX in Renshaw carving endless powder zones. We stayed off the steep stuff and had more than enough fun exploring. This was our first time in Renshaw and all I can say is WOW!!! We didn't see much in the way of anything sliding but we steered clear anyway. Renshaw has the best tree lines I've ever ridden.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1010784a.JPG
    P1010784a.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 388
  • P1010839a.JPG
    P1010839a.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 375
  • P1010832a.JPG
    P1010832a.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 375
  • P1010805a.JPG
    P1010805a.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 372
  • P1010796a.JPG
    P1010796a.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 381
  • P1010842a.jpg
    P1010842a.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more pics of the Castle Creek slides
The first two pics are the slide at KM6 where we dropped over the edge and came up through the trees
The next two are looking down from the edge of the big slide at KM20
The last shot is looking across the slide, the ridge is about 40' and 200 yards away, barely half way across
Thanks for sending me the extra pics Joe

Attachments

• IMGP0030.jpg
    IMGP0030.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP0029.jpg
    IMGP0029.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMGP0034.jpg
    IMGP0034.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMGP0033.jpg
    IMGP0033.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMGP0027.jpg
    IMGP0027.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 39

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
here's a couple pix from this weekend of me and nytro mtx in renshaw carving endless powder zones. We stayed off the steep stuff and had more than enough fun exploring. This was our first time in renshaw and all i can say is wow!!! We didn't see much in the way of anything sliding but we steered clear anyway. Renshaw has the best tree lines i've ever ridden.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wow, beautiful snow chelle.... You must've been in heaven... Wow, is all i can say.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
some more pics of the castle creek slides
the first two pics are the slide at km6 where we dropped over the edge and came up through the trees
the next two are looking down from the edge of the big slide at km20
the last shot is looking across the slide, the ridge is about 40' and 200 yards away, barely half way across
thanks for sending me the extra pics joe

wow, snowchuk...... You can see brown dirt and trees and branches all through those slides..... Scary thing!!!!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow, snowchuk...... You can see brown dirt and trees and branches all through those slides..... Scary thing!!!!

It was not all slides, Saturday we rode Renshaw and all was good. Could not even make out an old track at Spirit Lake and we had it to ourselves. Carved through the trees, did some small drop offs, did some uphill jumps and burned a lot of nuts on the lake. Will post some vids when I get them from Joe. Also talked to chelle for a bit in the parkig lot.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BBtoys, I have some buddies coming to Renshaw Friday and Saturday. They know the area pretty well, and say it's safer than most areas. But considering all the Avalanche talk, is the Renshaw going to be a safe place to be this weekend? I don't know the area that well, but I said I'd ask someone who is very familiar with the area and get back to them.

There are many places, to many to cover in one weekend, that are safe in the renshaw. Stay off the big slopes and don't play at the base of them and you will be fine. Look at the pic's from chelle, all Renshaw riding and by the look of it great weekend for her and her group.
I'm not say to not ride, just rethink the areas that you want to ride and go back to spots that you know to be safe. Snowing like crazy as I am typing with big flakes, if it goes for awhile tonight the top will be amazing again.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree Barry, Renshaw is huge with lots of safe and challenging areas.
Bigdog67 and I are heading up Thursday night. I hope the snow keeps coming! Be safe peeps!

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Hi boys, I would like to send out my condolences to the family of the fallen sledder in Blue River this weekend, my heart goes out to all of his family and friends, I can't believe we have lost another person this year.

Please be careful, it is definately spring conditions, it has been very warm, melting quickly and then we get new snow on top, like right now it is snowing again after it has been melting all day. Everyone knows how dangerous this weather is. Another thing to keep in mind if your going up Renshaw the road is getting very rutted up and in the afternoon on your way out it is very slick, muddy and treacherous if your not paying attention.

I wish for everyone to play safe, ride hard but come home!

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score
The road out from the parking lot was interesting to say the least. It was like someone had spread a nice layer of grease everywhere and Nytro's truck has big mudders, still sliding around.

Snochuck, very nice to meet you and your group on saturday.

Renshaw is my new favorite place to sled as there's just so many types of riding to be had there. The parking lot was busy on saturday but once we got past the cabin we had bowls all to ourselves. We saw lots of people highmarking and even several riders on a slope at a time, like gambling I guess. I personally like to play in the trees and try to get my shoulder to touch the sno when carving, that makes me happy and the occasional drop off of course. I know things can happen, wrong place at the wrong time but that won't make me stay home. I'll just try to make sure that my friends and I make smart choices. There's still a lifetime of sledding ahead.

P1010804a.jpg

P1010845a.jpg

P1010857a.JPG

P1010846a.jpg

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like your group had a sweet ride chelle!! And your exactly right, the more you get to ride the Renshaw the more you like it. There are just so many nooks and crannies to ride. Just a huge awesome riding area. Higgins.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want to remind guys to be careful out there.. A buddy just called and said that there was an avvy up horsey on the weekend just past the waterfall and one of there group got buried but they got him out and he is just bruised up but ok.. He is LUCKY.. I really dont want to hear of anymore guys/gals lost this year. We have lost to many good people already this year.. I'll still ride lots this year but i've re-assesed the area's i ride like i'll go out and play in the meadows and burn up all my gas and have a great time..

clemoine

Reaction score
I have heard their are more sledders missing in the Renshaw today is this true has anybody heard anything?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard their are more sledders missing in the Renshaw today is this true has anybody heard anything?

There are three that didn't come off the hill ls night. But the weather socked in yesterday afternoon.. So hopefully just couldn't make it back to the truck due to weather.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has Barry and Rod gone looking yet?
catmando!
Cross our fingers!

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Barry,

Just courious to know what area of renshaw that bad slide was in

Top Bottom