Who all has broken down sleds?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey glen, how many XP'ees do you think you've had in the shop this year? I noticed that you you think that they are good sleds, But it seems that you have alot of them going throught the shop. How many Yama-anvils In there for work other than the Nytro for body work cuz the guy hit a rock?:p

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weve had quite a few xp's go thru, but mostly for screen kits and mods. We've done lots of big bore kits on them. It puts them up to like 174hp. We keep busy enough with other sleds we tend not to do alot of the yammy stuff, we usually just direct people over to E&S for there yammy work. But the one that hit a rock, we've done alot of work for that guy in the past. Most of the xp's that are in for repair are due to hitting rock's like the yammy..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey glen.... though I seen that pic in your avatar before....

This years sled show..... Nice job....

You bet it was.. It's a sled that i built for a customer at the shop i work at, specialty sleds.. It weighed in at 475lbs dry with ba boondocker turbo kit installed on it...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to Darren @ E&S a few times, he seems very knowledgeable. Its nice to be able to consult with someone that actually knows what he's doing, and seems to really care for each and every customer, and if he doesn't know he doesn't try to baffel you in Bullpoopy. That kinda service gets my $$$$ even when its out of my way to go out there. No disrespect to your shop. I've actually got more help from you on "This Great S & M site" than I have had in your guys shop., But then again I have never delt with you one on one ....... yet.:) Keep working hard for that M1000, so when we go riding I can lend you my snobunjie....... hahahaha.... lmao:rollinglaugh:.......:devildancing:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on glad that i could be of help.. A guy might need a couple of them snowbungiees to try and tow a yammer.. Hahaha..LOL.. Yah we deal wit hdarren quite a bit.. He's actually the one that built the nytro thats in our shop right now, they were busy and the cust us if we would do it for him, so we said sure.. I think that with the qway the mountain sleds are going now that you'll see yammy go on a diet, mainly cause they wont have a choice.. Cats are going to drop like 30 lbs for next supposedly.. That would put the M1000 in under 500lbs dry, that would rock. They will also have electronic reverse like doo and polaris. Thats cause doo's patent ran out on the reverse.. That is awesome. Buti guess that dont help the yamm's though.. To bad...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope they get the yammies on Jenny Craig. I have knocked 61 lbs out of mine just with seat and exhaust and removed pretty much all the foam up front, boy did that stuff wick up the water. It took days to dry out in the garage. What do you need reverse for? Is that so you can back out of everybodys way ?:ha_ha: :devildancing:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey there doo got back into the 4stroke market.. There is going to be a 1170cc 4stroke inline triple, like the nytro.. They say that it'll have 130hp. It'll be in an xp chasis but havn't published any weights yet on it, kinda scary.. You can check it out on www.dootalk.coom

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I thought Doo was going to stay out of the Four Stroke Market. Guess they see a bigger share of the "Pie" if they go into it. I wonder if Yamaha's new line up pulled a few more customers away than they expected, obvioulsy they've been working on this for a while. It will be interesting to see the info when Doo starts to release stuff.

Hey there doo got back into the 4stroke market.. There is going to be a 1170cc 4stroke inline triple, like the nytro.. They say that it'll have 130hp. It'll be in an xp chasis but havn't published any weights yet on it, kinda scary.. You can check it out on www.dootalk.coom

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just started to release stuff on the web today.. So far they show it in a mxz and touring type chasis. Which a 4stroke is perfect for trail riding and touring.. Cause the weight isnt an issue really..

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again Glen...... Even the heavy ones are fun to ride.... and your friends can know about them....:D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah... Well i was sad to see when i went onto the doo main site that the new doo is only 10lbs lighter than the nytroi... That is short track to short track.. Doo claims it at 509lbs but all there sleds are usually 20lbs heavier than they claim... I was hoping for something light... It just pushes me closer and closer to my M1000....... I bleed green and orange.... I just cant help it.... I love pussy cats...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah... Well i was sad to see when i went onto the doo main site that the new doo is only 10lbs lighter than the nytroi... That is short track to short track.. Doo claims it at 509lbs but all there sleds are usually 20lbs heavier than they claim... I was hoping for something light... It just pushes me closer and closer to my M1000....... I bleed green and orange.... I just cant help it.... I love pussy cats...

You might want to go see the doctor about that. You probably will need some blood work done. The last time I checked blood is red ........ the same as Yamahas color scheme.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were not bashing you Glen but my wife has something to say to you....

I just got my Nytro this year...it is the best sled I have ever owned...I have had 2 doo's in the past and I ride better than I ever had...maybe you just can't handle the weight big boy, because I sure can...maybe you should go work out or something...:rolling: Also you might want to start working a little OT, cause I think you are going to need a lot of gas to run that M1000!!! Oh maybe a few extra shifts to buy all that injection oil!! Hee Hee!! We will be slurping a few beers while you are still filling your tank....save some for the next guy!! Chug a lug!

Remember that this is Mrs. Tabneil speaking!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just got my Nytro this year...it is the best sled I have ever owned...I have had 2 doo's in the past and I ride better than I ever had...maybe you just can't handle the weight big boy, because I sure can...maybe you should go work out or something...:rolling: Also you might want to start working a little OT, cause I think you are going to need a lot of gas to run that M1000!!! Oh maybe a few extra shifts to buy all that injection oil!! Hee Hee!! We will be slurping a few beers while you are still filling your tank....save some for the next guy!! Chug a lug!

BURNNNNN!!!!!:D:D:D

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well miss tabneil i'm glad to hear that you like your sled cause that is the most important thing.. The more women in the sport the better, a really enjoy seeing more of them getting into the sport all the time. It seems like you have been sledding for a while so right on.. Oh yah and no worries i do go to the gym, i'm a lean 175lbs. It's hard to get time for the gym in the winter cause i work about 60-70hrs a week.. But when it comes to sleds it's all about power to weight ratio for me personally.. And M1000 is approx 3.25lb/hp and 4 strokes are approx 4.5lb/hp.. I got no problem with the fuel and oil issue..

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one now tha tmy boy filled my 800 ho with regular gas and siezed her up. I guess its time for a big bore since mom is felling bad about it or feeling sorry for her son that she had to help home. May be able to sqeeze a bit more cost into it ya know what i mean. So i am looking for 860ish i think.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What kind of sled was it?

I have one now tha tmy boy filled my 800 ho with regular gas and siezed her up. I guess its time for a big bore since mom is felling bad about it or feeling sorry for her son that she had to help home. May be able to sqeeze a bit more cost into it ya know what i mean. So i am looking for 860ish i think.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

With it being a 800 ho motor the 860 kit wont work, cause the cylinder walls are not thick enough.. But what you can do is go for a 827 kit, it like just over 160hp.. And it comes in a kit with pistons and head and then it's a cylinder exchange deal.. The kits are about 2700 i think.. They work really well.. PM me if you would like more info...

Top Bottom