Who all has broken down sleds?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One buddy has a busted jack shaft....two more with broken cranks....another with a Assault 800 on it's second engine.....another went into the tree's full out and busted himself and the sled up bad....and now a 09 600 swithback gernaded today....running out of people to ride with!!! Oh yeah....the M8 just rolled over 2000m yesterday and is running strong!!!

nytrobrad

Reaction score
Smoked a rock with a nytro mtx. Twisted a rail, bent a few other pieces in the skid, bent the tunnel. Picked up a complete skid from the classifieds on this site, straightened the tunnel, and was back riding within a week.

kilowatt

Reaction score
On March 1st staged out of Coleman York Creek with a 01 800 MC rode down to the south shelter, should have stopped when my speedo quit working but I didnt so I flipped the over the sled before we left the shelter to come back and thats when I noticed the speedo side bearing on the track drive shaft was toast, I took it real easy the way back it started making a lot of noise, I thought the shaft would be damaged but it was fine, so the next time my speedo stops working I am going to stop and have a good look at things.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grenaded engine #2 in my 05 Rt 1000. 4000 miles. Two words.......FOR SALE!
Bought a turbo nytro instead.............no more 2 stroke headaches for me!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hit a hidden rock full throttle, at the shop now will find out soon if its a write off, could b hope so anyway. cracked/bent bulk head, bent tunnel, drivers pushed back, hood smashed and various other little things, oh ya and one hell of a set of blue brains!

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha my issues are minor compared to a lot of you boys. Spyder went in my primary clutch for a second time. Sheeves and everything are faucked. need a whole new clutch. anyone got a spare kickin around for a 06 m6LE?? i dont need a spring or weights, but 68grams if in it would be nice! haha

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke steering shaft on the way out last weekend on my one sled (4 kms from the truck - lucky) so I used my backup sled to pull it out. Short tied it for the tow and all the big sled wanted to do was wheely, I think it put too much torque on the back axle, bolts on the two back idlers backed out about 500 ft from the truck and both outer rear axle wheels fell off (maybe the shaft started spinning - not sure) anyway, welded the old steering shaft, got a new one and welded it too as the spare. Got a Doo axle for the big AC, will fit it in there tonight. LOL - Mine's not bad to compared to some others though.

spike7ss

Reaction score
Broke mine on wednesday, hit a tree and broke the tierod end. Tried to strap the ski, tie the ski, but couldnt ride like that. So let the ski turn around backwards and road the whole day like that

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a o7 summit 800 at the end of oct with 700miles. At the begining of dec I went to swan hills rode 20 miles hit a hole:eek: and bent the tunnel and bulkhead:eek:. I got that fixed and at the end of feb I was riding Marten Hills(outside of Slave lake) came over a snow bank and slid into a tree:eek: I still havent fixed that yet. bumper and belly pan. now whith this said this isn't my frist sled. been riding since I could get on one. Maby thats my problem:d:d:d Go Hard Or Go Home:eek::d:beer:

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
Nothing broken down at this time. However, I did have to replace a trailing arm and suspension spring on a 1998 Ski Doo Grand Touring, this season.
I have replaced the track twice, but with only 34,000 km on the snowmobile, that is nothing unusual. I have replaced 1 ski in that time.

Top Bottom