Who all has broken down sleds?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is a 03 800 ho summit zx. The 827 sounds ok. Havent got it apart yet but 0 compression in pto 70 in mag. He is getting a lesson in fixing a sled. Plugs are full of piston stuff. Also running twin crank shop pipes and worked very well.
Till now .

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled is a 03 800 ho summit zx. The 827 sounds ok. Havent got it apart yet but 0 compression in pto 70 in mag. He is getting a lesson in fixing a sled. Plugs are full of piston stuff. Also running twin crank shop pipes and worked very well.
Till now .

I'm actually putting an 827 in an '03 right now, or well iguess monday morning i'll be continueing on it... Just pull yours apart and check that the crank and cases are still good.. We had a guy do a similar thing this year and a chunk got down into the crank and cracked the cases.. Can be tough to see the cracks sometimes, requires the motor pulled out and tore right down.. I'm hopin for the best...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
umm..i think .08rider has that kit... cause if i rember corectly thats what his rev is

If his rev is an '06 or earlier and it has a big bore kit is probably a 827... It's only the '07 and newer that you can do the 860 because of the monoblock which gives you alot more meat on your cylinders..

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see ya in the morning at the shop.....bringin in willis's XP for the 860 and comin to get parts for my 04.....ken had a good laugh at my crash into the trees.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah.. I didnt hear about that one yet??? Sounds good i'll be ready for willis's sled. And i'll have to ask ken about your loggin excursion.. It seems that ken's riding buddy roger took a try at loggin himself also..LOL... Just let me know when you guys are planning on going out again...

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We always have a riot with roger and ken....real treat to ride with them . Its all about freinds that love riding as much as you do....makes it fun . :)

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet. I can imagine.. I asked him about your tree excursion, he started to laugh and then told me. So that was a pretty good tree well i here..LOL.. aren't those fun...LOL... You didnt make er in today?

Bryan m

Reaction score
I had started a post "Puddle of gas and oil" I was lake running on New Years eve and sled started sputtering, limped it back to shop and checked on it a few hrs later and was a Puddle of gas and oil under it. Just got back to it today and started tearing it down, Exhaust pipe was full of gas so pulled off the head and everything there looked OK, pulled off the carbs and slides were ok, pulled off jugs and crankcase was also full of gas but no damage that is visable. That's as far as I got today. Does this sound familiar to anyone...Help!!

yep! sure does soundds like oil pump quit,Or linkage, or line came off, that happend to me, drained crank case,pipes,&carbs, good to go!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's powderchowder's sled. Riding just outside of nordeg.

Attachments

• rocky 010.jpg
    rocky 010.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 35
  • rocky 011.jpg
    rocky 011.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
  • rocky 012.jpg
    rocky 012.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30

Reaction score
About a week before christmas and our revy trip I took a piston out of my RT. The sled was only 12 days off of warranty! We talked to Ski-Doo, and their willing to pick up all the parts. We just have to pay for labour. Luckily I didn't sell my old sled, I still was able to go on our trip. But my engine is being rebuilt right now and should be ready in a couple weeks.

what dealer my son just blew his up too

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
99 summitx One thing to check is the bore with inside measure calibre check
at top middle bottom at 90 degree of each check what your checking for is
if bore straight or oval ,oval been bad.Then gingerly pull of top ring slide down
inside bore checking ring end gap I,am not sure exact what gap is but 8-10000 should be good if any numbers are out you are duefor a rebuild.Your
flooding problem may due to simple float problem been stuck or the needle
and seat leak by always do the easy stuff first before tear down the motor.
just a little word of wisdom I hope this helps

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I made the season around 1000k.m broke 5000 k.m on the last ride now
it time to decide keep the sled going build it the way it should have been,or
spring check a new2010 B.R.P back country my total parts count in 5000 is
a choke cable ,2belts,apair skags .Life is good

Top Bottom