Weights and power to weight ratios

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the the Doo is dynoed at 155 hp. Doesn't matter really. Just got a kick out of Doos advertising power to weight. They forgot to mention they came in second. Just making sure the masses get the truth or a reasonable facsimile of it anyway. Poken fun. Nothing better to Doo when you have no snow.:cool:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the the Doo is dynoed at 155 hp. Doesn't matter really. Just got a kick out of Doos advertising power to weight. They forgot to mention they came in second. Just making sure the masses get the truth or a reasonable facsimile of it anyway. Poken fun. Nothing better to Doo when you have no snow.:cool:

ya. but over here in bc there is tons of snow. ive been riding it all winter 3 days a week beating up on those 417lb turds like no ones business. i like how guys from sk with no snow are always the smart ones with all the experience and real world information.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow this is fun...look how easy it is to get nice sensitive folk to talk to you. Lets try this some more. Ok...Doo sucks cause all my Poo buds say so. Must be true. OK....fun starts. Maxwell tell me more about the terrible clutching Poo has. And that track....man is it bad. I only gots a 2" x 144". Tell me why it won't go in the mountains please before I go again and make a fool out of myself. I can't stand having fun with a piece of junk and people laughing at me doing circuits around them and not getting tired. Flip I am 51 years old and should not be doing this stuff. I just can't figure out why this stupid Polaris keeps lifting the skis in the air every time I just look at the throttle. Gotta fix that. I can't handle it. Please help.:p

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

my girlfriend rides a fan cooled 380 121" in the mountains thats not the point.

#1 - clutching. the 2 2011 prormks i tried one was bouncing all over the place from 7600-8200 on a short pull. and the other just wouldnt make 8200rpm if its life depended on it. yes i know maybe he needed to remove weight? there is a tool for this built into the tra so i am not familiar with this clutch wrenching on the hill? afterall it is 2012.

#2 - the track is absolute garbage. any serious mountain rider knows this. it just does not work, in deep snow, ice, hardpack. nothing. its a gigantic broom. no bite. my 2010 xp with 2.5" track walks by a 2011 pro with stock track by at least 25-30% on a long steep climb ( i know even i was hoping it would be closer because people on the internet might actually beleive me if it was only maybe 10%. oh and the rider is about 30lbs lighter than me too and is a member of this website and isnt affraid to admit it i would bet) you hop on a pro rmk and mash on the throttle up a short steep pull and there is just nothing there. no hookup no forward momentum. move over to the doo with the new camo extreme 2.5 and it is amazing the thing just pulls your arms off. it kind of reminds me of my work sleds ( bravo 250cc) when you mash on the throttle and it just goes BLAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NOW here comes the part you might like. he switched the track to a 2.5 extreme on one of the pro rmks. guess what? it works! much better! it aint no 16 wide and it aint no 160hp but it works! i may actually ride that sled for half a day! you can actually feel a little pull in your arms theres some hookup there! it also works on icy beat up backway trails now too without polishing the trail for the rest of us to a fine super smooth surface.

im a fat bastard. my sled is stock, and i have nothing to hide. a pro rmk is not touching a new xp in the deep stuff end of story. regardless of weight. ive sat at the bottom of many hills watching these events take place.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Power to weight ratios on a dry sled no rider or gear is meaningless , it's just a sales gimmick.

exactly. if were going to play that ggame might aswell throw out all of our safety gear and avalanche equipment! my backpack probly weighs 20lbs more than some of the guys i ride with so?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I take a big chit before I ride I will reduce my weight ratio aint gonna help though cause if my buddies do the same they will be lighter cause their full of chit.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So...Summit X weight is 464 lbs and the Pro RMK is 417 lbs. A difference of...........................47 lbs less for the Pro.
Power to weight ratio is 2.84 lb/hp for the Summit X and 2.69 lb/hp for the Pro Rmk based on manufacturers stated weights. Although 3rd party dyno tests show all manufacturers hp ratings are very likely lies I used 163 hp for the Doo and 155 hp for the Poo.
Just sayin.:rolleyes:
Im running 2.15lb/HP in a better chassis than most.

Reaction score
Its all in the rider.. If your good then no matter what you ride or what the weight is you will do good .. If you suck then the power to weight ratio won't make a differents.. Just sayin..

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I take a big chit before I ride I will reduce my weight ratio aint gonna help though cause if my buddies do the same they will be lighter cause their full of chit.

Classic Jay I love it!...I needed a good laugh!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Classic Jay I love it!...I needed a good laugh!

Ha glad I could help brother. Peeps are way to serious bout this chit figured I'd lighten things up a bit.

Just read your avatar meter LMAO I'm gettin one

Last edited:

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...early november..sleds weren't broke in. My new freeride 154 2.5", new proclimb hcr, new 155 assault. I was first to hit the vert ledge. Side hill left over tree for about 500 ft. Turned up hill. Hcr and pro did same side hill. Then went down. When asked why they said they had to. All three sleds bone stock. About 50 km on em.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok...early november..sleds weren't broke in. My new freeride 154 2.5", new proclimb hcr, new 155 assault. I was first to hit the vert ledge. Side hill left over tree for about 500 ft. Turned up hill. Hcr and pro did same side hill. Then went down. When asked why they said they had to. All three sleds bone stock. About 50 km on em.
The summit is a better climber then the freeride too

Top Bottom