Well, what to do for 2015. Doo or Poo.

jockdoc

Reaction score
Cycle Works Foothills is great. Just got to build the relationship.

DTMVTEC

Reaction score
Loving this thread. As a first time sled buyer (ever) I've spring checked a 2015 163 T3.
It seems everyone around here (whistler) is on on Doos so was a logical step, in fact i don't even think we have a polaris dealer local. With the sounds of it ill have a blast on either. Keep the posts coming i need something to read for the next 8 months !

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I own both sleds.
Poo more snappy, kinda aggressive riding style.
Doo more about polish, as french ppl would say POSH sled. Looks kinda cool, better to impress your GF. It looks more expensive.
Doo has horrible clutching, these torsion springs on the back you gonna love it or hate it. Difficult to start when its below -20.
Poo has problem with overheating, still dunno how to solve it. Under powered engine, but way better clutched then DOO.
Don't believe that Poo has problems with its engine, mine Poo has about 5k and still running strong, just don't forget to add some oil to the tank, LOL

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not just turn up the injector vs adding oil to the tank? With its semi injection is that oil even getting to the bottom end when premixing? Plus you are leaning out the mixture.

sent from a top secret location

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most civil doo vs poo thread I have ever seen in my entire life.

There will always be those guys who try and take it off track and a little fun and games is in good humor once in awhile.

It's not so much one vs the other as what successes and problems have people had with the support of the brand and dealer support at the end of the day for me.

Each sled, Summit vs RMK has its particular traits which appeal to various people. Does a Summit handle whooped out trails better? Yes, do to its design it does but does that take away from it being something better? The list goes on.

Some guys can ride anything, and it can be set up anyway and it works for them. I want a sled that allows me to push my ability and if I have a problem with it I want to know I have a dealer that can take care of it.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, have you decided yet Danny? :deadhorse:

I want to get some more feedback on the changes for the T3 of actual riding. Hopefully go try one. The geometry changes with spindle change and new ski apparently works well. I still don't like the idea of the 3". The big seller is the 4 year warranty. If it feels better than the current XM I may go that way.

I haven't walked into a Polaris dealership to see what they can actually do. Getting the $1000 in accessories, the free starter which I can sell, the clicker shocks all for free is a bonus but I would rather have a longer warranty. The Pro chassis is still a likely bet for a light guy like me.

My sled is currently getting a new motor so I have lost a bit of ambition to be out riding. Heck already looking at the spring upgrades for the bike.

Maybe I will end up waiting another year and ride the '12 and see how Polaris does with their new 800ho.

zeke

Reaction score
I'm kinda in the same boat. I rode a 10 xp 163 for the last couple years and need an upgrade. Last trip I rented a 14 xm 154 for a day and was impressed with the handling and power. Next week I'm taking out a 2012 Pro 155 for a couple days. Hope to make a decision after that. I'm going to decide strickly on what ever feels better. Would like to take out a cat as well but dont think it's going to happen. Good thread.

Polar_RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not just turn up the injector vs adding oil to the tank? With its semi injection is that oil even getting to the bottom end when premixing? Plus you are leaning out the mixture.

I did turn up the pump, however if you drive slow or during warm up engine isn't getting enough oil. Another problem - I always getting air bubble inside that pipe, don't really know how to fix it.
Yes, it is claimed if you do pre-mix oil going straight down to the bottom end. I read it on the snowwest, not sure if its true or not.

Stickyfingers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Pro 163 with over 2000km and I left the motor and clutching stock. never had a single issue with it. I did not turn the oil pump up I just run it hard. My plugs alaways look good although I have fouled 2 sets in that time. Both times was when it was warming up at an idle. I have burned up 2 belts the first was a Polaris belt and the second was a dayco both lasted about the same. I have since switched to a Napa belt and it works great. Love the handling of the pro it feels very comfortable to me. Also I have installed front bumper and a arms and shocks and it is a very simple machine to work on and take off body panels. sled will run hot if scratchers are not down on the trail. stock rear bumper is junk and the front isn't much better. The motor does not feel underpowered to me. I like that the pro will be on its 5th production year. Its a great sled but I don't blame you for wanting to wait another year because the T3 Skidoo is going to be the sled to beat next year. I imagine Polaris sled headquarters is buzzing to figure out a great mountain setup with there new engine and chassis for 2016 to compete with them badass T3s.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Pro 163 with over 2000km and I left the motor and clutching stock. never had a single issue with it. I did not turn the oil pump up I just run it hard. My plugs alaways look good although I have fouled 2 sets in that time. Both times was when it was warming up at an idle. I have burned up 2 belts the first was a Polaris belt and the second was a dayco both lasted about the same. I have since switched to a Napa belt and it works great. Love the handling of the pro it feels very comfortable to me. Also I have installed front bumper and a arms and shocks and it is a very simple machine to work on and take off body panels. sled will run hot if scratchers are not down on the trail. stock rear bumper is junk and the front isn't much better. The motor does not feel underpowered to me. I like that the pro will be on its 5th production year. Its a great sled but I don't blame you for wanting to wait another year because the T3 Skidoo is going to be the sled to beat next year. I imagine Polaris sled headquarters is buzzing to figure out a great mountain setup with there new engine and chassis for 2016 to compete with them badass T3s.

its going to be a 350hp 146. because burandt says thats all you need.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only reason he runs the short tracks is because it makes for cool video. I am petty sure he has even said that.

Top Bottom