Well, what to do for 2015. Doo or Poo.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it all preference. But if flat steering is ideal on a mountain sled, why is it there are no kits converting vertical post to it?? Why does the new MTN viper have vertical steering?? Why do the XMs have a relocate kits that attempts to improve it??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

there is a fix kit!!!Its called buying a SKIDOO!!!LOL

I am sure i could make a pro work eventually ..but in reality humans resist change.End of story.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy who just broke hit tibia and tibia yesterday in mcbride cause his foot got stuck in the polaris foot well on a new poo. Another friend got off a little better last season after getting his boot caught the same way and pulled some muscles that took a while to heal.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a buddy who just broke hit tibia and tibia yesterday in mcbride cause his foot got stuck in the polaris foot well on a new poo. Another friend got off a little better last season after getting his boot caught the same way and pulled some muscles that took a while to heal.

ouch..big boots. i agree they should be a inch wider in the foot wells.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I broke my leg a year ago riding. I still feel had I been on a Pro it wouldn't have ended the way it did. Spring conditions and couldn't get the Doo to hold the line I wanted. I have ridden the same lines on the Polaris and felt confident on it. So the argument can go either way. Now had I been on an XM you say, still don't feel I could have ridden it out with how the Doo responds.

I will agree much is rider preference. Each sled has its own traits and none are perfect. Heck I still think the older M series sleds were great in those non ideal situations.

Just taking all the feedback in.

sent from a top secret location

jockdoc

Reaction score
I have one of each... I like my pro better. More raw almost crisp feeling about the whole package. Just turbo'd the pro, so now its not even fair for the poor Doo. However, I still like my Doo. We ski a bit and I like the Doo for shuttling another rider.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are quoting American Internet prices. Have a look at any Canadian Polaris website, a lower glued arm $469. Mind you it is a kit with all the pins, bushings and balljoint. Unfortunately you can't buy a bare arm.

Why would you buy a stock glued one? Buy an alternate impact or timber sled single replacement in a pinch or both bottoms if you care about matching.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I broke my leg a year ago riding. I still feel had I been on a Pro it wouldn't have ended the way it did. Spring conditions and couldn't get the Doo to hold the line I wanted. I have ridden the same lines on the Polaris and felt confident on it. So the argument can go either way. Now had I been on an XM you say, still don't feel I could have ridden it out with how the Doo responds.

I will agree much is rider preference. Each sled has its own traits and none are perfect. Heck I still think the older M series sleds were great in those non ideal situations.

Just taking all the feedback in.

So with going on into 5 pages, it appears that from the get-go your mind is made up!

I broke my fibula 3 valleys west of Elkford with the foot jammed in the footwell. It wasn't the footwell's fault but rather rider error that was the culprit! I still ride and love my Doo's but just adjust a little more and am much more conscientious going down slopes.

It is funny how it goes; I lent out our 2 XMX's yesterday to a couple of born and bred AC mountain guys. One of guys, has a modded Pro but has been on AC and Yami's since he could ride. Both of them were impressed with the performance of a stock machine and are seriously contemplating crossing over with purchasing the 2015. A good rider can ride them all well. It just takes a little tinkering and adjustment to get the best out of the sled.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who are these people that cant hold a sidehill on a XM? you could hold a sidehill on a 4x8 sheet of plywood if your body was positioned correctly. it just doesn't make sense to me that people say that. ive seen people that can sidehill for ever on a skidoo? myself included I can go as far as I would want to go LOL. at the end of the day they have skis and tracks sidehilling is about rider position.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who are these people that cant hold a sidehill on a XM? you could hold a sidehill on a 4x8 sheet of plywood if your body was positioned correctly. it just doesn't make sense to me that people say that. ive seen people that can sidehill for ever on a skidoo? myself included I can go as far as I would want to go LOL. at the end of the day they have skis and tracks sidehilling is about rider position.

I could be wrong but think the opinion discussed was some sidehill better or easier than others....some require more rider input than others.

geo

Reaction score
And the question asked by the OP will always lead to this type of discussion lol.

I'll add,,, The only think I regret about my Pro purchase is,,, Why did I wait 3 yrs.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I dont have much seat time on a pro, I have put about 5000 km on my Turbo Xm in the past two years and have learned quite a bit in that time.

Rider confidence is a huge factor on the lines you ride and the things you attempt. So i would place that at a higher priority, basically ride what makes you a more confident rider.

Reliability is another HUGE factor for me, having 5000 km on a Turbo XM i think speaks volumes to my success. I dont think i would have had the same success on a T Pro or T Cat. I also personally know of many many many pros (2013,2014) needed fix kits, They still have a problem and if you ride a lot i would say its a requirement. Its easy to do yourself if you're into that sort of thing so its not as expensive as you might think, but nonetheless the fact a new sled needs this? mind boggling.

Fit and Finish. No other sled has the amount of attention paid to detail and the small signs of quality like a Doo. Period. That sounds like a doolaid comment but it really is a truth, there is a lot of unfinished edges and things "missing" on a pro.

I'm not one for brand bashing (i do enjoy the jokes though) and would ride with any one on a cat or a pro. But with the amount of improvements Doo has been making on a faster timeline, i would seriously reconsider a T3.

Also as far as ease of riding, I think the pro maybe more responsive as a sled, I do think that the Doo is more predictable though. They both have their strengths and weaknesses but in my mind I see the doo with a lot more strengths in the end.

hope that helps!

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but think the opinion discussed was some sidehill better or easier than others....some require more rider input than others.

Maybe we should start a "how to sidehill" thread.......?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And the question asked by the OP will always lead to this type of discussion lol.

I'll add,,, The only think I regret about my Pro purchase is,,, Why did I wait 3 yrs.

Actually it wasn't as much which sled is better but overall what brand may not only be better to go with, but who has had issues with warranty, reliability, and so on.

To me its not just about buying brand x sled. Overall I have been happy with my last few Doo's. I do think the Pro may be a better sled for me in terms of what I want in terms of ridability but going to a different brand with a new dealer concerns me.

sent from a top secret location

ride907AK

Reaction score
The 13 & up Pro's get mileage on par with the XM's unless you are talking about 100% trail riding.
A Mountain Addiction gas can setup works great.
13 and newer are not having piston/cylinder issues like before.
If you snow check a Pro, depending on the model, you can get a whole bunch of extras at no charge for next year including tunnel bags and different bumpers.
Adding oil to the fuel tank of a Pro does nothing for the bottom end as the injectors are high on the transfer ports not on the throttle bodies. Only the piston crown and rings see this extra oil. The thing to do is turn up the oil pump.
The snow build-up at the back of the running boards is annoying. This should be better on the 15's with the paint.

That being said the Doos are definitely built better they just don't have the right mountain ergonomics IMHO. When my XM friend tried my Pro he said it felt more 'electric' (smoother).
If the XM would lose 40 lbs, straighten up the steering post and move it back 5 inches I would probably be back on one.

Polaris prices for parts is stupid high ($450 for a lower A-arm!). They are clearly trying to recover revenue from all the engine failures in years gone by.

They still have the piston problems for 13, 14, and 15. Hopefully they will fix the problem for 2016 and with more hp!!!!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
wow this thread is sure going to be be a good one to read. I myself love my 2014 pro and my son's 2013 RMk 600 but I am a Polaris guy now for 20 years. Some of my riding buddies have had no issues ever with their pro's and have put on lots of miles. All the brands have issues. The dealer issue is a big one for me and the dealer in Pincher Creek has been great to me and the mechanic is one of the best. I had issues with the ski-doo dealer in Lethbridge so I wouldn't buy a sled from them.The warranty was a big thing so I bought the 4 year warranty for my pro just to be safe. The pro is easy to ride for both my son and myself
Did you say the mechanic at ranchers is one of the best. He has more blown engines than anyone I know. His shop is a dusty mess and he starts sleds with ether.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't like that I can see the staples on the Pro seat while it sits on my deck. I'm buying the XM 163 T3 this year.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So then the discussion should be ended. Since 2010 the Doo's have pretty much been bullet proof and there aren't many Poo owners who can say that. Now all you have to doo is find a dealer.......

Nope we cant claim Bulletproof but the Poo's are just so darn fun to ride and with there Terrain Domination a motor here or there is worth it!!

Oh and Poo comes with a Kings Crown if you haven't heard!!:beer: :D

Top Bottom