2015 Mountain Sleds Dry Weight

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not dry weight, just thought I'd put this out there. surprised me.

2015 Yamaha SR Viper M-TX: A New Contender - YouTube

Does the yamaha have non painted rails? looked like it, could have shed more weight with painted. my pro boards do hold a bunch of snow, not that much cause im cleaning them by stepping downmoving all over the sled riding but hey whatever, also my le has painted rails and doesnt hold snow like that non le. Ive also never seen a xm with snow build up like that. but faiiiiiiiir enough thats those test results.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much snow the Poo and Doo carry with them on the hill but not surprised with where the power to weight ratio ended up. You just don't pay that altitude penalty with boost. Good job of marketing by Yamaha.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised how much snow the Poo and Doo carry with them on the hill but not surprised with where the power to weight ratio ended up. You just don't pay that altitude penalty with boost. Good job of marketing by Yamaha.

I was very impressed last winter at how little snow and ice Trollcats M8000 had on it compared to everything else, cat did a good job making those things not collect snow/ice

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best part about these comparison videos is snow buildup is not a measurable medium. fail. unless we throw it into a controlled environment which is virtually impossible

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was very impressed last winter at how little snow and ice Trollcats M8000 had on it compared to everything else, cat did a good job making those things not collect snow/ice
He needs to ride that thing instead of visiting all the time. HaHa.

Oh my I'm gonna catch hell for that........:ignore:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode it for a bit down at the lakes and in the tree's. I liked the way it handled but struggled with the steering. Please don't tell Lenny......:crapfan:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best part about these comparison videos is snow buildup is not a measurable medium. fail. unless we throw it into a controlled environment which is virtually impossible

Have you ever been on or seen a xm load up with snow like that? Like wtf. Just the rear skid? Weird ****

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode it for a bit down at the lakes and in the tree's. I liked the way it handled but struggled with the steering. Please don't tell Lenny......:crapfan:
You didnt like thw steering on the cat? Ive never rode one but the uncle mentioned once he rode a buddies and he said......and I quote "you cant steer the fu*ker!" He rides doo so maybe its just the fact he is a pussy.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No.. trust me they steer funny.. I got used to it, but not totally.
You didn't like the steering on the cat? Ive never rode one but the uncle mentioned once he rode a buddies and he said......and I quote "you cant steer the fu*ker!" He rides doo so maybe its just the fact he is a pussy.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever been on or seen a xm load up with snow like that? Like wtf. Just the rear skid? Weird ****

How about the Pro? You ever see ten pounds of snow packed into each A-arm and on each ski?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How about the Pro? You ever see ten pounds of snow packed into each A-arm and on each ski?

Haha nope...

I found this pic on my facebook from 2010( i don't take many pics anymore) of my friends 2007 144 600 rmk with a 800 ves in it. Stock crap boards. Lots of unpainted parts. That day was raining below 5000ft so that snow was wet as hell. His sled has less snow than that pro on it.

Bergler

Reaction score
I don't notice the snow build up at all. Seems just slide off these machines.

Cooking spray also helps.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOly fawk you guys need to let it go. Stop making excuses when the results don't lean your way...."Snow accumulation is not a measurable medium"? WTF? Do you know anything about science? YES IT IS! Its called MASS. MASS is measurable, in many different quantities actually. Why do we need a controlled lab environment? The objective of the test is to simulate REAL riding conditions, which you won't mimic in the lab, that would be the FAIL. Best way is to do exactly what they did and field test the sleds, then weigh them. This gives true empirical data. Don't like the results? Don't call out someones credibility. In the scientific community, unless you man up and replicate the test and show up with your own set of data to disprove their findings, you're just another critic with no balls. So, man up and do an honest test yourself and don't skew the results, or STFU already.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOly fawk you guys need to let it go. Stop making excuses when the results don't lean your way...."Snow accumulation is not a measurable medium"? WTF? Do you know anything about science? YES IT IS! Its called MASS. MASS is measurable, in many different quantities actually. Why do we need a controlled lab environment? The objective of the test is to simulate REAL riding conditions, which you won't mimic in the lab, that would be the FAIL. Best way is to do exactly what they did and field test the sleds, then weigh them. This gives true empirical data. Don't like the results? Don't call out someones credibility. In the scientific community, unless you man up and replicate the test and show up with your own set of data to disprove their findings, you're just another critic with no balls. So, man up and do an honest test yourself and don't skew the results, or STFU already.

Common I thought you were smarter than that. You can not duplicate exactly the same scenario for each machine there for its a fail. Sure it's real scenario riding but with different riders riding different spots and different snow. All it takes is one of those riders to do one thing different to change the results. It's just not comparable whatsoever.

I guarantee a different day same test different riders you could 180 those results with ease

Top Bottom