2015 Mountain Sleds Dry Weight

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:offtopic: but.....

I like how so many are haters of the "bendy crap" that Doo came out with and think it's a gimmick, junk, etc, and yet now a few of the leading aftermarket skid builders have their own versions of it. Yet it's a gimmick. Ya you bet. Maybe it actually works???:Ponder:

Some of you clowns need to pull up the blinders wipe the ego and bias out of your eyes and get a look at the big picture.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do us a favor maxwell. Get some buddies together, on doo, one popo, and one cat. Then pay you deposit of a 12 pack of beer to each one. Then take each sled ride the same area, same amount of time, same day, and if you want make an equal amount of right turns and left turns then weigh them hanging from a tree. Now I realize one sled might have more snow or less snow on it but that doesnt simply make it a fail. All it means is that particular sled is either better or worse for shedding snow. If there is any kind of fail in this method.....perhaps its the operator.

Oh, and by the way...........please include video of the process in full including the riding.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do us a favor maxwell. Get some buddies together, on doo, one popo, and one cat. Then pay you deposit of a 12 pack of beer to each one. Then take each sled ride the same area, same amount of time, same day, and if you want make an equal amount of right turns and left turns then weigh them hanging from a tree. Now I realize one sled might have more snow or less snow on it but that doesnt simply make it a fail. All it means is that particular sled is either better or worse for shedding snow. If there is any kind of fail in this method.....perhaps its the operator.

Oh, and by the way...........please include video of the process in full including the riding.

Oh, yeah and make sure they are all topped off with fluids before weighing them.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I'll get right on that I don't have a full time job or anything. It's way easier just to say it's bs

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I'll get right on that I don't have a full time job or anything. It's way easier just to say it's bs
What do you mean? Where do you have anytime to ride if you're so busy? I thought you were the godfather of sledding. Its easier to sit there and say you're too busy then to get out and actually prove these companies wrong! I just lost respect for ya man. Here I thought everyone busted your ass cause you knew what you were talking about and they didnt like the truth. Im suddenly thinking its opposite. Almost like a joey #2...........

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so this thread asked for numbers ...

lets take out all the BS posts and get down to the facts ...

we're still waiting for dry facts ...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? Where do you have anytime to ride if you're so busy? I thought you were the godfather of sledding. Its easier to sit there and say you're too busy then to get out and actually prove these companies wrong! I just lost respect for ya man. Here I thought everyone busted your ass cause you knew what you were talking about and they didnt like the truth. Im suddenly thinking its opposite. Almost like a joey #2...........

Well to be 200% honest I make lots of time to ride in the winter. But when I'm driving 1000km round trip every week the last thing I'll be doing is hanging some sleds from trees. I can do a visual check to see which ones work the best in the deep stuff regardless of these types of testing. Sure I'd love to redo that test but I don't work for snowest and won't be getting paid for it therefor I won't be doing it and likely the reason no one else has and won't. Riding time is precious and I see no gain for myself to prove some internet goofs wrong. My time is better spent updating folks on the conditions after all that's really all anyone cares about in the end

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Common I thought you were smarter than that. You can not duplicate exactly the same scenario for each machine there for its a fail. Sure it's real scenario riding but with different riders riding different spots and different snow. All it takes is one of those riders to do one thing different to change the results. It's just not comparable whatsoever.

I guarantee a different day same test different riders you could 180 those results with ease
Oh Maxy, you just want to call it down because you don't like these results as they don't favour Ski Doo. Stop taking it as an absolute value and realize its proportional. Will it change significantly with other snow conditions? You bet, but then proportionately, so will the weights of the other sleds. Would love to see you back up your statement and completely reverse those results - so why don't you?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Maxy, you just want to call it down because you don't like these results as they don't favour Ski Doo. Stop taking it as an absolute value and realize its proportional. Will it change significantly with other snow conditions? You bet, but then proportionately, so will the weights of the other sleds. Would love to see you back up your statement and completely reverse those results - so why don't you?

...........because that's a lot of work and this is way easier.....?

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The newer cats have less snow build up plain and simple.
In groups we see it all the time when comparing .
This is a unbiased opinion thou as it is what it is .
Sleds with airframe boards and different rear skids seem to be a lot better also.

PS ; Maxwell has his head up his ass any time it's not the Doo being #1 in the topic being discussed.
All the new sleds have good and bad if you open your eyes !

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleds with airframe boards and different rear skids seem to be a lot better also.

PS ; Maxwell has his head up his ass any time it's not the Doo being #1 in the topic being discussed.

Not true. I'm very aware doo is not the lightest on the market.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If its not BRP propaganda....its gots to be lies

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If its not BRP propaganda....it's gots to be lies

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If its not BRP propaganda....it's gots to be lies

Please show us some brp propaganda. Polaris and brp aren't requiring to make such videos yet just sayin LOL. If cat and Yamaha release a revolutionary machine that's 300lbs then snowest might publish a video showing how much snow build up there is on it. Just scraping for every last thing they might have going for them including there magical no stick coatings LOL

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please show us some brp propaganda. Polaris and brp aren't requiring to make such videos yet just sayin LOL. If cat and Yamaha release a revolutionary machine that's 300lbs then snowest might publish a video showing how much snow build up there is on it. Just scraping for every last thing they might have going for them including there magical no stick coatings LOL

We should Teflon coat our sleds that way nothing will stick. I was trying to be funny there but that got me thinking, is that possible? It would look to bad it's a nice black finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too bad the teflon coated heat exchanger wasn't hotter, you'd have some dandy grill marks on your steak and eggs...

We should Teflon coat our sleds that way nothing will stick. I was trying to be funny there but that got me thinking, is that possible? It would look to bad it's a nice black finish!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom