417 pounds

Ski-Doo Summit SP 800R E-TEC 154
464 pounds

Arctic Cat M 8000 Sno Pro 153
N/A. It's personal.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has ever considered this but - since we don't ride a dry sled, would it be better to compare weights when each sled is full of fluids?

I agree. I really liked Arctic Cat's test with all the sleds full of snow and being ridden, then weighing them right there and then.

Everyone may not agree with the outcome but seems like a more logical test.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has ever considered this but - since we don't ride a dry sled, would it be better to compare weights when each sled is full of fluids?[/QUOTDont forget to add the weight of the beer from the night before. Should be a formula that will add a little extra each day as the sled trip progresses. :beer::d

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
calculating sled weights with snow seems a bit of a stretch. Different snow conditions will provide different snow loading results.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That test that was done (video is out there somewhere) where they weighed the sleds came up with these results....

Before hitting the snow;
Cat....564lbs
Doo...558lbs
Poo...516lbs

After riding;
Cat....gained 47lbs to 611lbs
Doo...gained 83lbs to 641lbs
Poo...gained 94lbs to 610lbs

This was done almost 2 years ago so perhaps things have changed in how the sleds hold material in.....

I know many people claim this is BS.....(Cuso...you can chime in now...lol).....I although it looks legit to me, I, along with everyone on this site was not there.....so don't shoot the messenger.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That test that was done (video is out there somewhere) where they weighed the sleds came up with these results....

Before hitting the snow;
Cat....564lbs
Doo...558lbs
Poo...516lbs

After riding;

This was done almost 2 years ago so perhaps things have changed in how the sleds hold material in.....

I know many people claim this is BS.....(Cuso...you can chime in now...lol).....I although it looks legit to me, I, along with everyone on this site was not there.....so don't shoot the messenger.
It would be interesting if the manufactures building new chassis address snow build up as cat/Yamaha have.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris 800 Pro-Rmk 155
417 pounds

Ski-Doo Summit SP 800R E-TEC 154
464 pounds

Arctic Cat M 8000 Sno Pro 153
N/A. It's personal.

LOL Does it really matter. When your pinning it through the tree's up the alpine 10-20-40 lbs. will not matter... attach a jerry can... fill the tank put a backpack on with your gear and if your not happy then its too warm out wait for the snow. These threads always stop when the snow is on the ground. Cause it don't matter anymore. OR loose a couple of pounds and it will even it all out :)
Rich

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some weight full of fuel,oil and as listed
2014 cat 800 163 with can 556 lbs
2013 XM 163 with 3 inch track e start 594 lbs
2014 rmk 163 2.5 camo with Mtn Teck turbo 565lbs
All weighed with digital scale hanging on skid steer forks with straps subtracted.
Done last year.
FYI
Sorry not 2015's but just info

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will.
Was this test an independent test?

Before hitting the snow;
Cat....564lbs
Doo...558lbs
Poo...516lbs

After riding;

For everyone who complains about dry weight, think about it in this perspective:

If you were a snowmobile manufacturer and wanted to stay competitive, would you post ready to ride weights?

Would you include your costing with GST, PDI and freight?

Hell no!! I just isn't appealing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom