Snowmobile weights - King Cat / M1100T / M800 / Pro RMK

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering what the ready to ride weight of my new 2017 King Cat was, and decided to weigh the whole fleet. All sleds were full of fuel, oil, and coolant, all have handle bar bags, console knee pads, tethers, tool kit, and spare belt. I will list them below, with what mods they have, and the wet weight.
1) - 2013 Pro RMK 660: This sled has a Carl's Cycle big bore, electric start with lightweight battery, a C3 belt drive, Avid drivers, a 153" x 2.6" Powerclaw track, MTX bulkhead stiffeners, Fire & Ice Tunnel gussets, MTN Tek 3' auxiliary tunnel cooler, Kmod rear suspension with front floats, and a Kmod 37" front end with fox evol R's. It also has Burandt front and rear bumpers, and an HPS ceramic coated can. Sled weight wet: 560 lbs.

2) - 2013 M800 SnoPro Ltd (this has the short cooler, no e-start, 162"). The sled has vented hood panels, an Arctic Edge 925 big bore with Jaws full pipe set, Fire and Ice PTO / MAG engine stops, C3 belt drive (kept oil injection), A/C proclimb front bumper, MAD Fab EZ board inserts, Exit rear shocks with Ice Age Pro-Motion, Skinz concept front end with Float Evol R's, 162" x 2.6" Powerclaw track, 4 wheel kit on rear axle, P85 primary with 911 cover, Tied Secondary, Polaris Gripper skis, and HCR fixed steering post. Sled wet weight: 561.6 lbs

3) - 2013 M1100 Turbo SnoPro Ltd: This sled has an Evolution Powersports Big Chute Turbo, Intercooler fan, BOV, charge tubes, A/C primary with 911 cover and billet spider, Team Tied secondary, Belanger Belt guard, EVO TCL delete and engine mounts, OSP HD jackshaft, C3 belt drive, EVO bullet muffler and downpipe, header and turbo blankets, C3 carbon fuel tank, 2016 A/C front end with Exit X1 shocks, Kmod rear suspension with Raptor shocks, 162" x 3" Powerclaw track, 4 wheel kit on rear axle, Polaris Gripper skis, Skinz front bumper and Airframe boards. Sled wet weight: 652.6 lbs

4) - 2017 M9000 King Cat Turbo: This sled has an Evolution Powersports Bullet Can, EVO charge tubes, Proclimb front and rear bumpers, QSL rear shock, 4 wheel kit on rear axle, B&M Fabrications skinny boards, Polaris Gripper skis, Thunder Products 911 cover. Sled wet weight: 651.6 lbs

So long story short, I was quite surprised how close the M925 and the Pro RMK were in wet weight, less then 2 lbs difference. Both four strokes were very close in weight, and both were about 91 lbs heavier then the two strokes, which is to be expected...
Merry Christmas!

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet the Polaris is heavier than the cat when they are full of snow and ice

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For reference...18 154 850 X 3.0 track Shot Start. Fuel gauge showed 2 bars, otherwise as it rolls off the showroom floor...466.5lbs

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good informative thread. I also found no real difference in weight from my old Nytro and Sidewinder if your just looking at numbers.
But I did find a huge difference in weight distribution between the two, the Nytro carried a lot of its weight on the front while the SW weight is far better distributed. I honestly believe the weight distribution and chassis geometry plays a far more important role in good handling over just weight alone.
And the Nytro vs the Sidewinder is the real proof of this. Though the Nytro is heavy, feels heavy and awkward. The Sidewinder is also equivalently heavy but feels a lot like the lighter 2strokes and nearly as nimble in most conditions.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For reference...18 154 850 X 3.0 track Shot Start. Fuel gauge showed 2 bars, otherwise as it rolls off the showroom floor...466.5lbs
Not really sure what the 466.5lb number is good for... most guys start with a full tank of fuel for a day's ride in the mountains, carry an extra belt, and maybe even run a skidplate. I expect if the 154" 850 was ready to ride it would be around 540 lbs +/- 5 lbs, which indeed is less weight then the iron I weighed. Should be, as it's 5 model years newer, too. I expect that it's comparable to any of the new iron from the other manufacturers.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what the 466.5lb number is good for... most guys start with a full tank of fuel for a day's ride in the mountains, carry an extra belt, and maybe even run a skidplate. I expect if the 154" 850 was ready to ride it would be around 540 lbs +/- 5 lbs, which indeed is less weight then the iron I weighed. Should be, as it's 5 model years newer, too. I expect that it's comparable to any of the new iron from the other manufacturers.

I don't disagree with you...just was what I baselined against for the mods I was doing to see if I gained or lost. Sorry it wasn't useful to you...

Top Bottom