What's it worth?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating listing my 2017 Arctic Cat King Cat as I haven't had the opportunity to ride for the last two seasons. Ascender chassis, which means it has the drop and rolled chaincase, etc. More or less the same sled as a 2018 Sidewinder MTX or 2018 King Cat other then color and some plastic differences. It's pretty mint, with only 345 miles on the odometer, and has the following add ons:
- EVO Powersports Stage 4 flash
- EVO Powersports BOV, charge tubes, bullet muffler, and CAI
- Kmod Rear suspension with Raptor Coilovers and custom spings
- Ice Age Elevate front end
- Ice age 3" anti-stab kit
- B&M Fab Burly Skinny Boards
- All Go customs Intercooler vent / guard
- Aftermarket bumpers front and rear
- Thunder Products 911 cover on primary (yes, it was rebalanced after install)
- SSI Clutching in Primary and Secondary
- Vertical steering post, comes with laydown post as well
- Mountain Addiction fuel/bag combo, handlebar bag, windshield bag, etc.
- Magnetic Tether, Fly Bars, RSI Riser
- A bunch of stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting...
Anyway, I'm debating on selling the sled, but curious what it's roughly worth? Not gonna give it away, as it isn't costing me anything to remain parked in the shop. Not keen on parting it out, either. Just looking for some feedback to determine if I should even bother listing it, the ones I've seen listed have way more miles on them, and not comparable options... Thanks

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating listing my 2017 Arctic Cat King Cat as I haven't had the opportunity to ride for the last two seasons. Ascender chassis, which means it has the drop and rolled chaincase, etc. More or less the same sled as a 2018 Sidewinder MTX or 2018 King Cat other then color and some plastic differences. It's pretty mint, with only 345 miles on the odometer, and has the following add ons:
- EVO Powersports Stage 4 flash
- EVO Powersports BOV, charge tubes, bullet muffler, and CAI
- Kmod Rear suspension with Raptor Coilovers and custom spings
- Ice Age Elevate front end
- Ice age 3" anti-stab kit
- B&M Fab Burly Skinny Boards
- All Go customs Intercooler vent / guard
- Aftermarket bumpers front and rear
- Thunder Products 911 cover on primary (yes, it was rebalanced after install)
- SSI Clutching in Primary and Secondary
- Vertical steering post, comes with laydown post as well
- Mountain Addiction fuel/bag combo, handlebar bag, windshield bag, etc.
- Magnetic Tether, Fly Bars, RSI Riser
- A bunch of stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting...
Anyway, I'm debating on selling the sled, but curious what it's roughly worth? Not gonna give it away, as it isn't costing me anything to remain parked in the shop. Not keen on parting it out, either. Just looking for some feedback to determine if I should even bother listing it, the ones I've seen listed have way more miles on them, and not comparable options... Thanks

Good time to sell it. Prices of used sleds are insane lately

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
List it and see what happens . You don’t get paid for extras most times and it is costing you to leave sitting .
Another year goes by , more new product and value keeps dropping to a value that it will stay at.Maybe it’s at that value now ? Who knows ?
Nice sled but select market .
Probably a reason why you don’t use it as well ? The new 850T is sucking up a lot of the sled market .

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only reason not riding is due to the COVID crap, and my riding buddies are out of commission due to the economy.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My take.... If your sled is rippin’. and ready to go...an you like it... keep it. Riding opportunities come around and you gotta be ready. Lol. Cant get what a mod sled is really worth anyway.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2017 same as yours. It was tuned to 270c ,CAI, Turbo smart BOV, charge tubes, front bumper, and straight pipe. Sold it for 13K. I think I jumped the gun as I had a few guys specifically wanted that sled for its drop and Roll. Now that You Can’t Easily find them, I think to the Select few who seek them, they will be Valuable. However it seems mods don’t go for what there actually worth, unfortunately. A perfect example is my 30K mod I just bought for 9k. It would have cost at least 30 to build new, I picked it up for less than a third of that. Granted I had to work through some “issue” I found, but still. I would probably list yours for higher than you think, put it as Obo, might get a fair price, might give someone a deal and still get a decent dollar.....

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're a month late, used sleds aren't selling as much now, dealers that were selling units before they arrived have now been sitting on the last few units in inventory for a couple weeks.

List it, you might find a buyer, but be prepared to sell it for less than you ask, or wait until fall and hope the market is still good.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the replies. It’s dialed in the way I like (for me), so I guess my best bet is to keep the sled and wait for better opportunities to ride, rather then buy a a stock sled and start over making it mine.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a thread here just the other day of a guy looking for a new sidewinder/ king cat. Yours is practically new, might be worth getting in touch with him?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the replies. It’s dialed in the way I like (for me), so I guess my best bet is to keep the sled and wait for better opportunities to ride, rather then buy a a stock sled and start over making it mine.

I couldn't agree more, its ashamed to put so much effort, time and money to make it yours and have it collect dust in the corner. But honestly there is nothing better out there, even the new BRP turbo or any of the 850's won't match it being you made it yours for your style.
The only way i would sell it is if i left the sledding sport all together and moved on to other things. The modifications to the sled is money lost, speaking from experience.
I think maybe taking the time for new sledding opportunities is what i'ed do. Its tough cause if your anything like me, i don't sled with anybody, i am very picky and choosey on who i'll ride with. But they are there if you look enough, some you won't give a second chance and others might end up being best partnership.
Too bad your so far, i'ed ride with you. I know enough from your past posts. Good luck

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more, its ashamed to put so much effort, time and money to make it yours and have it collect dust in the corner. But honestly there is nothing better out there, even the new BRP turbo or any of the 850's won't match it being you made it yours for your style.
The only way i would sell it is if i left the sledding sport all together and moved on to other things. The modifications to the sled is money lost, speaking from experience.
I think maybe taking the time for new sledding opportunities is what i'ed do. Its tough cause if your anything like me, i don't sled with anybody, i am very picky and choosey on who i'll ride with. But they are there if you look enough, some you won't give a second chance and others might end up being best partnership.
Too bad your so far, i'ed ride with you. I know enough from your past posts. Good luck
Thanks, and you’re correct, I am kinda picky about whom I ride with. Been in The backcountry for a few decades, fixed a lot of sleds on the hill that the owner simply didn’t maintain, or had to patch them up as they had no respect for the hazards of the terrain/conditions, regardless whether they had AST training of not.Or riding with the guys that scatter and you spend an hour trying to figure out where the hell they are, if their hurt, or worse... I’ve also had the privilege of riding with some stellar people over the years too, although a lot of them have packed it in due to health reasons, etc.ya I have no delusions in my 50’s about being becoming the next Burandt.
And as far as he 850T, I know lots love them, it it isn’t my cup of tea. I rode Doo for years, can’t see me going down that road again. Don’t get me wrong, they all have issues, but the turbo 4 strokers seem to have a lot less issues overall...

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re not that picky.... you let me ride with you.....or..wait..no no,I let you ride with me. Lol. Hey Oneoldfart....You can ride with us too...We are all old farts!

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that would be interested this spring or next fall.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 998T platform is getting pretty hard to find. And they're a phenomenal sled

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re not that picky.... you let me ride with you.....or..wait..no no,I let you ride with me. Lol. Hey Oneoldfart....You can ride with us too...We are all old farts!

Not everyone is perfect, i do get brainfarts on occasions. LOL

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 998T platform is getting pretty hard to find. And they're a phenomenal sled

yeah , and I think as time goes on they will become somewhat more valuable to the people that want them. Because really, what else can you get that has that reliability, 270 Hp or more, is a good handling fairly nimble sled ( for its weight of course), and will Put that kind of stretch on your arms?? Lol I remember the Very first time I tried A Friend’s 270 Horse ‘Winder, he’s like stand back, pull and punch it!! Well, me having no idea, did that and in half a blink it stood straight up and down, buried itself up to the Gas cap and tossed me off! It wasn’t even stuck, just hammer down and the front end came down and away she went, But one HELL of a trench left LMAO. They are a Riot!

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah , and I think as time goes on they will become somewhat more valuable to the people that want them. Because really, what else can you get that has that reliability, 270 Hp or more, is a good handling fairly nimble sled ( for its weight of course), and will Put that kind of stretch on your arms?? Lol I remember the Very first time I tried A Friend’s 270 Horse ‘Winder, he’s like stand back, pull and punch it!! Well, me having no idea, did that and in half a blink it stood straight up and down, buried itself up to the Gas cap and tossed me off! It wasn’t even stuck, just hammer down and the front end came down and away she went, But one HELL of a trench left LMAO. They are a Riot!
Sounds about right lol with some minor modifications I get mine all the places my buddies get their two strokes. Sometimes I notice that I work harder but the grunt it has is very addictive so ill take it lol fawk it

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know all about sidewinder trenches lol
31db6e2bc2cb7dc9afa242e7f42165cf.jpg

Top Bottom