2015 Mountain Sleds Dry Weight

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in here. I had a 2013 M800 Le and have a 2014 xmx and when in deep snow the cat has a fraction of the snow stuck to it compared to the summit. The forward cooler on the cats make a big difference.

Bergler

Reaction score
I was just cruising through magazines. Checking the latest about the new sleds. I don't really care, dry weight, full of fluids, full of snow. It just makes me laugh that Arctic Cat does not like to tell there weight when asked. Kinda like the fat girl that is conscious about her weight. Thought it would be good for a giggle.

PS. I would be happy to ride all those sleds. No matter how fat they are. LoL

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a good thing I brought my tape measure when I picked up Blacky the other day Bergler. Now I know for sure that the top of the seat on your "Full Mod, Barbie Edition Pro" fits perfectly between the 3 inch lugs on my overweight fatcat..........................................................................just sayin :eek:

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a good thing I brought my tape measure when I picked up Blacky the other day Bergler. Now I know for sure that the top of the seat on your "Full Mod, Barbie Edition Pro" fits perfectly between the 3 inch lugs on my overweight fatcat..........................................................................just sayin :eek:

Might need that tape measure for the "dick measuring" contest this thread is about to turn into.

Sent using Tapatalk HD

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Polaris will still be the lightest once they get 160hp and a mountain track....doubt it

dynotech is dynoing the polaris 800 ho sunday and putting it against the other two 800s.

that 800 ho is lighter than the current 800 in the rmk. so yes, yes it will be the lightest with a 174 3"

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dynotech is dynoing the polaris 800 ho sunday and putting it against the other two 800s.

that 800 ho is lighter than the current 800 in the rmk. so yes, yes it will be the lightest with a 174 3"
I think he thinks it will pick up weight when they go to 17inch wide track

24V E30

Reaction score
Damn, I'm surprised you didn't come back with something along the lines of, ya well atleast my a-arms are not glued or atleast Doo has a 174x3 track hahahaha.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You ride mountains a lot I can tell

hahah f*ck off. yah guys with their 15" tracks, IDIOTS! cant even get out of the parking lot without sinking! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, 15" wide tracks?!?!?! that 163" x 2.5" x 15" wide is amazing for lake racing, and trail riding! so smooth! JUST TO THINK adding 1" more width to it would allow you to climb mountains! CRAZY

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahah f*ck off. yah guys with their 15" tracks, IDIOTS! cant even get out of the parking lot without sinking! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING, 15" wide tracks?!?!?! that 163" x 2.5" x 15" wide is amazing for lake racing, and trail riding! so smooth! JUST TO THINK adding 1" more width to it would allow you to climb mountains! CRAZY

Hey 15" was cool in 1987. But I'm sure you meadow muffins still have fun in the zones you can reach I know I did on my 2001 zx

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I will.
Was this test an independent test?

For everyone who complains about dry weight, think about it in this perspective:

If you were a snowmobile manufacturer and wanted to stay competitive, would you post ready to ride weights?

Would you include your costing with GST, PDI and freight?

Hell no!! I just isn't appealing.

That doesn't even make sense! Ready to ride weight is something that should be fairly consistent across the board it (Gas, Oil, Coolant- it's all stuff you need to ride). It's all things that the manufacturers can control because of the capacities they have built into their sleds. And it's what they should be reporting because it's the number people want to know.

GST, (You forgot PST for some), PDI and Freight are all things the manufacturers don't control. Two are cash grabs by the government and not consistent for jurisdiction to jurisdiction (State, Provience, County, Etc) and two are cash grabs by the dealers which vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

I'm not sure I follow your analogy here.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That doesn't even make sense! Ready to ride weight is something that should be fairly consistent across the board it (Gas, Oil, Coolant- it's all stuff you need to ride). It's all things that the manufacturers can control because of the capacities they have built into their sleds. And it's what they should be reporting because it's the number people want to know.

GST, (You forgot PST for some), PDI and Freight are all things the manufacturers don't control. Two are cash grabs by the government and not consistent for jurisdiction to jurisdiction (State, Provience, County, Etc) and two are cash grabs by the dealers which vary greatly from dealer to dealer.

Ready to ride weight is some thing that the supposedly unbiased snowmobile press provides us the manufactures will provide
what ever stat that is the most flattering.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK What sounds more appealing?

a 460 pound sled, or a 520 pound sled?

You have to remember that very few understand that they even base the sled's weight without shock oil to get their weights. The general public doesn't know this.

And to it being consistent, it isn't. One sled could have x amount of oil, gas, coolant capacities, the other have y amount, and the other z. These numbers could be a difference of 10 pounds or more.

If you don't understand what I am saying, you need to study more in marketing.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Do like everyone else does, ignore the high school drop out.. he is like a high school girl on a transit system looking for attention, believing that being annoying is the way.

Top Bottom