Vigilante Farmer

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my diesel is clear why do farmers need special purple fuel?
why don't their trucks and trailers need a CVIP inspection every year? why are they allowed to haul overdimensional equipment down our highways without pilot vehicles? why shouldn't they pay a fuel tax? because they are so hard done by, that's why....

but that's another thread.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why don't their trucks and trailers need a CVIP inspection every year? why are they allowed to haul overdimensional equipment down our highways without pilot vehicles? why shouldn't they pay a fuel tax? because they are so hard done by, that's why....

but that's another thread.

now yer talkin. and i'm with ya.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pickup with sleds in revelstoke constitutes farm business? i'm thinkin ya have a distance from farm requirement no?

I don't have a sled and have never been to revelstoke.

I'm not far off the mark to legally burn farm fuel. We have to keep fuel logs to justify our use.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Octane boost specially formulated for farmers, you have to be special to obtain it.

I hope you are kidding.

The dyed fuel is just subsidized fuel to help farmers our since the profit margins in out industry are quite low and we are a essential service. I don't agree we should get subsidized fuel but it's hard to compete without using it.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you are kidding.

The dyed fuel is just subsidized fuel to help farmers our since the profit margins in out industry are quite low and we are a essential service. I don't agree we should get subsidized fuel but it's hard to compete without using it.
oh please.....as I sit here in my living room watching the farmer across the highway combining his field in his half million dollar JD, $70K King Ranch parked at the entrance, and his wife dropping off his lunch in her 2011 Excursion....purple fuel must have made the difference there.

correction, upon further inspection, she is driving a Navigator. my bad....

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious how this topic went from a farmer who shoots some piece of scum ( Who took the risk and got what he deserved) ,to farmer bashing? And FYI, I am not a farmer.

Last edited:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh please.....as I sit here in my living room watching the farmer across the highway combining his field in his half million dollar JD, $70K King Ranch parked at the entrance, and his wife dropping off his lunch in her 2011 Excursion....purple fuel must have made the difference there.

If you have a problem with farmers and the benefits we get don't support us.

Like I said I don't agree with it but it's not easy to compete without it. It saves us thousands of dollars a day in the fall. Without it it would destroy our profit margins.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wasn't the original concept of "dyed" fuel for off-highway use. A farmer couldn't go to town in his car/truck to buy groceries on Saturday night (if he had F plates on the truck and had some farm business he was sort of okay). We would see the cops going up and down the street with their little syringe checking the tanks. It has gone from farmers, to loggers (skidders, cats, hoes, faller/bunchers, etc.) to fishermen, and anybody else that isn't using the highway system (even off-road recreational vehicles can use dyed fuel and I use it in my sled, quad, chainsaw, lawn mower.)

Teeroy, I agree, it appears those farmers have it made.....

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Just need to bump the rate up T :beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a problem with farmers and the benefits we get don't support us.

Like I said I don't agree with it but it's not easy to compete without it. It saves us thousands of dollars a day in the fall. Without it it would destroy our profit margins.
oh we support you all right, whether we like it or not.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Exactly. You couldnt survive without us.

You could just stop eating and protest that way.
most of your product goes overseas. I could plant grain instead of renting my land out and have enough flour for 20 years. I could easily survive without you, don't kid yourself

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Oh Tee, they're just trying to get their crop off quickly so they can spend the winter in Arizona.

I wouldn't want to do their job regardless of how many perks they get.

Last edited:

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish when i had a shitty year in the oilfield the government would give me a subsidy my profit margin is also very tight same with a truck driver ,drywaller or plumber.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how this went from some scumbag getting shot in the ass for stealing another mans quad to farmer bashing!!It could have easily have been an acrerage owner to any city guy out hunting!!!Also the rebate a farmer gets on his fuel is slightly over 10 cents a litre!Putting the crop in and taking it off costs me close to a $1000 a day!!!Maybe if the price of fuel wasn't through the roof farmers wouldn't need rebates!It just revs a guy up when people have no idea what the profit margins are for farmers!!I found the guys that seem to yap the most are unaware that most farmers have to borrow money every year just to operate!!Why doesn't anyone yap about the oilfield there is plenty of waste there!!We all need oil but a guy with barely a grade 12 education can make more money than registered nurse!!My wife is a RN for over ten years and my buddies in the oil field make more money than most people in healthcare or teachers for that matter!!But I guess farmers are the bad guys because we get a rebate on fuel even though almost everything on their yard is attached to the price of oil!!!Price of oil goes up and so does the price of fertilizer,equipment,repairs and everything else!!!Maybe sit down with a farmer and listen to what the expenses are and what you make at the end of the day!!!You look at the price of a steak in a store and think a farmer makes that much on the whole cow!!WRONG!!!You can buy 1000lb steer on his yard for under a grand!!Its funny how I started this thread to bring light to a guy protecting his property having less rights than some scum bag thieves to having to stick up for farmers!!If he wasn't a farmer I wonder if more people would side with him or the thieves!!!Cause farmers are apparently the real criminals here!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
defending yourself and your property is one thing backshootin even in the old days was chicken shheeet.
Bullchit... They even hung horse thieves...dead was dead back in them days. Didn't matter where the thief was shot. You definatley won't be asked to bring the plastic or the shovel for my execution style vigilante plan. LMFAO!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bullchit... They even hung horse thieves...dead was dead back in them days. Didn't matter where the thief was shot. You definatley won't be asked to bring the plastic or the shovel for my execution style vigilante plan. LMFAO!

no trick or treating at your house this year sounds like your waiting for a excuse or reason lol

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I wish when i had a shitty year in the oilfield the government would give me a subsidy my profit margin is also very tight same with a truck driver ,drywaller or plumber.
You and your oilfield job are expendable. They train your type everyday to do your job. You ain't getting no subsidy for Jack. How about farmers that put bread on your table? How many of them are coming over from newfoundland to jump in the combine.....use your head. PS I work in the patch and have for 25 years...I am expendable.

Top Bottom