Vigilante Farmer

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just read that the farmer who gave the bird shot in the butt of the quad thief got 90 days in jail!What a bunch of B.S!!!!The thieves only got less than a month combined because they were drunk and on drugs!!!Maybe the farmer should have said he was drunk and he would have got off!!!If these judges would hand out stiffer sentences these scum bags might not be so eager to go out and steal peoples stuff!!The judge also chewed out the guy saying vigilante justice will not be tolerated in anyway!!! I can only wish this judge would have her place broken into and her stuff stolen and see if she would feel so sorry for these pieces of crap that did it!!!I had a truck stolen from a shop in town when it was getting some work done and I had gotten it back after they took it out for a joy ride and it has never been the same truck since!!The one cop was pretty good about it when I told him if I would have caught the little a-holes that took it they would have regretted doing it but he said I would have been in way more trouble than them!!!!This story is a perfect example of that!!!!The cop told me how pissed he was for catching these little a-holes all the time and he says they just laugh at him as they walk out of court with another slap on the wrist!!!!!!So I guess we are supposed to just keep our stuff insured and put our claims in and feel sorry for the little thieving drug addicts that grow up to be older thieving drug addicts!!!Like our old premier Ralph Klein said' shoot,shovel,and shut-up'!!!But I guess we can't do that either!!!Why I bothered raising my kids to respect other people and their property and the difference between right and wrong is starting to be a mystery to me when you see a story like this that shows when some one screws you over you are just supposed to take it!!!Bring back the death penalty and maybe the jails would have more room,but that will never happen!!!!:realmad:

Chiebert

Reaction score
Wow. That sounds like a load of horse chit. It is amazing what one person gets away with and another ome gets prosicuted these days. Let's give people running purple fuel stiffer fines than theives!! If the theives were stealing the gov't's money it would be another story...

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shooting someone for stealing is a little over the top.... someone taking your property is wrong no doubt but if we start deciding to take the law in our own hands where does it stop???

Chiebert

Reaction score
It would be pretty tough to watch someone drive away with your quad though. I understand both sides but i believe he was more saying the law should be implementing stiffer penalties to deter theft.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He shot him in the ass, non lifethreatning. Plus, the thief was drunk and on drugs. How do we know he wasn't armed and ready to use it too? Even though he was shot...he still only got a slap on the hand sentence.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be pretty tough to watch someone drive away with your quad though. I understand both sides but i believe he was more saying the law should be implementing stiffer penalties to deter theft.

This is the truth, our laws do need an upgrade.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
shooting someone for stealing is a little over the top.... someone taking your property is wrong no doubt but if we start deciding to take the law in our own hands where does it stop???

it just might stop some of the would be thieves.....if the consequences were severe (whether shotgun or whatever) i'm sure word would get out and the thieves would be more selective.....

Chiebert

Reaction score
If next time the theives r in his house is he supposed to just call the cops and watch them take his furnitre / television/ furnace and maybe even the sink before they get there. By then they will be long gone. There will be no finger printing. Just a report done. And hopefully you have good insurance. Hopefully they are walking down the street with something big so they stick out!

jazzman

Reaction score
I would do the same thing. I was charged when I was 17 for defending my stereo in my pickup! Some dirt bag was stealing it and I caught him and delt with it and I got charged!:mad:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He shot him in the ass, non lifethreatning. Plus, the thief was drunk and on drugs. How do we know he wasn't armed and ready to use it too? Even though he was shot...he still only got a slap on the hand sentence.

How do you know it wasn't a couple teen agers doing something dumb???????? I've done lots of dumb stuff while on a bender.... really glad I didn't get shot. If it was self defence, then it's a different story. How long do you think a guy should get for stealing a quad? The jails are full of real criminals like rapists, murderers etc, why overpopulate the jails with small time thiefs.... they just come out with more bad ideas. Restitution would be a better solution in my mind, the farmer probably has some jobs the theives could do.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If next time the theives r in his house is he supposed to just call the cops and watch them take his furnitre / television/ furnace and maybe even the sink before they get there. By then they will be long gone. There will be no finger printing. Just a report done. And hopefully you have good insurance. Hopefully they are walking down the street with something big so they stick out!

That would be the smart thing to do..... why risk losing your life (going to jail or being killed)for materialistic stuff???? Like you said insurance will cover the stuff

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would do the same thing. I was charged when I was 17 for defending my stereo in my pickup! Some dirt bag was stealing it and I caught him and delt with it and I got charged!:mad:

now you probably have a criminal record right.... was the stereo worth being stuck in Canada for ever, lose opportunities for work....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.....I'm thinking if they knew they might get shot, they would re-think they're ways. And it would clean up the jails with less people in there too. Two birds one stone.

doubt it, if they were real criminals then they would be prepared.... vests and their own firearms

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now you probably have a criminal record right.... was the stereo worth being stuck in Canada for ever, lose opportunities for work....

You make it sound like being in Canada "forever" is a bad thing. And what opportunities do you lose for work? 75% of the politicians have criminal records for something. May not be shooting a guy in the ass.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It stops with the theives thinking twice before stepping on your property. Most theives probably carry their own protection when committing the crime. Why can't we???

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Living in Canada is the best place to be in my opinion but not being able to travel to other countries because of a criminal record for a beating a thief over a $500 stereo would be brutal.

75% of polititians have criminal records????? Come on dude, you can't just toss out numbers that have no proof or back up.

Top Bottom