The next trip on the old rail-line Rocky to Nordegg.

Riskinator

Reaction score
It IS a decent trail for an engine break in? Can I make it a few hours without having to redline it on climbs? Mud?

Thanks for the invite.

Where/when is the "official" starting arrangements?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9am at the Petro-Can resturant/gas bar June 6, your'e welcome to join in. The first few hrs or so that you would be on will be fine for break in and to find your way back will be as easy as following the trail, on that part of the trail i don't think you would make a wrong turn.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Oh ya the trail has straight stretches and some hills up and down ,,not alot of skag..a few stucks will be normal.It is not crazy redline chit.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone wants or needs to contact me in regards to this trip this coming week or the morning of June 6 for travel info etc. ,call me at 1-403-845-0435 (cell).
Also please try to be a little bit early for the meeting or at least on time as we will not wait around very long past 9am, we may wait 'till about9:10 - 9:15am, not much past that. If you are running late becuase of a breakdown etc. , call to let us know.
Thanks.

Riskinator

Reaction score
Sounds great.

I hope to have a GPS for the back trails by then. I used to have a handheld Garmin eTrex... can't find the darned thing now so I may need to make a trip down to the store and pick up another just in case.

Look forward to meeting you guys a week Saturday!

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
There will be 2 of us for sure.. Still waiting to hear back from another person... Getting pumped n can't wait

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cant park the trailor in town- county dont like it.

So I booked: a campsite at Shunda Creek Campground:beer::beer: we will spud it Friday evening, and meet you boys in the morning.:beer:

2 for sure coming - renegade, Brute
1 maybe coming - brand spanky arctic cat h1- hope he makes it to show him how its done,

** lady at the Campground said make sure your registration and all that is in place. Sounds like their out checking.

LAter:beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
sounds good . See ya Sat. morn.prob..before 9.00. Imean i will prob.be there before nine

Riskinator

Reaction score
I'll be there as well. I'll try to be a bit early. I'll be driving a red Tundra pulling a trailer with a red RZR. I'll only be going for a few hours with you guys due to my schedule and breaking in my machine.

We are meeting at the Petro Canada. I haven't been to Rocky for years... is there only one Petro Canada in town? Just want to make sure I won't be late.

Thanks!

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be there as well. I'll try to be a bit early. I'll be driving a red Tundra pulling a trailer with a red RZR. I'll only be going for a few hours with you guys due to my schedule and breaking in my machine.

We are meeting at the Petro Canada. I haven't been to Rocky for years... is there only one Petro Canada in town? Just want to make sure I won't be late.

Thanks!

Yep, if your coming into town from Red Deer, you will see the Co-op on the right side of the road, Petro-Can is next door to that.

des95yj

Reaction score
i will be coming all ready called and have room in nordeg i will be driving a 2009 arctic cat prowler xtx 700 efi sxs
will have some extra room to help haul some extra fuel for some one
Thanks desmond

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I have heard that the weather isn't supposed to be the greatest but it will be ok i hope

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
We need rain real bad,,,, very dry in the west country and dangerous for riders,,,,, having more roll overs on tours due to too much tire griping on dry ground, hang on tight on erosions!!!!! But Friday and Sat. we may get rain???? That is good for me!!!

des95yj

Reaction score
well the wife cant make it so i have a spare seat in the sxs so if you know of some one that wants to come and dont have a bike let me know and they can come with me
thanks desmond

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just checked the weather for both Rocky & Nordegg, looks like rain showers for friday, but Saturday & Sunday look good mostly sunny and a few clouds.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
Cant park the trailor in town- county dont like it.

So I booked: a campsite at Shunda Creek Campground:beer::beer: we will spud it Friday evening, and meet you boys in the morning.:beer:

LAter:beer:

Was there lots of room in the campground? We realized two days ago that we can't leave our dogs at home for the weekend alone. So it appears we will pull the trailer out Friday night as well.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
9am at the Petro-Can resturant/gas bar June 6,

I will be leaving Sat morning from Nordegg. I think I will meet you on the gravel road right off hwy 11 going into Horburg. This will prevent a bunch of back tracking. Can you PM me your cell phone number so I can be in touch with you Sat AM?
Thanks,
Chad...

Last edited by a moderator:

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there lots of room in the campground? We realized two days ago that we can't leave our dogs at home for the weekend alone. So it appears we will pull the trailer out Friday night as well.

Sounded like she still had room, theres no power at these grounds if you didnt know,

BRING ON THE MUD

Top Bottom