The next trip on the old rail-line Rocky to Nordegg.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
Judging from the last trip I would say a side by side would do just fine. The trail is plenty wide up until Saunders (don't know the trail past there tho). Sporty bikes would do just fine as well.

Is the plan to stay at the hotel / cabin or tent it?
Is the ride open to families (wife just got a new grizz last week)?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judging from the last trip I would say a side by side would do just fine. The trail is plenty wide up until Saunders (don't know the trail past there tho). Sporty bikes would do just fine as well.

Is the plan to stay at the hotel / cabin or tent it?
Is the ride open to families (wife just got a new grizz last week)?

Yes side by sides will do fine all the way, sport quads will also make it, some areas will be challanging there are some spots that are very soft (muskeg) and some steeper hills etc. Families are all ok but drivers should have experince for the tough spots etc. without proper driver input in SOME spots there could be a wreck.(as always we will help everyone to get through).
I'm not trying to scare anyone away, just want everyone to be aware of what could happen, with any amount of riding under your belt you will find it reasonably easy.
Myself i will be staying at the hotel, but i think some are planning on tents and or trailers as well. If you need to call the hotel for rooms it is " The Nordegg Resort Lodge" the number is 1-780-721-3757, sorry no toll free for them that i know .

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
So do we have a tally yet ?How many people are coming?Toll Free number1-800-408-3294or1-403-721-3757

FyreRyder

Reaction score
I will be there. Bringing my wife with her new grizz. (kids too)

That will be two quads.

Hadster,
Do you know any of the people in the Horburg residential area? It would be nice if they would let us stage from their property and look after the trucks for the night for a small fee. I don't like leaving my truck overnight on a well site without anyone there.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, it will be close to nordegg any suggestions:beer:

There is a small campground just this side of Nordegg called Beaverdam campsite that may work. I think if it was me i'd just set it up at the hotel in the west parking lot lots of room there, i don't know but doubt they would charge anything to park it there.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be there. Bringing my wife with her new grizz. (kids too)

That will be two quads.

Hadster,
Do you know any of the people in the Horburg residential area? It would be nice if they would let us stage from their property and look after the trucks for the night for a small fee. I don't like leaving my truck overnight on a well site without anyone there.

I'm working on something like that right now, i hope to know in the next few days. I also don't like leaving my truck overnight in the middle of nowhere.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i went through all the postings and so far it looks like approx. 15 or so people would like to come on the ride, we don't know for sure as only a few have confirmed so far, but we still have about 2 weeks yet.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when is every one going ??? I was just talking with my buddy today and I think we are heading out Friday for Saunder's. With how bad the weather was on holiday Monday we are just itchin to go quadin in some nice weather. ( Yes, I know, I'am a wimp) :p:p Any one else headin out there this weekend ?? And is my stuff ( truck and trailer) going to safe there while I go quadin ?? I will lock stuff up but how safe is it out there ?? Let me Know !

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when is every one going ??? I was just talking with my buddy today and I think we are heading out Friday for Saunder's. With how bad the weather was on holiday Monday we are just itchin to go quadin in some nice weather. ( Yes, I know, I'am a wimp) :p:p Any one else headin out there this weekend ?? And is my stuff ( truck and trailer) going to safe there while I go quadin ?? I will lock stuff up but how safe is it out there ?? Let me Know !

This trip is for the weekend of June 6 & 7 ,
I'm not sure if i'll be out this weekend or not, it is a possibility. So far my stuff and other friends stuff has always been safe out west (locked of course) for day rides.
I have never tried leaving the truck overnight without anyone around and not sure that i'd want to (you never know what may happen).
Hope this helps.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I CAN'T wait !!! Ridin in the west country ROCKS !!! I too have to work June 6 and 7 (dam shift work) but thought it might good 2 go for this weekend with the good weather and all !! ( I probally just jinx it) My buddy is having some personal issues so we thought I good ride at Saunder's might be the tonic he needs. It's all new country for me there so hopefully I can find some decent riding around there. Is there riding across the hiway too ??? Or should a guy stay down by the river and find trails ??

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't be making the ride fella's. That weekend is now booked. Have a safe trip. :beer: :beer:

That sucks I was hoping to ride with you and Catmandoo again. Me and a buddy are planning on coming but I think we are are going to have the wife pick us up in Nordegg in the evening with the truck and trailer. I have stuff to do on sunday but I'll get to ride out anyway.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringin' that thar sporty quad again Danno? I'll bring my rope and drag ya shiny side down the last few miles again! hahahahaha

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
what time on the 6th would it start? Might jus head to rocky for the night on that friday and meet up if its going to be a early start. Also where are you planning on meeting? should be able to give a final answer by middle of next week at the latest

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bringin' that thar sporty quad again Danno? I'll bring my rope and drag ya shiny side down the last few miles again! hahahahaha

I think I'll ride the Renegade that day, I'll give you a break from hauling me back, plus I don't think the old KFX would survive another ride behind yours again:d:eek: I still think about that day occasionaly and if it wasn't for you I think I'd still be out there, lol!
I should probably be quiet about giving you a break from towing me, with my luck the Renny will give up the ghost that day, lol................................ya right!:rollinglaugh:

CThiessen

Reaction score
I am new to this and I would like to try it and I have got a couple buddies that might be in. Just need to know the dates you want to do this.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I am guessing meeting at 9 am at the petro can in Rocky on June 6th but will make a decision for sure a little closer to date

Top Bottom