The next trip on the old rail-line Rocky to Nordegg.

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
There is a gas station in nordegg,,,,, as far as cabins,,,,, there is Collosium,,, real nice,,,,,,,, Chechanko, nice,,,,,,,, not too sure on prices? Also,,,,,,, a ride in a vehicle a day or 2 ahead there could be a secret gas cache made,,,, save on hauling it on quads, lots of road xings. Just some thoughts,,,,,, I may be in if the timing is right.

FyreRyder

Reaction score
All over it like a fat kid on a smartie...

6/7 sounds good so far. (should check with the boss though)

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
if the plan is to stay the night in Nordegg, how is it for parking the machines? Have to worry bout someone picking them up and running off with them? I know its a small little place but jus wondering as someone had asked me the question. I didnt think much of it cause if they really want to get them they will. But if anyone has done it before would be good to hear so i can pass it on and maybe have some more people come.
Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if the plan is to stay the night in Nordegg, how is it for parking the machines? Have to worry bout someone picking them up and running off with them? I know its a small little place but jus wondering as someone had asked me the question. I didnt think much of it cause if they really want to get them they will. But if anyone has done it before would be good to hear so i can pass it on and maybe have some more people come.
Thanks

Cable Locks.............Although if they want them they will get them,Wouldnt it be fun if 10 guys caught them...............in little town of Nordegg.
catmando!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone should be packing a 30-30 anyway..there are bears there and if yer camping in the bush.......you know....:eek::PDT_gun::hunter2::biglaugh:

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
someone should be packing a 30-30 anyway..there are bears there and if yer camping in the bush.......you know....:eek::PDT_gun::hunter2::biglaugh:

If I can make it I'll definitely be roughing it for the night with a little something for the bears should they present themselves being a problem. A warm sleeping bag, small tarp to keep the dew off and a 40 pounder of Rock n' Roll. Thats my kinnda overnighter. :d :beer: :beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cable Locks.............Although if they want them they will get them,Wouldnt it be fun if 10 guys caught them...............in little town of Nordegg.
catmando!

Yes we used cable locks and or chains and paddle locks the last times we went, we even had a really long steel cable to tie most of the quads all together and to a tree etc. You can normally park the quad right in front of your room and lock it up to the car plug in post! All these things have worked well in the past.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Hadster,,,,,,,, County called today and told me the new draft is done and to look at it at I didn't really see anything new, or is a fact and not just a wish?? what do you know?

There most recent draft is still not a final, more of just a wish list. It shows the route that they would like to go (bypassing Horburg private prop. and heading north near Chambers creek then east again to the Prentice creek area, then maybe somewhere close to Crimson lake etc.). They have said so far that may be the best way to get as close to Rocky as possible getting around private property and muskeg areas. The draft also shows all the proposed staging areas with washrooms and lighting & proposed remote campsights etc. etc.
They still have no idea of cost , and a timeline for start date MAY be in 2 or 3 yrs, so nothing is for sure at the moment.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im out,cant get days off!
Have a great ride!
catmando!

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
would a side by side - Rhino have problems on this trail? How bout sport quads? know of a few others that might go but was not sure about the trail and if they would have problems.

Top Bottom