Spring / Summer 2012 Railline ride to Nordegg

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard over the last few weeks that there is interest from many in doing another railline ride to Nordegg. So to start things off it will be 1 day there (probably a Sat.) stay overnight at the motel and 1 day back. I CANNOT do anything until mid May as i will be on a remote fishing trip in B.C. I'm sure May long would not ever work out for this as most have plans already, so lets plan for June sometime. Some dates that have already been suggested are June 2 & 3 or June 23 & 24, either one would work for me, hopefully one of those will work for most (if not we could think of another weekend as well).
For those that have not done this ride it is normally between 7 & 11 hrs each way (normally more on the way there) some easy cruising and some bad (or good) muskeg and a few steep hills, so u will need at least some experience and a little extra gas.
Some of the nice bridges on the north side of hwy 11 were moved last year so i'm not sure if it will be possible to do that part or not (between Harlech campground & Shunda creek), SRD has no idea who may have moved them or why.
Post if you would like to join in on the ride & your ideas.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'll keep watching this thread Hadley,sounds like fun.
When snowmobile season is over I will be even more interested.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would probably be in,but thinking of starting at Saunders..(camping there and meeting you guys on the way through)..I love the ride,but i find with 35 riders, is to much and it is to long of a haul to get to nordegg and have dinner..Just my thoughts, I would do the north side and take my time..So just tossing this out there,,And ya either dates work for me..Depending on my hand surgery dates...might be out all together if that the case ,,&^%! sakes

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would probably be in,but thinking of starting at Saunders..(camping there and meeting you guys on the way through)..I love the ride,but i find with 35 riders, is to much and it is to long of a haul to get to nordegg and have dinner..Just my thoughts, I would do the north side and take my time..So just tossing this out there,,And ya either dates work for me..Depending on my hand surgery dates...might be out all together if that the case ,,&^%! sakes

What a sissy. With bad bad hands now too eh.

:D:D:D

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be in again too. Depending on what time and what happens ...

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard over the last few weeks that there is interest from many in doing another railline ride to Nordegg. So to start things off it will be 1 day there (probably a Sat.) stay overnight at the motel and 1 day back. I CANNOT do anything until mid May as i will be on a remote fishing trip in B.C. I'm sure May long would not ever work out for this as most have plans already, so lets plan for June sometime. Some dates that have already been suggested are June 2 & 3 or June 23 & 24, either one would work for me, hopefully one of those will work for most (if not we could think of another weekend as well).
For those that have not done this ride it is normally between 7 & 11 hrs each way (normally more on the way there) some easy cruising and some bad (or good) muskeg and a few steep hills, so u will need at least some experience and a little extra gas.
Some of the nice bridges on the north side of hwy 11 were moved last year so i'm not sure if it will be possible to do that part or not (between Harlech campground & Shunda creek), SRD has no idea who may have moved them or why.
Post if you would like to join in on the ride & your ideas.
I would be in for the 2 & 3rd of June.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well. It's from Horberg to nordegg and back.

Not from where ever to Nordegg and back.

To me from Horberg west the saw mill ways is the cats meow. Biggest badest deep holes- mud ride anywhere.

Plus the two big hills puckers my azzfinkter everytime.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya June 2 - 3 is ok too

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well crappy. I work every weekend or part of every weekend in June.
Maybe someone would do a weekday trip sometime. :confused: Have almost all weekdays in June off.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will try get a shift trade.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well hadster should set a max # of peeps.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that eliminates one for sure, although it may be up on blocks by that time. just an observation. hehe

why don't ya put on yer own ride for the others tex. you start at on end and hadster the other, would halve up the riders, stop half way for lunch etc. you know the trail.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that eliminates one for sure, although it may be up on blocks by that time. just an observation. hehe

why don't ya put on yer own ride for the others tex. you start at on end and hadster the other, would halve up the riders, stop half way for lunch etc. you know the trail.

Bahhh

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this, LOL....was a great ride last year saw some familiar faces and met some good people...BUT so far only have the last weekend of May free, then I am booked up til mid to the end of june as far as weekends go. Possibly able to escape for 2 days during the week...:cool:

Last years ride was HUGE to say the least, no offense to anyone, but if it's possible to better organize into 2 or 3 different groups, probably help alot. Just my 2 cents though :beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya well I guess i could take a group and hadster one.

But kind of defeats the purpose.

It's from Horberg to nordegg.

Don't think the one way and other ways going to work.

It's still the idea to ride to nordegg and stay at a hotel then ride back the next.

Otherwise u would have to camp at Saunders and ride to Horberg and back one day and then ride to Nordeg and back the next.

Not my idea of fun

Top Bottom