whats the best Wheels under skies

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have had every kind of those shop dolleys.all come off barely moving sleds..like some to leave under sled to ride on to lift in garage ,carbides dig in the metal and pushed the lift? and ideas besides removing carbides? do these kind work? look like will come off easy.

Attachments

• snowmobile ski wheels.jpg
    snowmobile ski wheels.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 98

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those ones are “just ok”. They need a cross bar welded to them to stop them spreading where they touch the ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anything better out there? what about these,,anyone use them?

Attachments

• snowmobile ski dolleys.jpg
    snowmobile ski dolleys.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a set from
C tire 150 bucks hooks around the loop of ski similar to first pick works extremely well in fwd or reverse money well spent

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out SK Wheelz on facebook. Guy makes and sells them as a side gig. They are a little pricier but they are super heavy duty and use a dolly wheel instead of a crappy little plastic wheel. I use them to drive from the street up my driveway and into the garage. I have a 3" lip from my driveway into my garage and they have no problem climbing up the lip and not sliding out of place.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of max dollys (I think they’re called) from Royal distributing. Iirc 90$ on sale, as posted above they do have a cross bar. Seem to work decent

Edit:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those in the first post are good if you only go straight forward but turning spreads the wheels apart and they fall off. To make them work I shortened a ratchet strap, the type with the "90 degree, side-by side," hooks at each end. I put the strap over the back of the ski and down to each metal bracket. tightening the ratchet pulls the rear brackets together and tight to the ski. Most gravel driveways are not a problem with the straps on.

1667926834580.png

The thing you should ask yourself is "Do I need to slide my sled sideways and need casters OR do I want to steer my sled around under power.

This should help you decide what type of wheels you need.

Top Bottom