Soooo, spring Rocky Rail Line - Horberg to Nordegg trip - anyone?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this ride for a couple years now but it hasn't lined up with my schedule yet. June 14th looks like it will though. Got room for 1 more? lol

The more the merrier Rabdo. Our only limitation is the amount of room at the Nordegg Hotel. Go get yourself a room.

quadon

Reaction score
It was a great weekend, the trail was in good shape, the muskeg was doable and made it in time for burgers and suds at the end of the day in Nordegg. Thanks a ton to Hadley for coming out and making the ride interesting, enjoyable and stress free as we did not have to try and stay on the right track by GPS. Enjoy yourselves on your June 14 ride!

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but i have to back out....
My shoulder and my quad just don't see eye to eye anymore...
It is why I put my new canam up for sale....

Ride safe and have fun ....!!

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys but inane to back out....
My shoulder and my quad just don't see eye to eye anymore...
It is why I put my new canam up for sale....

Ride safe and have fun ....!!
That's too bad man. You gonna get yourself a SxS?

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a large area that has been freshly logged on the ride, it's a bit of a surprise when you come up on it, debris all over etc.
From Baker road or as i call it (Jackfish lake road south) it is west of that a ways through the big ravine & creek, up a little past there. You will come out into it coming out onto a new road, from there it seems to be best to follow that new logging road to the west / northwest until you get to the other road that goes from the hwy into the oil lease with the big dug out and all the groundwater test holes. From there it's either out toward the hwy, or southwest to the swampy / muskeg route.
I hope you guy's understand these directions, but i"m sure you'll be able to figure it out, as i may not be coming on this one.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Hadster, I think your directions make sense. ...have the GPS tracks from previous years too just in case we lose our bearings in that area. Come to think of it, I think we came across this logged out area last year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Hadster, I think your directions make sense. ...have the GPS tracks from previous years too just in case we lose our bearings in that area. Come to think of it, I think we came across this logged out area last year.

The one ur thinking of is between misty and Saunders

Where mark tried to roll his quad on the stump???

Going by what Hadster said, he's talking a bit before misty, as that big water hole is way before the misty skeg, and that nasty creek that that guy went into last year lol

Ah sh!t, u guys are screwed with out me :-D

sent while I should be drinking tea's

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Going by what Hadster said, he's talking a bit before misty, as that big water hole is way before the misty skeg, and that nasty creek that that guy went into last year lol

pfff whatever hippie...

too far south hit river to far north hit hiway... point her west and pin dat bitcch

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U two smokin the ganja again

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U twi smokin the ganja again

Huh, don't understand gibberish

U know dam well who the real hippie is

Sh!t Larry I seen ur hair cut from may long, u would even pass for one here

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes this time Tex is correct, the spot i was referencing to is before you get to Misty Valley (east of it)

Top Bottom