the new can am maverick

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you go read all the things that can-am have done to this machine along with all the techincal data and study it a bit... it seems to me that can-am has just raised the level, not a bit but tons...

i mean dont go out there and buy one just cause....
the rzr is still one of the best out there for a sxs... see how i say one of the best...
can-am has raised the level so everyone has to chase them again.. thats just the nature of the beast......
we will see how they do in pro and ameture racing over the next while...

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope it doesn't handle like a
Commander. They have the HP down...but everything else pretty much sucks. IMHO you could say a
Commander is like a 1 ton power stroke and a XP is like a ford raptor. Sure the stroke has way more power....which one is faster in the dirt? Which one is funner to drive?

The Maverick definatly has potential! I sure hope it turns out to be amazing! Just makes life better for us consumers.
Again, if it drives anything like the commander, then it is headed in the wrong direction

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure hope it doesn't handle like a
Commander. They have the HP down...but everything else pretty much sucks. IMHO you could say a
Commander is like a 1 ton power stroke and a XP is like a ford raptor. Sure the stroke has way more power....which one is faster in the dirt? Which one is funner to drive?

The Maverick definatly has potential! I sure hope it turns out to be amazing! Just makes life better for us consumers.
Again, if it drives anything like the commander, then it is headed in the wrong direction

I don't think the commander was ever designed to be a true sport sxs. Your comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
It will have to be amazing to beat the XP........ I am glad its lighter, it will make it easier for me to tow it home. JK.:d I have a 975 big bore in my Poo and it does rip. It was also awesome when it was stock. Having said that..... I am glad BRP is building a "sport" orientated SXS, because the Commander isn't in the same category as the XP. It will make for good times smack talking each other, in fun, out on the trail. I hope it is awesome, everytime the bar gets raised, we as consumers get new fun stuff to wreck. I Can't wait to see one in action.

mobgma

Reaction score
Still need to know:

curb weight vs dry weight comparison.
factory and aftermarket accessories
HP and TQ numbers/ Power Curves!
Gas mileage and size of fuel tanks.
Storage capacity looks on par with poo or better

The first remodel and redesigns of anything in any industry tend to have more kinks so I am a bit leary for those jumping ship.

Was able to find the following in no particular order:

http://www.canamatv.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Maverick_Spec_Sheet.pdf

101-hp Rotax 1000R V-Twin engine (maybe some of you have an idea of the torque the 1000 Vtwin puts out.)
Over 70 accessories so far with lots of aftermarket potential. All the standard protection accessories. Nothing included it seems.
Glove box: 4.5 gal (17.2 L) Under driver seat: 3.5 gal (13.1 L)Center console: 0.3 gal (1.3 L)
MSRPMAVERICK 1000R - $15,999 USD MAVERICK MAX 1000R X rs - $17,499 USD

Engine Choice1000R
Type976 cc, V-twin, liquid-cooled, SOHC, 8-valve (4-valve/cyl)
Bore & Stroke91 x 75 mm
Fuel SystemiTCTM with EFI and 54 mm Throttle Body, 2 Siemens† VDO injectors
Starting SystemElectric
TransmissionCVT, sub-transmission with high, low, park, neutral & reverse. Standard engine braking
Drive TrainSelectable 2WD / 4WD shaft driven withVisco-Lok∞ auto-locking front differential

Dimensions
L x W x H (in.)118.8 x 64 x 74.2 in.
L x W x H (mm)3,017 x 1,626 x 1,885 mm
Wheelbase84.3 in. (2,141 mm)
GroundClearance13 in. (330 mm)
Rear RackCapacity200 lb (91 kg) with LinQTMquick-attach system
Cockpit StorageGlove box: 4.5 gal (17.2 L) Under driver seat: 3.5 gal (13.1 L)Center console: 0.3 gal (1.3 L)
Fuel Capacity10 gal (37.8 L)

Chassis
FrameSteel
Cage Type2-in. (51 mm) diameter, high-strength steel, ROPS-approved
Steering WheelAdjustmentAdjustable tilt steering
Front Suspension TypeDouble A-arm
Front Shocks TypeFOX† PODIUM† X Performance 2.0 HPG piggyback shocks withcompression and preload adjustments
Front Suspension Travel14 in. (356 mm)
Rear Suspension TypeTorsional Trailing A-arms (TTA) independent rear suspension with sway bar
Rear Shocks TypeFOX PODIUM X Performance 2.0 HPG piggyback shocks with compressionand preload adjustments
Rear Suspension Travel14 in. (356 mm)
Front BrakeDual 214 mm ventilated disc brakes withhydraulic twin-piston (27 mm) calipers
Rear BrakeDual 214 mm ventilated disc brakes withhydraulic single-piston (32 mm) caliper
Tires / FrontMaxxis Bighorn 2.0 27 x 9 x 12 in. (686 x 229 x 305 mm)
Tires / RearMaxxis Bighorn 2.0 27 x 11 x 12 in. (686 x 279 x 305 mm)
WheelsCast-aluminum

Dry Weight1,295 lb (588 kg)

Features
InstrumentationMultifunction gauge: Speedometer,tachometer, odometer, trip andhour meters, fuel, gear position,sport mode, seat belt and 4x4 indicator, diagnostics,clock, auto shut off
Anti-theftSystemDigitally Encoded Security System(D.E.S.S.TM)
ElectricalPrewired for winch
Lighting4 60-W projectors withtail lights / brake light

Warranty
Factory6 months limited warranty
ExtendedB.E.S.T. available from 6 to 30 months

Reactions: jbb

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it come with power steering??

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fixed it for ya

Baaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It better have a beer holder.:beer:

I am still waiting for someone who has one to come out for a day trip.:d

Poo Poo won't need a tow..

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It better have a beer holder.:beer:

I am still waiting for someone who has one to come out for a day trip.:d

Poo Poo won't need a tow..
Nobody has one. They were released last week....I think you'll have to wait about 6 months to get spanked.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has one. They were released last week....I think you'll have to wait about 6 months to get spanked.

That won't happen spanked..........6 months wow problems with them already???????????????

You order yours????

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as bad of price as i was expecting. I expected it to break the 100hp and $20,000 barriers
That is US dollars.............So with canam`s (exchange $) rate it will be over 20000...lol . Last year there pdi (etc) was 1500 $ on a commander. The power steering xp900`s are over 20 k, so this won`t be no 17k...............for sure........

Top Bottom