the new can am maverick

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Tex actually called Larry "sugar plumb" that night too. I was glad to be in the woods with the spiders. He was powerless without his banjo, though.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Tex actually called Larry "sugar plumb" that night too. I was glad to be in the woods with the spiders. He was powerless without his banjo, though.

I have been scared ever since that night.

Usually drink to forget.

Now the banjo surfaced.....

Larry is in sugar land lost.

Daveb has to work.

Tex well we are not sure he is running around in a pink coat and chest waders yelling.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If a drunken hillbilly is chasing you why would you run into the woods? You're just begging for Jeff to say "You got a real pretty mouth"

No matter what.

I don't fly Ur or that way.

Can't speek for the others tho

sent from my htc

mobgma

Reaction score
The Canadian MSRP will likely be much higher probably surpassing the Poo RZRs 900. Just a guess.

I don't think there is anything stopping anyone from crossing the border with a trailer to go down to Montana and area and buy one. Losing a 6 Month Warranty is nothing to be concerned about is it? I am however a true believe of supporting local shops and businesses but if the price difference is too high I think alot of people will be doing buying from across the border. I know lots of guys that do it when they buy there sleds to save $2000-$3000 (savings after all expenses that is).

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rest of can-ams line up is in line with the competition, the maverick will be no different. Prices will be similar to rzr xp and wildcat.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oweee my bum!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

vas.jpg

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's only $2,500.00 more than the XP. It better be worth it.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually it's the same price as a 900xp, and priced the same as a wildcat both base and higher end models are equal at there respective local dealers. All with $1-200

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
I decided on purchasing a XP900 next spring before I knew about the maverick, now that I know about the maverick doesn't make any difference on my decision to buy a 900, simply put, polaris has spent 6 years prefecting the RZR. The biggest mistake I have every made was selling my XP850, the second biggest mistake I've ever made was buying a outlander, and from what I've seen about this maverick, doesn't excite me at all, especially with it being the first model year. I'm sure they will sell a ton of them, and I'm sure we'll hear all about the bugs they'll have, and everyone will still say, "well thats ok, because its still a can am", mean while these same people pissed all over Cat right from day one.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a can am guy, love them, bleed them, yet I believe they may have missed the mark on what I want. I agree a 900 xp is at the top of the list on what I'd prefer to spend that much money on in the spring

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the commander was ever designed to be a true sport sxs. Your comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

So then why was Can-Am always comparing their awesome new Commander to both the Rzr 800 and the XP in all their promo videos? Seems like they believe it is apples/apples! Although it just makes them look silly!
If they were never ment to compete with the sport machines, then why wasn't BRP doing comparisons with the Ranger and Rhino?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So then why was Can-Am always comparing their awesome new Commander to both the Rzr 800 and the XP in all their promo videos? Seems like they believe it is apples/apples! Although it just makes them look silly!
If they were never ment to compete with the sport machines, then why wasn't BRP doing comparisons with the Ranger and Rhino?
Because they'd have to pull a plug wire off to compete with a Ranger or Rhino.

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they'd have to pull a plug wire off to compete with a Ranger or Rhino.

That's true! I was just stating that BRP believes they can be compared to a Rzr-S or an Xp..look at their promo videos..maxwell believes it is apples/oranges.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's true! I was just stating that BRP believes they can be compared to a Rzr-S or an Xp..look at their promo videos..maxwell believes it is apples/oranges.
I agree...it was their mistake. But they really had no choice as there was no 1000cc or 800cc sporty-ish utility SxS to compare. If they would have compared it to the Ranger or Rhino, people would have laughed and said, "well what do you expect? They have 88hp!"

Now they have the fastest/most powerful utility SxS...and we will see how they do in the sport category when guys get some miles on them.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...it was their mistake. But they really had no choice as there was no 1000cc or 800cc sporty-ish utility SxS to compare. If they would have compared it to the Ranger or Rhino, people would have laughed and said, "well what do you expect? They have 88hp!"

Now they have the fastest/most powerful utility SxS...and we will see how they do in the sport category when guys get some miles on them.

The commander is competing against the Rzr and Rzr-S. Thinking any of those are utility models is silly. They have enough box space for a good cooler, but not enough to be useful for much else.

Top Bottom