the new can am maverick

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anytime someone with a maverick wants to go out I am ready.

Am waiting!!!!!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might not be so cocky when they are actually available for sale. LOL.

I am not worried at all. I want to go riding with one.

If its better that's ok with me.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not worried at all. I want to go riding with one.

If its better that's ok with me.
From reading the specs, I suspect the only difference will be the color. Have to wait until sleddin season is done now.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading the specs, I suspect the only difference will be the color. Have to wait until sleddin season is done now.

Then you get yours???

Highmarker03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By looking at the specs...I still don't believe it has anything on the XP. Sure it will probably win a drag race. That's it. Rock crawling, high speed trails, jumping, my prediction is the XP will still dominate. Their 4 wheel drive is still seriously lacking compared to ANY other brand.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How come?
The standard Viscolock front end is great in mud, dirt and sand, but sucks for rock crawling because it has to slip before it locks up. The QE Visco locks nearly instantly, but is available only in powersteering equipt machines right now....which isn't available for the 1st year Maverick. Gotta have something to add for year 2 eh.

I wouldn't call their 4 wheel drive system "seriously lacking" by any stretch. In fact, for mud and loose conditions it is far superior.

2013 Can-Am Maverick 1000R & 1000R X rs SxS Test Drive Review - First Look at Can-Am's All-New 2013 Can-Am Maverick Sport Performance SxS / UTV

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By looking at the specs...I still don't believe it has anything on the XP. Sure it will probably win a drag race. That's it. Rock crawling, high speed trails, jumping, my prediction is the XP will still dominate. Their 4 wheel drive is still seriously lacking compared to ANY other brand.
rock crawling is the only time the visco will not be as good as the full locker. the new QE diff engages within a quarter turn of the wheel. the suspension is far superior in design compared to the XP.

big_bubba_b

Reaction score
they should put the best machines on the market and let deffrent people with deffrent level of experiance try them .. then have a review done .. best machine for begginer . intermediate and expert

big_bubba_b

Reaction score
to many idiots think there hot shot riders rip up the terrin and reck it for the others or crash and die . . and just out of curiosity how does the arctic-cat compaire to the maverick and xp razer

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rock crawling is the only time the visco will not be as good as the full locker. the new QE diff engages within a quarter turn of the wheel. the suspension is far superior in design compared to the XP.

the maverick does not have a qe differential or powersteering. The stock visco can be trying in tehnical terrain.

scoobienorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like Dave said, wait year and it will have both.

As a can am fan I'm seriously disappointed they didn't put a qe or powersteering into the maverick. Seems seriously half assed attempt at making a premium product. They have the technogy already developed and to not utalize it is stupid. Wait a year for them to upgrade. Then next year wait to what's next. Too each their own. Ill be buying something in the spring. Prob not a can am which is hard for me to say

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found this on the rzr forum, I need one......

Attachments

• canamgrill16.jpg
    canamgrill16.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 151
Top Bottom