the new can am maverick

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I want to know, is how and where they found the power out of that 1000 so I can follow suit on my outlander lol. Looks impressive, I think brp got tired of people comparing the sporty rzr to a utility commander..
lol... they have a different head design and ecu is programmed different.. you will never get the same results as the factory did cause you cant change the ecu.. soo aftermarket would be the way to go but you cant compare yet cause hp is engine hp so rear wheel hp is not known yet on the mavrick to say what the engine power would be.. the normal 1000 in the quads are getting an average of 63 rwhp out of a 88 hp motor and with mods they are up too 80 - 85 rwhp now.. so thats what in engine hp then?? we have to know the rwhp of the mavrick to be very close to see if 80/85 rwhp = 101 engine horse..

now that said the commander held its own in Gncc racing and won more events then the rzr did... the wider rzr's like the xp and 900 are more suited for dessert and course racing and quadding.. this is the worx leaque and there the rzr's are dominating against the commanders... so modded commanders are up there with there counterparts like the rzr in certain area's only....
with the maverick can-am is wanting to fill the void where they are not winning... now with rzr's so called new release here this month, maybe they have something else in the pot again..
if your going to buy i would certainly do my homework and see what you get with what type of money and what you have to look at besides power is the handling and cornering aspect of the machines.
there is also the comfort thing and how well is each made.. lots to consider, considering a new mavrick will set you back about 21 and a half thousand dollars with gst and thats no add ons but that is the Xrs model too, which is the top dog.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i had a look and it is released already in Glamis.. it is the jagged X then.. well i thought it would be something totally differnet.. well this changes the game now and the mavrick might just look really good right now that nothing really major was released in Glamis..

personally, i am not into the sxs's alot.. more so the quad side of it but i will delve into it a little more to see what is the best bet for your money here.. i base my evaluations strictly on the performance factor.. power, suspension, geometry and handling.... weight is not that really important cause a few hundred pounds does not really matter when it comes to racin.. you can make the heavier machine run circles around a lighter machine if needed.. just need to know how...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i seen the mavrick in person today.. i tell ya, in person its a whole different machine.. its awesome as far as i am concerned.. what a nice machine.. just that its wide..
oh and i lied when i said just ecu and head design on the new maverick.. there is also a different intake and cam profile design too...

doo76

Reaction score
I’m not sure what brochure you've read, but the Maverick is just over 100 lbs. heavier and is the exact same width at 64". I don't know about you but I don't need to be shoulder to shoulder with my buddy all day. Plus a rear mounted engine is definitely not superior over a mid-mount.

A mid-engine placement gives the vehicle a low 'moment of inertia'. This means when cornering it is easier to turn the vehicle to a new direction, thus increasing the maneuverability and stability. In addition, less rotational momentum is generated, which can lead to over-steer.

A rear engines heavy end generates much more momentum than the light front end and is more difficult to slow down and change direction. Rear engine vehicles can be prone to over steer when lifting off the throttle or braking during a corner. Even when braking with locked wheels in a straight line you can find the back of the vehicle has a tendency to come round. Rear engine vehicles must be treated with respect - when over steer is invoked it can be very difficult to control.

In conclusion I'm getting a SSV that is more comfortable, easier to control and has more power... yeah I think you get my point.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well had a chance to look over the Maverick at the show and chat with T-team.......Very Nice !!! Like it a lot beter than the commander for sure.
Things i liked;
*Typical Canam quality fit & finnish........
*Lots of GC stock,with reasonable axle angles due to the extra width/longer axles.....
*No need for engine mods lol 101 HP.....
*Well protected rear suspension/axle area.........
*super beefy a arms, shocks ,pivot points, etc (except rear control arms)
*stout roll cage....
*Quad rack rear bed should not fill up with mud....
* Nice duel pipes mounted alot higher than the goofy comander setup....
*Huge wheelwells.....30`s + no problem,no rubbing.....

What would i change...........
*This thing should have power steering at 20k+++
*Crappy old style visco lock......
*Have not driven one BUT,i hope the ITI fly by wire is tuned "better" than the commander.....
*Rear control arms are weak and bendable.....
*Well not a bad thing ,if you bend the rear suspension on this thing,you are not fixin it with a hammer.....lol It is high tech !!!
*Not the easiest beast to work on on the trail...... ,i though the forward vision was very poor ,due to the cowls and hood shape.....
*The duel pipes are a work of art and may be the most expensive ones ever tocollect dust in your shop..

All in all ,WITHOUT driving one i am very impressed to say the least....
It will be a beast in our trails/mud and wont dissapoint i would think.I would think aftermarket P/S should be out soon and i would bet next years models come with P/S & QE Visco lock to try and get the "second year" buyers on board. Like they did with the Commanders......
Awesome machine,but it should be as well....With some goodies (roof,winch,tires,tunes,hitch,harness`s etc) you will have 25 to 30 k in it........
Makes me miss the days of the 11000 RZRS.....lol Boy these sxs have come a long way...

Really liked the new John Deere 850 I RSX as well,blown away with the quality/fit /finnish,more on that in a different post !!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom