Missing Family: Alberta Beach Area - Located

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long story unfortunately, they were not realized to be missing until late afternoon the 24.

RCMP are involved and asking for any and all leads.
Lake isle. Near lac st Anne is frozen better than ever. Except where the springs are. It’s solid blue ice. Unlike in the narrows. It’s Been to warm to freeze those areas. The spot they fell through never freezes. Absolutely heartbreaking.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to multiple reports on Facebook they were found, near the blue bridge at Alexis. Sounds like the UTV went through the thin ice/open water. They were not found alive.

Condolences to the family.

Kelly was featured on The Rig and License to Drill a few years back.
I was racking my brain trying to figure out why I knew his name. Sad deal for sure.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah went to bed sewing that they were missing and everyone was looking for them. Woke up to they had been found but not alive. So sad. Makes you sick to your stomach. Just a family out for a ride on their new lake lot.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately as already posted this story ends tragically.

They were new to the area, first winter out there. Didn't really know the lake, headed out after dark, and were seen around the lake with music going etc. But yes they headed up towards Alexis and that is where they were recovered.

Very very sad story and a sobering reminder to know where you are going before you head out and to always check ice thicknesses. It can change drastically from one area to another.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately as already posted this story ends tragically.

They were new to the area, first winter out there. Didn't really know the lake, headed out after dark, and were seen around the lake with music going etc. But yes they headed up towards Alexis and that is where they were recovered.

Very very sad story and a sobering reminder to know where you are going before you head out and to always check ice thicknesses. It can change drastically from one area to another.
As well. This also shows the importance of riding with a group or at least one other machine.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard about the details on the news last night...

Sad news indeed

Condolences too family's and friend's

Don and family

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This ruined my Christmas :( Knew Kelly for 10 years, was a really good friend. Contrary to what the internet trolls say Kelly didn't smoke, do drugs or drink with power equipment in operation. Freak accident :(

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This ruined my Christmas :( Knew Kelly for 10 years, was a really good friend. Contrary to what the internet trolls say Kelly didn't smoke, do drugs or drink with power equipment in operation. Freak accident :(
Very sorry for your loss.

From what I understand they were new to the area too and really just starting to explore what's available out their "front door".

Top Bottom