Stolen

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, i just got back last night from Jasper when i got the news that my brother in laws truck was stolen out of W.E.M parking lot, took the kids for supper/ movie came out to go home and no truck. Please PM me if you hear of any parts floating around for an 08' Ford Harley Davidson truck, this thing was accessorized to the nuts as he's in the biz. I'm pretty sure it's been stripped and partially dispersed by now but it's still worth trying. Friggin' thieves.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No need to look just heard they had a high speed chase in Smoky Lake, thieves tried to get away by going offroad, through a field, bush finally ending in a deep ravine. Police arrested the jack azz but told the bro that's it's a complete rite-off, the exterior is beyond salvable. He just waiting for pics, if he sends em to me i'll post em. The funny part is the police gave him a free "club" as the S.D. is the top 5 stolen vehichle. Ummm alittle late but.....thanks.

97summit

Reaction score
I hope that they used the club on the guys that took the truck, before they gave it to him.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the "Free Club" your talkin about?

It's a keyed devise that goes into your steering wheel when the vehichle is parked, i don't own one but i believ it wedges itself against the windshield so the vehichle can't be steered. i believe there is a couple different designs but you get the idea, you can buy them at any C.T. or Wallymart.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seen a guy steal a car with one of those in it on one of those hidden camera bait car shows. took him an extra 10 sec. to cut the steering wheel and pull out the club. not a very good deterent imo.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need an alarm with starter disable. seemed to work the best loud and takes time to figure out the wiring to the kill solenoid.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
seen a guy steal a car with one of those in it on one of those hidden camera bait car shows. took him an extra 10 sec. to cut the steering wheel and pull out the club. not a very good deterent imo.

Agree...if they really want it they will take it...I use the club in hopes that they'll just move on to an easier target and leave my chit alone.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems that it's pretty easy to pop the lock on Ford SD's and be off with them. My buddy's keyhole in the door got popped in, but the person must have gotten scared and took off.
Is there anything else you can get to make them harder to steal, besides a rottweiler in the back seat? A hidden ignition shut off?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the new SD's had a chipped key?

08's do, but the door is easy to jimmy and if you have a remote starter, they can hot wire your truck or so i'm told.

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its should be mandatory for all vehicle manufacturers to install on-star or similar tracking system. For the amount we pay for vehicles and the amount that are stolen I would think that insurance may end up even being cheaper....but more inportantly the vehicles can be tracked within a reasonable amount of time.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ford super dutys are so easy to steal........they need to upgrade the door handles!! my brother in laws 07 harley has 22s and 35 inch all terrains and it got broken into. you take a blade screwdriver and snap the handle by the keyhole and pull on the rod attached to it and POP door open..... no smashing glass or anything. i dont think they quite got it started but the back tires were on the street the next day and they ended up ripping his dash in half and stealing his pioneer nav but left his subs. he didnt even notice the truck was broken into until he seen his dash then looked and seen the handle broken and then noticed the truck was half on the street.......

my gm has a factory alarm if the door is opened and the doors are locked......but apparently you can break a window and go through it and steal everything inside without the damn alarm going off

Shortcut

Reaction score
Use the redneck alarm, 220v power to bumper, and a big ass ground rod, should keep them cooking until you show up!

vtlbill

Reaction score
Edmonton City Police at W.E.M told me that 5-6 trucks a week are stolen from the parking lots. Same thing as everybody else, pop the plastic door handle by the key and flip the rod inside. Bastards stole a new boss seat out of the back seat of my SD ford. Cops say I'm lucky I still had the truck. I'd rather the seat. Truck is insured.

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Edmonton has a lot of trucks being stolen! Every time I hear about people having things stolen it makes me happy to live here.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton has a lot of stuff stolen from West Edmonton Mall period! I stopped going there a long time ago. That mall is just wrong to begin with, you can shop elsewhere. Yes fords are known as easy to steal, and if you leave stuff lying in the truck like a new boss seat well you might as well leave it in the box or on the ground beside the truck cause if you leave anything in plain site it will most likely get stolen, why do you think they have signs everywhere to hide your valuables. Sorry for the guys that had stuff stolen but I call it lesson learnt.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the aftermath. Crappy. Maybe he'll buy a Chevy now:d

Attachments

• IMG00041-20100130-1204.jpg
    IMG00041-20100130-1204.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG00039-20100130-1203.jpg
    IMG00039-20100130-1203.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 28
Top Bottom