Snow report needed from Corbin to Butts Cabin

2blue

Reaction score
Snow depth report needed from Corbin to Butts Cabin

We do not have sleds we have quads!!!

If anyone can tell me how much snow is at corbin that would be great.

1 foot 2 foot 3 foot?

2blue

Reaction score
Nope talking about today.

Made it last year in Febuary. :)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If I was grooming that trail I would be an angry operator when I came across some quads on the groomed snowmobile trial.

I don't think you would want to meet and angry operator in the back-country as it would be a long firggin' walk and a pee-pot full of shovelling....just saying

2blue

Reaction score
I am with cbsa, all of the quads are on tracks.

We are there for the saftey of others, also elk valley coal mine has requested us in with the rcmp.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
u guys looking for drug smugglers. Its cutts cabins also. What does the mine have to do with that area or is this something to do with the new proposed mine down in the mclatchie area
The groomer should be back in action for friday evening so you should have a decent trail in all the way to cutts's. Dont forget to pay your trail pass.

crowdoo

Reaction score

We are there for the saftey of others, also elk valley coal mine has requested us in with the rcmp.

just askn whats cbsa ? and why elk valley requesting u in with rcmp ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Canadian Border Service Agency

Doesnt make much sense to me why elk valley coals and the RCMP are requesting them in there. Cutts cabins are still like 40+ miles to the USA border.

Teck Coal owns a lot of land in the area. There is a plowed road south of the border at the old Flathead customs buildings. There are patrols over the area by the helicopters out of Great Falls.

It makes sense to me that this is a security issue and as mentioned above drug smuggling. A friend of mine was riding down there a few years ago and they came across a real rough looking guy walking with snowshoes, pulling a toboggan and wanting to know where Butt's cabin (10 km north of the border) was. He gave him a ride doubling on the sled. He could feel the gun that was in the man's waist band rubbing against his back. That is not strange for an American to be travelling with a gun. He phoned the RCMP when he got back to Fernie. Never heard anything more.

They walk among us.....:d:d

crowdoo

Reaction score

Teck Coal owns a lot of land in the area. There is a plowed road south of the border at the old Flathead customs buildings. There are patrols over the area by the helicopters out of Great Falls.

It makes sense to me that this is a security issue and as mentioned above drug smuggling. A friend of mine was riding down there a few years ago and they came across a real rough looking guy walking with snowshoes, pulling a toboggan and wanting to know where Butt's cabin (10 km north of the border) was. He gave him a ride doubling on the sled. He could feel the gun that was in the man's waist band rubbing against his back. That is not strange for an American to be travelling with a gun. He phoned the RCMP when he got back to Fernie. Never heard anything more.

They walk among us.....:d:d

thanks for the info learn something new every day.maybe im not to bright but wouldnt it be better to take sleds in there instead of quads ? hey fs havent seen you at chippers have u not been threw the pass lately ?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thanks for the info learn something new every day.maybe im not to bright but wouldnt it be better to take sleds in there instead of quads ? hey fs havent seen you at chippers have u not been threw the pass lately ?

I have been staying close to home. Grooming in Fernie and Elkford keeps me pretty busy. Not even enough time for riding......I'll be through one of these days.....the burgers are great!!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been staying close to home. Grooming in Fernie and Elkford keeps me pretty busy. Not even enough time for riding......I'll be through one of these days.....the burgers are great!!

i havent been by there yet when there has been an open sign in the window

crowdoo

Reaction score
i havent been by there yet when there has been an open sign in the window

chippers is open 10 am till 7pm or later 6 days a week closed tuesdays .oh ya is a snow crow riders sponsor as well.the owner and cook Tammy is a sledder /logger lol

Attachments

• P1030519.jpg
    P1030519.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 343
Top Bottom