Silent Pass

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clear up the logging thing for everyone. Logging is taking place all winter coming from the "short cut" to silver mines. Logging trucks are active on the road up to km21. Parking for silent pass has been reduced to km23.5 as they have shut down operations from the previous km41 they were doing. I know a lot of u keep thinking they are working to km41 but they are not. There is a large turnaround and parking lot at km23.5 that can accomodate all vehicles and trailers.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any info on silent pass area for this weekend, march 3

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big system rolled through with TONS of snow. Avy bulletin is HIGH! so be careful, but the tree riding is unreal!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah lots odf snow falling, and rolling down to. very poor visibility, wet snow = not good for sledders.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah lots odf snow falling, and rolling down to. very poor visibility, wet snow = not good for sledders.

Come on I got a spot for you, we leave friday 4pm come home sunday late afternoon. Going to vale

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with the snow we are getting looks like onion lake and hummingbird for this guy, should be epic and close to red deer to boot. yeha.

skidplate

Reaction score
How's the road into Silent? How far can you make it before you have to stage up?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
km 23.5. big parking lot as long as morons park so others can park too. be careful of the alpine, very wet snow, may slide. road in was well plowed, careful of logging trucks, lots of pull outs, advise getting radio and use it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heading in on friday,,,supposed to be getting snow right now!!!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
left on sunday, wet snow on top rain lower slopes, avi's will be high

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had clients in Silent today who said conditions where amazing. It was snowing HARD in there all day. Gonna be DEEP! CAA did issue a special avalanche bulletin this morning talking about how dangers it will be this weekend so be careful wherever you ride this weekend in BC!! Gonna be deep and touchy!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself was in the silent "area", snow was ok. Rained all day under 6000ft. Very wet. Snow is wicked heavy and packs up great. Weather was mega warm and clouds. We had headlights deep most the day in the area. Parking is at 25km. Wasn't really snowing at the end of the day, more like slush/rain. Trail in was in great conditions.

Ps the guy with a 30ft trailor/blue Chevy with two sleds, why you gatta be a homo and do 40km down a logging road....

Reaction score
Looser with the Red Dodge.. Why you try passing on a down hill logging road.. If you are in that much of a rush then maybe you should leave the hill a little sooner so you dont have to follow .. Also why you do have to be such a jerk at the bottom and try be cool and cut us off.. Did you impress your friend ? Well hope you had a good laugh. I would have to say the way you drive your truck is most likly how you ride your sled.. Not very smart.

PS if you had any balls you would have waited for me to get out of my truck and have a chat with you.. Just sayin..

Last edited:

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buuuuusted! ha
Silent road is getting a little soft up there. I hear they are going to be done logging up there soon so the road might start to get a little narly. Lets keep this thread clean so we can get good info on the road conditions and parking conditions. The parking lot is at the 23.5km right now just past the newest active logging site. Please use radios guys! It'll help keep our riding areas open! Slower on the road the better. We have had a few logging truck interactions from hasty sledders this season already! Take you time and everyone leaves happy, loggers and sledders!!!! We love loggers in this town as most of them are sledders too! Keep that in mind. Just cause you are on vacations doesn't mean everyone is!

Reaction score
GSR I agree.. It only takes a few people to screw it all up for the others that have respect for the riding areas and roads to get there.. I had to comment on oler1234 and how the homo and the blue chev with thr 30ft trailer was only doing 40 coming down from the staging area on the loging road ..
On that note the road was great, the staging area at 23,1/2 kms was plowed, the trail was like a highway and the snow was plenty deep.. Great area and lots of safe area to play when avey conditions are the way they are.. We had a great time in Golden..

Top Bottom