Silent Pass

fersch

Reaction score
Has anyone rode silent pass yet ? Heading out there next saterday and wondering if anyone has made trail yet?

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A fellow Drayton Valley citizen! I can't imagine the trail through the trees being too healthy this early in the season, but who knows.

fersch

Reaction score
we rode there this time last year this time and couldnt quite make it up to much snow and no trail. we where the first ones in there and wow deep powder.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are heading out wednesday, and was wondering the samething, or maybe breaking into glenogle, all ive heard is there is a foot of snow at the bottom of quartz

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SilentPass, November...I would imagine ugly. Waterfall would be interesting. Get in broke in for us :)

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Delivered a new sled to a customer who rode his older tundra up the road for a bit last Sunday, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO READY yet.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also take note that when we were quadding there this summer the trail has slid (eroded) away just before the last switch back where the trail goes into the tress. Might be a little tricky getting past.

fersch

Reaction score
we are heading up there saterday morning to ride silent. ill definantly take some photos. been riding there for the last 4 years at this same time and snow was awsome.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool always wanted to trek in there early in the year so pics are going to be real good

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what Silent can look like in the middle of November, from a couple yrs ago....

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

Breaking trail through through the trees...

IMG_4745.jpg

Above the waterfall
IMG_4757.jpg

fersch

Reaction score
I was there that weekend a few years ago.It was intense. We where the group that where on all stock sleds.There was so much snow that we couldnt even make it up the trail through the alpine.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you guys are heading in there play safe!! Slides are running full path already! That means you will be in harms way several times on the way in to Silent. I would even consider the waterfall a possibility right now. I am by no means an avalanche forecaster but I have witnessed a fair amount of activity already this season and with limited information this early in the season I thought I would share some of the info I have gathered. We were getting easy compression test results in Quartz on Nov. 13th popping 60cm down on a buried surface hoar layer. That's a LOT of mass if anything slides. Because of all of this new snow load (past week) there is a lot of weight on that weak layer and things are moving naturally!
Play safe!! Have fun! Pick the areas that are right for the conditions! :)

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent should be good to go. I rode Forester last weekend and there was 5ft in the meadows. Not much below the meadow but chest deep above 6000ft. I was checking weather and snow plots and the same systems have been moving thru the north purcells. Keep your head up passing thru run out zones, saw quit a few naturals run 3/4 length due to heavy snowfall and strong winds overweighing that weak layer.

Last edited:

copper xp

Reaction score
Silent pass was sweety broke the other half of the trail got up onto both lakes and dropped over the back side few land mines but good for the most part. Few weeks before you can get up the water falls 5-6 feet at least.

Last edited:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rode Silent Pass, is there a good map out there that gives some directions on how to get in there and where everything is?

Top Bottom