G5 Turbo Overheat

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that’s good news and sounds like BRP is at least at this stage, open to something other than a straight denial.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six weeks after dropping the sled off l got it back today. It was warrantied.

I believe the manager got BRB to look closer at the 'black box' data. Lean due to over rev is something l was told. I saw some 8200-8300 that day and had already clickered from 3 to 1. I'm curious how detailed the data logging is. Perhaps they could see the RPMs crater while the throttle was wide open and the coolant temps normal. I'm just glad it was covered.

A new top end and reeds was BRP's instructions but when the bottom end was assembled the centre section failed a leak test. So a shortblock was ordered as well. At home l noticed break-in mode wasn't reapplied. I will have to go back for that. I paid for new throttle body injectors for peace of mind.

If this was a normal season I'd be choked at all the down time.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Six weeks after dropping the sled off l got it back today. It was warrantied.

I believe the manager got BRB to look closer at the 'black box' data. Lean due to over rev is something l was told. I saw some 8200-8300 that day and had already clickered from 3 to 1. I'm curious how detailed the data logging is. Perhaps they could see the RPMs crater while the throttle was wide open and the coolant temps normal. I'm just glad it was covered.

A new top end and reeds was BRP's instructions but when the bottom end was assembled the centre section failed a leak test. So a shortblock was ordered as well. At home l noticed break-in mode wasn't reapplied. I will have to go back for that. I paid for new throttle body injectors for peace of mind.

If this was a normal season I'd be choked at all the down time.

Be careful what is said here …. BRP is obviously monitoring this thread….

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful what is said here …. BRP is obviously monitoring this thread….
Haven’t seen BRP Cares on here for a couple years . They probably don’t like the bashing. Lol. Glad you got fixed up James. Hope you get some good snow and can get it re broke in this year.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven’t seen BRP Cares on here for a couple years . They probably don’t like the bashing. Lol. Glad you got fixed up James. Hope you get some good snow and can get it re broke in this year.
I had a Polaris 'rep' contact me once in a DM after making a post. They saw to it that my concern was addressed. That was on Snowest ten years ago. Forums aren't what they used to be but it wouldn't surprise me if the munufacturers skulk around some.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Polaris 'rep' contact me once in a DM after making a post. They saw to it that my concern was addressed. That was on Snowest ten years ago. Forums aren't what they used to be but it wouldn't surprise me if the munufacturers skulk around some.

Glad to see that you’re back on your ride…

Praying for snow

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Serious question. What is there to be careful about? What about his post is sensitive?

Not too hard to figure out bud…

But I’ll spell it out for you….
Speaking ill of the French mafia and any future warranty claim is garbage.

I'm glad it worked out for him, disappointed that the initial response was to refuse it… why does it have to be like that…?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear they took care of it. Check there work though, never know what you will find.

The warranty repair I metioned on one we have had the ECU replaced. Putting skid plate on it yesterday and dropped exhaust spring under engine. Popped clutch off to fish it out and found a nylock nut and bolt under there. Get looking sled over and it was intended to bolt the ECU in place.

Guess the master mechanic at the dealer ship was on flat rate and dropped them so just said phuk it. One bolt will hold it in place lol. Wasn't the dealer I deal with but the one buddy that sold me the sled used to have it repaired

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
congrats on getting it covered and if there was a winter to be forced off a sled for 6wks, it’s this one.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is probably the odd dsm that slithers through here once in a while.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folllow up.

First ride after new engine was to Eagles pass for a bluebird day. The sled ran good EXCEPT it would not go past 6800 rpm. Even full throttle holding the track in the air. Below 6700 it was normal. Boost seems to come on around 5500. It would pull hard and just hit a wall at 6800. No CEL or codes. We came a long way and it was bluebird so tried to make the best of it. I couldn't climb a fresh line but if there was a track got around fine. We got all the way back to Monster bowl and it dropped a cylinder. Barely idling. I was afraid to shut it off so we scooted for the truck. Luckily it still produced enough power to get up the hills. Three day trip cut short.

I thought the RPM limit had to be the Rave servo but it was moving when we did the full throttle test in the air. Compression felt good pulling the rope so l was thinking reeds for why it dropped a cylinder. Back to home and dropped it at the dealer early next morning.

Late in the day l phoned to see if they'd had time to look at it. Yup, 'it was fouled plugs, come and get it'. There's no way it was bad plugs initially. Maybe when it got real bad. I went there a little perturbed figuring they haven't looked hard enough. They insist it's fine now. It was.

The next two rides were flawless. The third ride good but l noticed under the primary clutch was oily. Fourth ride experienced one session where 7500 was rpm limit. Stopped for a bit and was back to normal after. Then had a wicked backfire at WOT. Still running ok though.

Once home, inspection of clutch are showed pool of oil under primary. Pretty obvious it came from pump area. Back to dealer. I mentioned backfire, rpm issue, as well as oil leak. They found a code for high egt and checked the fuel pump. It failed a test. New oil and fuel pump installed.

This past Saturday was ride five on new engine. It ran flawless. Break-in mode completed. The ride in was 40km of hard snow. I tried hard not to but tapped the temperature alarm once 🙄.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Folllow up.

First ride after new engine was to Eagles pass for a bluebird day. The sled ran good EXCEPT it would not go past 6800 rpm. Even full throttle holding the track in the air. Below 6700 it was normal. Boost seems to come on around 5500. It would pull hard and just hit a wall at 6800. No CEL or codes. We came a long way and it was bluebird so tried to make the best of it. I couldn't climb a fresh line but if there was a track got around fine. We got all the way back to Monster bowl and it dropped a cylinder. Barely idling. I was afraid to shut it off so we scooted for the truck. Luckily it still produced enough power to get up the hills. Three day trip cut short.

I thought the RPM limit had to be the Rave servo but it was moving when we did the full throttle test in the air. Compression felt good pulling the rope so l was thinking reeds for why it dropped a cylinder. Back to home and dropped it at the dealer early next morning.

Late in the day l phoned to see if they'd had time to look at it. Yup, 'it was fouled plugs, come and get it'. There's no way it was bad plugs initially. Maybe when it got real bad. I went there a little perturbed figuring they haven't looked hard enough. They insist it's fine now. It was.

The next two rides were flawless. The third ride good but l noticed under the primary clutch was oily. Fourth ride experienced one session where 7500 was rpm limit. Stopped for a bit and was back to normal after. Then had a wicked backfire at WOT. Still running ok though.

Once home, inspection of clutch are showed pool of oil under primary. Pretty obvious it came from pump area. Back to dealer. I mentioned backfire, rpm issue, as well as oil leak. They found a code for high egt and checked the fuel pump. It failed a test. New oil and fuel pump installed.

This past Saturday was ride five on new engine. It ran flawless. Break-in mode completed. The ride in was 40km of hard snow. I tried hard not to but tapped the temperature alarm once 🙄.
Well, sounds like a lemon with all the issues. Cant imagine if ya had a crappy dealer. I don't think i could trust the sled, and i would definitely be selling it.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, sounds like a lemon with all the issues. Cant imagine if ya had a crappy dealer. I don't think i could trust the sled, and i would definitely be selling it.
Or extend the warranty 🤔

Top Bottom