G5 turbo Gears and chain

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Just a heads up, I was looking into the G5 chain adjustment warnings. I looked in my sled, and there are no HYVO gears and chain for 2023 in mine. I cannot say for sure that this is the case for everyone, but if your going to make a gear change on your G5 turbo, Verify what chain and gears are in your sled first.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought all the new Doo turboes came with Hyvo gears??

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought all the new Doo turboes came with Hyvo gears??

That’s what I believe everyone assumed, and the dealership.
The lack of the HYVO whine in vids and no warning decal on the chaincase, it had me curious, so I verified the part numbers the other day.
I was avoiding posting this info, but on another forum a guy already messed with his gearing and mismatched parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that sucks , chain and gears are about 400 bucks if I recall

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That was for my XM , probably double that for a g5 lol

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Definitely no hyvo, I will have hyvos in my sled by the time its broke in and do my gear change and team tied conversion, pricey but no comparison in quality.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when did BRP Change things, wasn't the hyvo gears on the 21&22. Reviewing the part numbers on both sleds 21 and 23 the part numbers for both the chains and gears is the same.

It’s in the fine print “production models may vary from pre production at time of delivery” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when did BRP Change things, wasn't the hyvo gears on the 21&22. Reviewing the part numbers on both sleds 21 and 23 the part numbers for both the chains and gears is the same.
Part numbers match in the fische, but parts on the sled are 100% not hyvo. Have seen with my own eyes

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Could be a number of reasons, from parts availability at the time of the sled being built, or someone thinking hyvo was not needed. Don’t know, but the parts fiche showing hyvo is curious.
Looks like the Lynx has something else that’s different in the chaincase as well.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
63B5EF62-5F8C-4005-9836-B98CA85CA28F.png

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What have you been seeing? I guess getting first yaer of this model was a mistake eh?

Blown chains, that takes out the case.

I have seen pics of a destroyed bottom gear, so maybe the double spline driveshaft is a issue as well causing the chain failures.
But you know how the internet is, a few people have a failure and post it, it turns into a 3000 sled pandemic.

Top Bottom