Any condo owners in Panama.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at relocating to Panama. Checking out condos and wondering if anyone has one down here. I’d love to chat if you do.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont, but let us know what you figure out.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My wife's best friend has been going to Panama for 3 years. They started out with a 14 day tour guide, of all the rental locations. That is the most popular and safest with Canadians and Yanks. They were told to rent for the first 5 years or so, as rent is super affordable and then purchase in the area that you like.
This is their 3rd winter of renting. My wife has texted with her friend, to see where they are at.
We are hoping to go there next winter and spend about a month there.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. Reality is a moving target. Some ok deals out here and I always say you can’t go wrong owning.( need to pay cash though) My plan is to buy a condo that way when I’m away there’s no issues and rent it out when I’m gone. Get into the game right. I’m finding is about 30% cheaper then at home even with the U.S exchange rate. Homes are super cheap but hard to take care of when away in Canada. Lots of options though.
Maybe this is just a way of sticking one’s head in the sand but our leader has driving our poor country into the ground and I need out.
I have traveled lots to so many places and find Panama has a best for the buck buys and living standards. Costa Rica is very nice but getting very expensive including balize.

Mexico scares the crap out of me as I like to go outback and I’m not interested running into the Cartal. Yes the Sinaloa president is here in Panama but so far no issues and I’m touring the whole country and outback areas. 2nd visit now.
Will be back looking at Coronado/Gorgona area as I have a good friend living there so meeting people helps.not a big tourist area guy but it’s the right location. New monorail and highways coming out of Panama City so that will stream line the community. Prices will rise in the next few years.

Living is different here and not for everyone but in my books living at half costs, not dealing with every stupid thing Trudy dose and you never have to shovel sunshine is a perk. Yah I’ll Amit it…my sledding days are behind me for now.
There’s a Ktm,Polaris and a brp dealer full of toys here and sxs can rage around and on the beaches. I’d buy a wagon for it and take a full cooler, bbq and tent set up for thoughs beach days lol.

Attachments

• 73A35DE4-BBEE-477D-9C3F-EAE92F3B5428.png
    73A35DE4-BBEE-477D-9C3F-EAE92F3B5428.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • F40EC377-CCAB-4062-8D74-B1CD765E4BCB.png
    F40EC377-CCAB-4062-8D74-B1CD765E4BCB.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 108

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure Panama is a great place to visit… maybe even stay for a season as a snowbird.
But I would be cautious about moving there…
The Panama Canal is the major source of income for the country… and the current state of the situation is dire. Less than half the ships are able to pass due to low water levels in Gatun lake. This is also the main water source for Panama City.

What happens in a country when it runs out water and money….?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sherry and Andrew are at Caracol Beach for the next 2 months

They have been there for 1 week. Do their walks in the morning. As it's only 26c before noon

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure Panama is a great place to visit… maybe even stay for a season as a snowbird.
But I would be cautious about moving there…
The Panama Canal is the major source of income for the country… and the current state of the situation is dire. Less than half the ships are able to pass due to low water levels in Gatun lake. This is also the main water source for Panama City.

What happens in a country when it runs out water and money….?
I understand this is a major port passage for the U.S and they are poring billions into it right now. Basically this is the U.S. I’m more concerned with Canada.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good family friend wintered down there the last few years and decided last summer that he is done with Canada, they sold everything and moved down there full time. He loves it and has nothing but good things to say. Not sure where exactly, he told me in July but I’ve forgotten the name of the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherry and Andrew are at Caracol Beach for the next 2 months

They have been there for 1 week. Do their walks in the morning. As it's only 26c before noon
Ha ha just looked it up. Yah we drove through there last week. Just north 15-20 min is gorgona and Coronado. Great area, we drove into punta chame point.
We are at Santa Catalina right now. (4 hrs north).

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have friends who moved to Panama 5 years ago and haven't looked back. They bought in the Bocas del Toro area.
I could go for it, but the wife wouldn't move there because of the snakes.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have friends who moved to Panama 5 years ago and haven't looked back. They bought in the Bocas del Toro area.
I could go for it, but the wife wouldn't move there because of the snakes.
No snakes, your good to go. Come on down. True storie. Never seen one myself…well in Costa Rica I did but he went one way and I went another.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imagine you've experienced the climate to be confident that it suits you.
My parents just got back from Costa Rica. They said it was too hot for them, 35C and super humid. Full on sweat fest all day, every day. Beach sand burned their feed.

Last edited by a moderator:

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imagine you've experienced the climate to be confident that it suits you.
My parents just got back from Costa Rica. They said it was too hot for them - 35C and super humid. Full on sweat fest all day, every day. Beach sand burned their feed.
It can get that way. You can work or play in that weather but I find there are cooler areas and places like Coronado have winds all day that keep things bearable. It’s the rainy months that get humid…the high country is where Canadian should go where it 15-25 C all day and night.
I’ve lost track of how many time I’ve been to these warm climates and so far find it ok. I’m sure I’ll try a 6on and 6 off to see how it goes. Need to leave Panama after 3 months for a few days to regain your driving rights. Quick trip to c/r or Columbia will work.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the agricultural building like down there? Wonder what there dairy and chicken barns look like down there. Healthcare is also a huge issue for our family. Give credit to anyone that can pick up and go and start a new life.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can get that way. You can work or play in that weather but I find there are cooler areas and places like Coronado have winds all day that keep things bearable. It’s the rainy months that get humid…the high country is where Canadian should go where it 15-25 C all day and night.
I’ve lost track of how many time I’ve been to these warm climates and so far find it ok. I’m sure I’ll try a 6on and 6 off to see how it goes. Need to leave Panama after 3 months for a few days to regain your driving rights. Quick trip to c/r or Columbia will work.
Definitely higher elevation would help with the heat and humidity…
What is the 6 on/off mean? Weeks/months?
And I'm not following the comments about driving… why would you need to leave to be able to drive?

Top Bottom