Riding gear

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the nicer weather rolling in and the streets getting sweeped up I’m getting amped to insure my bike.

Looking at purchasing some new gear, any recommendations for below?
-helmet ECE 22.06 seems to be best nowadays, I see fort9 has some reasonably priced stuff
-backpack, I’m wanting to start riding to work, but have always found I don’t have a good way of bringing my lunch etc with me. I have my eye on the helite h-moov. $$ but seems like it’d be pretty effective in saving my body in the event of a crash
-sneakers, alpinestars faster 3 crystals catch my eye

I usually just rock a jean jacket and Carhartts as I’m mostly casually bombing around to just get out, but now that I’m going to be commuting in more ‘high traffic’ scenarios I’d like to step up my safety game

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting i have never seen anyone use a airbag on a motor cycle.. Personally to me putting things in the backpack is just as dangerous as putting things in front of a airbag in a veh in the event of a crash it becomes a projectile. The best backpack i have ever used is the swis army backpack the one i have now i have had for over 10 years and other than being a little faded its just as good as the day i purchased it well worth the money..

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting i have never seen anyone use a airbag on a motor cycle.. Personally to me putting things in the backpack is just as dangerous as putting things in front of an airbag in a veh in the event of a crash it becomes a projectile. The best backpack i have ever used is the swis army backpack the one i have now i have had for over 10 years and other than being a little faded its just as good as the day i purchased it well worth the money..

I see what you’re saying but it appears the storage pouch is on the outside of the airbag bladder, so it wouldn’t ejecto objects into your back haha. But solid point!

Thanks for the recommendation, I will look into Swiss packs

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was more worried about the people behind u for the projectile... never really looked at those packs. Not sure how they would protect your from anything other than landing on your back.. guess I'll have to watch a few vids

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
What type of helmet are you looking for full face, Mx, adv or 3/4. Mod or non?

Helite seems to be the simplest air bag on the market. Tether and easily recharged. Everything else Alpinestars/Dianese seems to be going to a subscriber service for their stuff.

Best way to carry anything IMO is a tank bag with a lock ring. Always stays in place.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wanting full face but the fox vr1 has caught my eye, pretty sick looking colors and 95$ at fort9. Also ECE and MIPS. It seems there’s no real downsides besides going 200k with a visor, but I don’t plan on doing that lol

Goggles I ‘save’ on cause I could use my sled ones

Thanks for the input, from what I’ve seen gloves are the brands as you say and street racers I think it’s called.

I will look into a tank bag but I don’t know if I’d be able to fit all my stuff.

From time to time I WFH so would need to carry my laptop and lunch/snacks (I have a pretty high metabolism and eat a lot lol)

FanaticalKilla

Reaction score
I was wanting full face but the fox vr1 has caught my eye, pretty sick looking colors and 95$ at fort9. Also ECE and MIPS. It seems there’s no real downsides besides going 200k with a visor, but I don’t plan on doing that lol

Goggles I ‘save’ on cause I could use my sled ones

Thanks for the input, from what I’ve seen gloves are the brands as you say and street racers I think it’s called.

I will look into a tank bag but I don’t know if I’d be able to fit all my stuff.

From time to time I WFH so would need to carry my laptop and lunch/snacks (I have a pretty high metabolism and eat a lot lol)
I checked out those Fox lids. Look like a solid deal. Can’t really go wrong with Fortnine either.

Top Bottom