Quad Gear...more specifically clothes!!!

rens27

Reaction score
the thing is rain gear does not breath .. so you bast in your own juices... not a nice feeling... everyone opens there wallet when it comes to a machine but when it comes to good WATERPROOF BREATHABLE clothing... then everyone counts there pennies... lol

rubber boots is the only thing that i wear that is not breathable cause wearing mx style boots is not the thing for quad pleasure riding and no one makes a good high breathable boot like a quality rubber boot...
there are boots for winter that have a gore tex breathable membrane but for summer they are too heavy...

It does really seal in the flavor. But it works great rain or shine. I have soaked through supposedly breathable waterproof gear so often I quit spending the money on it. And that was hiking in the back country and not getting splashed by mud puddles. Breathable and waterproof should not go in the same sentence. In order to be breathable clothing requires venting of some sort whether that is in between the fibers or actual vents. That only makes them water resistant and not water proof.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
It does really seal in the flavor. But it works great rain or shine. I have soaked through supposedly breathable waterproof gear so often I quit spending the money on it. And that was hiking in the back country and not getting splashed by mud puddles. Breathable and waterproof should not go in the same sentence. In order to be breathable clothing requires venting of some sort whether that is in between the fibers or actual vents. That only makes them water resistant and not water proof.

Fly fishing gear is breathable AND waterproof. But I'd never wear it quadding. WAY too expensive for that. My Cloudveil waders were $600 and the matching jacket was $750. They DO work great tho. Sorry for the derail.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont agree... i have waterproof breathable thor pants... never get myself wet thru the fabric...and sweat is cut down quite a bit but you still will sweat some... and if you research breathable waterproof then you can see that there is good clothing out there... and not expensive... i have a gore tex thin shell .. about 120 bucks and ridings pants go from 170 to 210 for pants that keep you dry... the pours are big enought to breath but small enough not let water thru... if your getting wet ... thats your sweat... and you will sweat somewhat in breathable stuff... everyone should buy a chinese machine and then they can afford better clothing....lol l

skied all my life and always wore waterproof breathable clothing and in 30 some years have never been soaked thru... skin is always dry except for some body moisture if your giving her.... and then for that you wear some sort of moisture wicking thin underwear...

Gore tex being the best as a membrane but DWR or Entrant or any other laminated work well... im suprised i am hearing this about getting wet hiking in the backcountry... what bran name of gear are you using so i can stay away from it... hehe

Last edited:

rens27

Reaction score
no i dont agree... i have waterproof breathable thor pants... never get myself wet thru the fabric...and sweat is cut down quite a bit but you still will sweat some... and if you research breathable waterproof then you can see that there is good clothing out there... and not expensive... i have a gore tex thin shell .. about 120 bucks and ridings pants go from 170 to 210 for pants that keep you dry... the pours are big enought to breath but small enough not let water thru... if your getting wet ... thats your sweat... and you will sweat somewhat in breathable stuff... everyone should buy a chinese machine and then they can afford better clothing....lol l

skied all my life and always wore waterproof breathable clothing and in 30 some years have never been soaked thru... skin is always dry except for some body moisture if your giving her.... and then for that you wear some sort of moisture wicking thin underwear...

Gore tex being the best as a membrane but DWR or Entrant or any other laminated work well... im suprised i am hearing this about getting wet hiking in the backcountry... what bran name of gear are you using so i can stay away from it... hehe

Columbia and North Face both have let me and my wallet down. Some of the MEC stuff and my Patagonia rain coat have been better. I find the pants to be the worst for supposed breathable claims. After a long hike I am as wet with sweat as I am wearing rubber military rain pants riding an atv. Just spend a lot less. Last surplus rain pants I bought cost $20. I have also had breathable, waterproof jackets start to leak through after a few hours in the rain. And once water gets in once it will always do it. I have not tried the expensive Thor pants or other brands riding gear. The price is definitely the hold back on trying them. I need to meet a sales rep that can score me a demo pair.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear can am riding pants and north face rain shell jacket. The pants are baggy and fit perfect over Dunlop rubber boots. Make sure to buy bama socks for your boots.0, they soak up all your feet sweat leaving your feet dry

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wear my chest waders in the spring when its cooler temps and when it gets warmer I usually just go with jeans or shorts and tshirt. pressure wash off on driveway and hang up in garage. then throw them in the washer later. But now after reading this thead I may look for a cheap pair of used riding pants.

Top Bottom