PIEPS Beacon Failures

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent my 3 back but they must be getting flooded as I have not got an offer back. It’s been 3 weeks now so I’ll call next week. If they don’t do something next week new beacons and they will not be pieps.

They’ve had mine for a week, looking into the orvtox or tracker 3 if I don’t hear back mid week lol

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear some guys are hearing back. Not sure what your timeline looks like comparatively. The process is starting to get a bit annoying.

With the timeline now touching as month, I am going to phone in on Monday and see what the scoop is.

Please post what you find out. I am waiting as well. Thank you.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I received an update today on my warranty claim. They never offered a discount so I am assuming that they’re shipping a replacement. I sent my Sport at the beginning of November.

After a long delay, we finally have replacements back in stock and are shipping them out as fast as we can. You can expect an email with tracking info from Fedex when your beacon ships. If you are waiting to purchase a replacement at a discount, you will receive information shortly.

We apologize for the long wait and appreciate your patience,

-Pieps Customer Service

Last edited:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got an email from FedEx with a tracking number today so I’ll be getting a replacement beacon on Thursday.

Last edited:

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke to them today to remind them they have had my 3 for almost a month. Nice person explained they were cleaned out early and that they just received a new shipment. Couple hours later email indicating my one that was still under warranty was on its way and for $100 each my out of warranty ones could be replaced. All should be on the way back tomorrow.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the email response saying for 100USD I can get an upgrade to 1 of 2 new pieps models. My beacon is like 4-5 years old, is that why they haven’t offered a replacement like some?? How old were the beacons that guys are getting free replacement offers?

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also just got emailed a tracking number. No clue what I am getting sent & wasn’t asked to pay. We will see on Thursday. Just like Santy Claus on Christmas morning.
How old was your beacon? Mine is 4 years old and they want 100 replacement value. Mine was the pro model.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand:

-2 year warranty from date of purchase
-extends +1 year for a total of 3 years if you register the product with PIEPS

Mine was ~2 years old.

When I registered mine I had 5 years, on my peips pro.

My new beacon is 5 years.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent my reply asking why there were some people being offered free replacements without providing proof of purchase and I was being told 100 per unit and I had provided proof of purchases 3 weeks ago. Right after I sent my message I was sent the message stating that they are experiencing a mass amount of interest and could be aproximatey 2 weeks to hear back. 1 week ago I sent another reply asking why I still haven’t heard anything back and still have not received another message. I am sure they are back logged, but I would have expected some form of communication back as this claim is already many weeks in the making.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they had my 3 for a month. I just started phoning every week until they did something. Mine are Pro’s so if you registered you had 5 yr warranty. One of mine was still under warranty and 2 had expired. So the one was free and the others were $100 each. We will see how long they take to arrive.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah they had my 3 for a month. I just started phoning every week until they did something. Mine are Pro’s so if you registered you had 5 yr warranty. One of mine was still under warranty and 2 had expired. So the one was free and the others were $100 each. We will see how long they take to arrive.

what number did you call?

BAC'S

Reaction score
Unfortunately mine was out of warranty but I sent it in on the 18th and received the coupon today. We will see how long it takes to ship but they currently are not offering the pro to the public on their website so that they have the stock to fill all the upgrades.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also just got emailed a tracking number. No clue what I am getting sent & wasn’t asked to pay. We will see on Thursday. Just like Santy Claus on Christmas morning.
I got the same yesterday. Did you receive your new beacon? I am hoping they sent me the Powder BT, not the Micro.

BAC'S

Reaction score
mine has been stuck in memphis tn since last saturday hopefully shows up soon

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what number did you call?

800-775-5552 but you need your RA or case number. My 3 new beacons should arrive Monday. Has taken a month to deal with this but at least they are standing behind their products. Better than most companies.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom