Silent Pass

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart like dumptruck.
Get some real helmets boys.

sent from a phone

Hubby watched someone die instantly on a sport quad when he hit a drainage ditch - the jaw peice grabbed on some sort of debris and snapped the guy's head backward and severed his brainstem. The guy vomitted and was gone before they finished dialling 911.

Also, one of the best and most experienced sledders I know rides with a boarding helmet. I don't know all the details, but it has to do with a previous head injury. If it were to happen again with a regular helmet, he could die instantly. And... We were told that by RCMP who were checking VIN's on machines on May long that research shows that boarding helmets are
more effective for kids riding in the rear of the Rhino- has something to do with the rollcage and crash geometry. I can't say I fully I understand it... And what about bikers who wear the beanies or whatever they are called? How does that work?

We ride with full helmets, but I am sure there is an argument for both. Just as I am sure that someone here will tell me what it is and someone else will argue :)

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny thing about helmets is people who wear a -$ 200 plastic shelled helmet and ride a $ 15000 sled, those mass produced korean/chinese POS multi fit helmets do as much good as an ice cream bucket duct taped to your head....
Good helmets have a different sized shell for every sized helmet, junk helmets have 2 shell sizes and they just add soft foam padding to compensate which packs out after a few rides so a medium is really the same as a XL.....

Paruvka

Reaction score
Smart like dumptruck.
Get some real helmets boys.

sent from a phone

Awwww, you don't even know me but starting with pillow talk already?

This forum really makes me laugh. :) I'm a part of many other motor related forums and I've got to say that this one entertains me the most with the childish, self-righteous, narrow-minded, I'm-tough-behind-the-keyboard-and-will insult-you-because-I-don't-agree-with-you talk. Of course there is tons of really great people here that are willing to share their wisdom, but the percentage of the less-than-friendlies is abnormally high.

Underdog, with over 11,000 posts, I thought you'd be the veteran moderator not a name-caller. Whatevs, doesn't bother me one bit.

Wear a helmet of any kind, its better than none. But how did we all live to our ripe ages without helmets when we were growing up?
When I ski, my speed is way higher than when I'm boondocking through the trees, so should I always wear a full face motorcycle helmet when I'm skiing through the trees? Ask the ex-national team ski and snowboard members that I ski/ride snowmobiles with, which sport is more exposed. In my opinion, wear a helmet of any kind, and you'll minimize your chances of being a statistic but never fully eliminate it. (Great example btw Sledmomma, thanks for sharing the story.)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry for commenting on your post. I assumed that ski helmets were just for skiing.
BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!

sent from a phone

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tex don't even go there you ride that buffalo without a buffalo helmet.

and he just started a big fire in another golden thread bahahahha

all this hating on this site is getting old,,, some peeps starting to sound like the old snow west too funny....

peeps need to chill a bit and some peeps need not read into everything to deep lol.....

but who cares if someone doesnt wear a helmet not our problem hell one less retired faker I have to pay for and wont see any retirement money when I get there

like why all the haters now??

and Tex you never finished our chat bout no sled rates in Golden?? again Im just having fun its only the internet haha

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is a certified buffalo hater. he finally bought one. born complainer, bitches at pullin me out of the snow drifts. he may get a buffalo saddle for christmas. a real character. sometimes good guy, all round shheeet disturber.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is a certified buffalo hater. he finally bought one. born complainer, bitches at pullin me out of the snow drifts. he may get a buffalo saddle for christmas. a real character. sometimes good guy, all round shheeet disturber.

haha all good me too.... like I said its just the net but there have been a few haters posting away for some reason,, and a few wear green thats the sad part

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes people are people, takes all kinds. most people i've met on this site are real good,as most are just some beat to a different drummer. all good.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes people are people, takes all kinds. most people i've met on this site are real good,as most are just some beat to a different drummer. all good.

its just life lol,, me too met some great peeps on here......

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how were the conditions out there? I heard we got like 30cm???? Is that true???

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes that is about right, was drifting a little, light conditions not so good, hard to tell were the holes are. but good riding, although hit a few tree stumps under the snow. still skinny.

Top Bottom