Silent Pass

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never rode Silent Pass, is there a good map out there that gives some directions on how to get in there and where everything is?

Silent Pass is pretty big, and like mentioned, a loonnng ride in( just over 45 kms to get to the alpine)that's if you park at km 21 on the logging road. Definetly want to go with somebody who knows the area.Long walk/tow out if something happens.

Lots of slide pass to cross on the way in, if the path through the trees is not broke, oh boy.
You could be on the back side in the sun and minutes later be socked in, wouldn't want to happen to me and i've been in there 25-30 times. Talk to GSR, Aaron is top notch and will more than likely be able to point you to a group heading in there. Good luck and stay safe.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the feedback I received this weekend from some boys who made it in! They drove to the '34ish' where they unloaded and rode in. After a bit of effort they made it to the waterfall and continued up!! THEY MADE IT!!
So game on! Said the trail is in great shape! I'll pass this info on to the Grooming society. We will start grooming Silent in the up coming weeks!!
BRAAAAAAP!!!!

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent Pass is pretty big, and like mentioned, a loonnng ride in( just over 45 kms to get to the alpine)that's if you park at km 21 on the logging road. Definetly want to go with somebody who knows the area.Long walk/tow out if something happens.

Lots of slide pass to cross on the way in, if the path through the trees is not broke, oh boy.
You could be on the back side in the sun and minutes later be socked in, wouldn't want to happen to me and i've been in there 25-30 times. Talk to GSR, Aaron is top notch and will more than likely be able to point you to a group heading in there. Good luck and stay safe.

yeah dude, i agree with the socked in part. my first ride out there last season and we got it bad, very wierd feeling.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaron, or anyone else, are you aware of what the logging activity has been during the week for travelling the road in?

Thanks

fersch

Reaction score
has anyone gone up the waterfall yet ? we where there a couple weeks ago and there wasnt enough snow to make it up but you could get around the back side.

Trencher

Reaction score
Hey Everyone was up there Sunday! Parked @ Km 41. 1 inch of snow on top of freshly graded snow and by the time we got down there was approx 1 foot of snow on te road. The road out was bad First 30km down was full of snow and last 11 were pure ice. That being said conditions were sick, bottomless powder to be had in the meadows, did not even venture on to the lakes or Alpine as it was damn near a White out up there but the path has been pounded in and the waterfall is easily ride able. Have fun up there and play it safe, Could hear a few slides coming down up top sunday evening already on the way down the trail when we stopped to have a drink. Careful about parking to far up as the road is narrow from km21 to km41 and would be fairly ugly ride out in a stock truck if you get caught in a decent storm. Since the gradder cleaned it i will probably ride the extra 20 km down the rode on the sled just to avoid the narrow road with limited parking options.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up for all venturing to Silent Pass. Active logging is ongoing from km 40 monday-saturday. Expect oncoming logging trucks, turn your lights on and drive safe.

The trail in is pretty pounded but the snow up top is well worth it. Our snow pit measured in at 250cm on Monday with multiple easy full column collapses during our tests right to the faceted base layer. With that said check avalanche reports and ride smart.

fersch

Reaction score
Heading out there friday after work and going to sled silent pass on saterday. Looking for some riders if you want to join. e will be riding a couple pussy cats. One white one orange.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe Thursday but i doubt it as there hasn't been any more snow

sent from my HTC phone cause I have nothing better to do

Little

Reaction score
Looks like new snow coming tomorrow and after. Anyone going to Silent Sun. or early next week?? 4 of us are going somewhere, never been to Silent. (at least not all the way) Tried it several yr. ago, stuck every 50 yd. Got back @ 9 pm, a tired old man. It's better now, I understand, but would like to try with someone that knows the place.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like new snow coming tomorrow and after. Anyone going to Silent Sun. or early next week?? $ of us are going somewhere, never been to Silent. (at least not all the way) Tried it several yr. ago, stuck every 50 yd. Got back @ 9 pm, a tired old man. It's better now, I understand, but would like to try with someone that knows the place.

The road is plowed all the way to 40k. Makes for a shorter ride in.

I won't ride Silent again until I know they get 4 more feet of snow. The trail through the trees was down to dirt in some places, getting trenched out pretty bad. I don't know why people feel they need to spin their track any chance they can get.

What little untouched was left is surely to be pounded out now. It was a nice ride last weekend. Forced us to ride in areas we hadn't rode before and found some interesting lines through the trees I had never seen. Any new snow out there will be welcomed, the alpine areas are windblown pretty bad. Deffinetly some horfrost on top of the windblown. If they get a dump some areas will possibly be quick to slide.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The road is plowed all the way to 40k. Makes for a shorter ride in.

I won't ride Silent again until I know they get 4 more feet of snow. The trail through the trees was down to dirt in some places, getting trenched out pretty bad. I don't know why people feel they need to spin their track any chance they can get.

What little untouched was left is surely to be pounded out now. It was a nice ride last weekend. Forced us to ride in areas we hadn't rode before and found some interesting lines through the trees I had never seen. Any new snow out there will be welcomed, the alpine areas are windblown pretty bad. Deffinetly some horfrost on top of the windblown. If they get a dump some areas will possibly be quick to slide.

You mean your sled has more than two throttle positions- Idle and WFO? :)

Here's a picture of a sweet new throttle I want to get for my sled!
light-switch.jpg

I was at Silent on Thursday and Friday, it was pretty neat to venture down the burn and pick your way back up.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean your sled has more than two throttle positions- Idle and WFO? :)

Here's a picture of a sweet new throttle I want to get for my sled!

I was at Silent on Thursday and Friday, it was pretty neat to venture down the burn and pick your way back up.

There were some tracks right down the creek bed through the burn area. I was jealous, I wanted to be the one who rode the creek bed all the way back up but someone beet me too it! We could actually see right to the very bottom. Normally you can't see down all the way and hope you don't drop of the cliff into no mans land.

We also dropped down from the second lake further than I have ever gone before. Someone had taken the small creek but when they got near the bottom wisely turned around and came back up. Further to the left we dropped down quite far.

I'd hate to have to ride all the way out to Panorama because you couldn't make it back up sometime!

Last edited:

WildWestDooing

Reaction score
Tomorrow will first stop at Silent Pass, and seem snow is on way this weekend. Finger cross it got be good.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There were some tracks right down the creek bed through the burn area. I was jealous, I wanted to be the one who rode the creek bed all the way back up but someone beet me too it! We could actually see right to the very bottom. Normally you can't see down all the way and hope you don't drop of the cliff into no mans land.

We also dropped down from the second lake further than I have ever gone before. Someone had taken the small creek but when they got near the bottom wisely turned around and came back up. Further to the left we dropped down quite far.

I'd hate to have to ride all the way out to Panorama because you couldn't make it back up sometime!
Definately not getting to Pano if you dropped into Duncan creek drainage....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart like dumptruck.
Get some real helmets boys.

sent from a phone

Top Bottom