Silent Pass

Ironmanstl

Reaction score
We are coming up next weekend to silent for the first time.
Picking up a radio for the drive in.

Are the pull offs/turn around adequate for a 24' enclosed or are we better off to bring a sled deck?

thanks in advance

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get up there between 8-9 then there is no problem parking and turning around. Just park out of the way after you get turned around so you don't get blocked in.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be a skiff this week...and maybe a bit over the weekend by the looks of the forecast.
There's coverage up there...just might be lacking the deep pow unless it dumps this week. Same goes for everywhere around here right now.
Praying for snow and dancing this week...could help. :p

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there on Saturday...busyish there, but not as bad as you'd think for AB Family Day wknd. Fairly tracked out by end of the day but we were surprised to have a foot of fresh at the start of the day. It's been fairly cloudy here, minor precip in the mountains. With the winds we're having, a little bit of snow can freshen things up quick. I think we'll be there this Friday too, see you there!

Matt_1029

Reaction score
Anyone go to silent today? Want to know how the road is, buddies are heading down there with a 20 ft ish trailer! Hopefully someone can let me know... Otherwise they're finding out the hard way lol

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up today. The road was decent, but pretty slippery in a lot of spots. They are logging up there 7 days a week sometimes now, but she'll let you know when you get your trail pass and can radio you're coming if you don't have a radio. It was a busy road today, I was happy we have a radio.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any further updates? Brother and I are in Golden now and trying to figure out where we should go for tomorrow

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres a few pics from the past weekend.... had a great time with lots of untouched
P3080136.jpg P3080153.jpg P3080146.jpg

geordiep

Reaction score
Rode Silent today. Lots of fresh snow, but it is heavy. Overcast today so no one broke over to the back bowl. The entire front side is chewed up. Snow was choppy concrete around the lakes and tough to ride. We could make sticky snowballs at 7000 ft.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is silent pass done for the year?

Depends on your definition of done. Silent in May had been some of my favorite spring riding.

I would ensure you are familar with the road, probably carry chains and be prepared to ride in dirt/mud on the way out as what snow you might encounter in the morning could be burned off by noon.

My season was done several weeks ago but I bet there are still a number of people heading in there.

sent from a top secret location

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of going to silent tommorow Anyone know how far we can stage, and any snow conditions.

Thanks

Top Bottom