Random Pictures Thread

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have access to a small stump grinder...BIL runs a Stevenson's Rental. Don't think it will work?? Right now I'm diggin' out the stones/dirt the best I can and chain sawing/saws-all chunks out, repeat. On the second chain. Spend more time sharpening than cutting.
The hole I've dug is almost two feet deep in front of the stump. The roots only grew down so far [bedrock perhaps?], then started growing up/out of the ground years later. This Elm tree has lifted my garage pad 4 inches in one corner and the fence about 6 inches. Trying to reclaim this area for the Ol' doll. I'll back fill with a-gravel when done.

Dynamite would be excellent for entertainment! Maybe, if I didn't have neighbours or other sh!t in the way I'm tryin' to salvage. :)

You can also buy carbide tipped chains for your saw. They stand up a lot better but I’ve never tried sharpening one.
@beerslayer

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I’ve used a stump grinder on an oak stump and it worked. It’s hard work till you get the hang of it. Don’t try to take too big of bites.
Google a couple of stump grinding videos.

https://youtu.be/Y3h4n4f2_Y8

Thanks, I've seen big 100hp ones in action, not the smaller one. I'd have to throw a sheet a ply over the hole for the wheels to sit on. Any idea how deep you can go?

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can also buy carbide tipped chains for your saw. They stand up a lot better but I’ve never tried sharpening one.
@beerslayer

Thanks, I'll look into those.

This isn't going to be a 5 min job as you know, lol. No matter what I do we're burning up a few hours on this one.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mineral oil was non synthetic Doug. The semi synthetic oil was a blend of syn and mineral.
When i first saw it i thought it was what they used when they were in enviormentally sensitive areas in case of spills.Lol

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across one of those Beetles turned into a poor mans Dune Buggy on the yard too.

My brothers...sold it 3 years ago, built/owned it for 22 years
IMG_1997.jpg

Mine...built/owned it for 32 years, sold it 6 years ago.
100_0278.jpg

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom