Proclimb issues

favoritos

Reaction score
Here is pic of inside the airbox. The intake boots don't look like they fit very well. Didn't find any junk in there.
Thanks for the pics. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to seal the boots to the airbox. It is a pretty tight fit trying to get those onto the t.b. assemblies. I can see one of us knocking the rubber boots off the airbox upon reinstalling.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let them doo's get there shots in. In a week or so they won't have anything to talk about because all problems will be taken care of, and next year if Doo comes out with a new chassis, they can get bashed for another three or four years for their crap that they can't seem to fix. bwaahahaha

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let them doo's get there shots in. In a week or so they won't have anything to talk about because all problems will be taken care of, and next year if Doo comes out with a new chassis, they can get bashed for another three or four years for their crap that they can't seem to fix. bwaahahaha

exactly

although i dont recall having issues 1km up the trail. LOL but your right. first years always have issues doo included obviously. seems like this proclimb has more than others. especially in the quality department...silicone..panels..nothing fits, melting plastic, burning down engines. lifting screens, engine codes. got love buying a new sled and holding it together with silicone.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every couple yrs I sell my sleds and they are always cat guys that end up buying them, LOL

Captain Undies

Reaction score
exactly

although i dont recall having issues 1km up the trail. LOL but your right. first years always have issues doo included obviously. seems like this proclimb has more than others. especially in the quality department...silicone..panels..nothing fits, melting plastic, burning down engines. lifting screens, engine codes. got love buying a new sled and holding it together with silicone.

There is only a few cases out there of some problems Maxwell. And only a few people that have posted pictures etc. The frogskin peeling is far from being a problem, its a simple little fix and hardly worthy of hacking the machine or brand about. What is wrong with the panels? all mine fit on my sled fine? I dont hear others saying that they dont fit? Why are you making stuff up?Sounds like there might be a heat issue, but im sure it will be fixed soon. Infact why dont you go over to you doo threads and stir the pot there cause you really are un welcome here. You are a sh%t disturbing diarrea spewing loudmouth that should really stay out of the cat forum with your crap unless you acually have something that would be helpfull to anyone with the new proclimbs.

M1K

Reaction score
Apparently there has been a new bulletin issued wrt the mechanical reverse on the 4 strokes. Not positive as to what the fix is but there is some talk on a different style cam and springs that push on the shift fork.

Johndevil

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I bet that the problem to the new cats grenading is the problem with the frog skins. We have tried to make customers well aware of the problem and we have tried to fix them before delivery. As for the etec being mopped .. final race 2012 arctic cat f8,skidoo xrs etec,and polaris 800 - YouTube heres a video with pretty good evidence. If anyone has anything else they would like to bring to my attention i would appreciate it. Thanks.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha wow. Some people here take things way too seriously... Wouldn't know if maxi is hitting on your women or something. I'm a cat guy thru and thru, but I don't take these digs seriously. Everyone knows its just for fun anyways. This keeps up, the bylaw will be takin over this thread again.... How many threads did us cat guys intrude on when the xp first came out?? How many threads did us cat guys intrude on when poos 800's were grenading left right and center, all I have to say, is if ya can't take it, don't give it. Not directing that towards anyone here, just in general. When it all comes down to facts, we're all like a family anyways; or a brotherhood, no matter what the person to the left or right of you is riding. Different strokes for different folks. Now, back to the topic, here's a question for those of you that have the pc 800's, where are all the pics and vids of your trips so far??? Let's see it!

CatRpillar

Reaction score
Seems like a whole lot to doo about nothing. I've seen a melted fan so far and a pic of a Cat on a deck with a tow rope on its skis, but as far as sleds 'grenading', nothing. Time to move on folks, nothing to see around here.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like a whole lot to doo about nothing. I've seen a melted fan so far and a pic of a Cat on a deck with a tow rope on its skis, but as far as sleds 'grenading', nothing. Time to move on folks, nothing to see around here.

except for the guy that came on and said his blew up at 1km. just going to ignore that?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wonder if 7000 feet higher, 3 feet of powder, and a a thousand feet of climb will make a different result...lol rather than the dirt rd at sea level

wonder how bad the sleds were hitting the rev limiter with high elevation clutching...lol

Catchme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my bud's pro climb is at Red Deer Powersports now. Chris will call as soon as they find out what happened.

bcham5

Reaction score
first year of a new sled , bound to be lots of bugs , thats you why wait for the 2013

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I checked in on S&M. Spending most of my time over on sites where there is relevant, truthful and very valuable information regarding the new Cats. I cannot believe the pure crap that is being doled out over here. 24 pages with maybe only a few posts of truth. Seems a select few are having a field day stirring the crap. This thread needs some serious moderation!!!

Yes, there was some units that went out with the backside of a rivet in the airbox. Only 800's and only a few of the early releases. Cat caught it right away and fixed it in subsequent assemblies.

There is valuable information regarding the panels on the clutch side. Many have eagerly opened their side panels without looking closely at how they fit together. When replacing the panel it must be fit properly into the inside of the belly pan or a gap is left open. Snow enters and is likely causing belt slip, heat and a melted fan.

Light switch has to replaced on some early units due to a bad component from the supplier. Not a Cat issue, a quality issue from the part manufacturer. Nice to see a manufacturer being proactive and rejecting the component from the supplier, replacing with better.

There is a recall for a couple springs to be replaced on the shift fork of the reverse. This too has been caught early and is rectified in later units. Dealers should have the parts to fix before any other sleds head out.

That's the truth I know.

I am actually quite disappointed by the junk being posted on here. All the forums I spend my time on and I have not seen one other post on any of them as horrible as this one. A couple guys come on with actual incidents and all of a sudden every new Cat is falling apart. There are many, many, many more people riding these sleds without issues in other parts of the US and Europe. One or two local issues does not constitute a massive failure.

Now if the mods could kindly kick out the instigators, maybe we can get this thread back to the one or two pages it deserves.

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL but your right. first years always have issues doo included obviously. seems like this proclimb has more than others. especially in the quality department...silicone..panels..nothing fits, melting plastic, burning down engines. lifting screens, engine codes.

Maxwell, you are sadly mistaken or just have a short memory. I'm a Poo guy but feel obligated to remind you about the '05 900 RMK. Need I say more ???

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Top Bottom