Proclimb issues

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well one of mine have over 6300km's on it so far. It's gone thru a belt or two, but hasn't even pulled a thread on the belt since changed to the 084 belt. Went thru a couple rollers in the secondary clutch. And other than that it's been a pull the cord and ride hard sled without any major issues at all.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took a buddies fer a quick rip the other day, i liked it, smooth. Could tell it wouldnt take long to feel comfortable and confident on it.

Took me about a hr to get use to it....sure is an improvement from the old chasis. Love it!

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, since we have some bottomless powder out there in mountains and guys are running the balls off these new Proclimbs....are you guys identifying any weak spots or other issues. Just read under the "Valemount conditions" thread that this one guys clutch would not always shift down by the end of the day. This is much needed info so if my turbo ever comes in I know what to look out for.:D

We made one trip with One of my riding buddies 2012 model with just under 200 miles before it burnt down. Was a stock machine with all the updates and recalls done to it. Seemed to be fuel burning and the engine kept cranking after key pulled out. Cat looked at here in central alberta and says they cant identify the cause "so they are out". The sled is a write off by estimate and insurance is paying 3500 dollars under what was paid for the sled with only 160ish miles. So a weak spot on this 12 is it starts on fire and burns down and Arctic Cat has no integrety and people need to see this. So another weakness would be cats warranty which apparently means nothing.
My brothers 2013 works good other than the vertical steering post and steering seems to losen off and it backfires alot everytime you let out of the throttle. Dealer has nothing to say about it???

BLAINE.M

Reaction score
We made one trip with One of my riding buddies 2012 model with just under 200 miles before it burnt down. Was a stock machine with all the updates and recalls done to it. Seemed to be fuel burning and the engine kept cranking after key pulled out. Cat looked at here in central alberta and says they cant identify the cause "so they are out". The sled is a write off by estimate and insurance is paying 3500 dollars under what was paid for the sled with only 160ish miles. So a weak spot on this 12 is it starts on fire and burns down and Arctic Cat has no integrety and people need to see this. So another weakness would be cats warranty which apparently means nothing.
My brothers 2013 works good other than the vertical steering post and steering seems to losen off and it backfires alot everytime you let out of the throttle. Dealer has nothing to say about it???

Forgot to mention these are both turbo 162's.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You guys need to call a dealer that actually cares about their customers.

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True story...rode one last weekend (M) in the hills and it felt very dated. No way I would go back, almost bought a 10 C8 for riding around home and couldn't bring myself back to that chasis.

dlom8

Reaction score
I have a new pro climb , I put a speedwerx supercharger on it. The motor makes great horse power but the sled itself is set up shitty . It has all kinds of potential but for the money your spending on a purpose built sled it should be better. Here are things I had to do to make my sled work. The first thing I did was take the spacer out of the secondary clutch, it limits it out o a 1 to 1 ratio, and it does not work ,the belts are to short to limit this way , I was spinning my belt in my secondary. It would continue to rise in the primary and then brake. I then spent five hundred bucks and put a tied team secondary on ,problem solved the sled backs up properly it back shifts and no more noise. The next thing I had to do was put a set of skies on that actually had lift in the deep snow, five hundred dollars later I put a set of slp powder pros on that fixed another problem. The last thing I had to o was figure out the trenching issue. What I did was took the back link drilled it 3/4 of an inch ahead so the skid can transfer and now it lifts, its actually a usable sled now ,from we're I started and wear it is now its on new sled once again.im happy the way it works now it actually works like a big dog sled should.

Top Bottom