Proclimb issues

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
air bubbles are being found in the oil lines of the new pro climbs. sleds should be tipped on the clutch side to a 45 degree angle for at least 10 minutes. oil cap off id assume just to allow any trapped air to escape. hope this helps

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first time I put the PTO panel back on I didn't get the bottom front corner in properly and it did leave a gap that would have been less than desirable in the pow. Not saying by any means that this is what caused your issues suzuki_rider, or any of the issues we have been discussing. Just a good thing for all new ProClimb owners to know when they start reinstalling their panels. I'm quite interested to see what the dealers find now that some of these issues must have had some dealer time by now. Anybody heard back from their dealers yet that dropped off a ProClimb after a failure?

Those panels are a pain but it was on correctly. And that wasn't a personal attack on ZRrrr if he thinks thats how I was directing it. I was saying that was the dumbest thing I've heard, assuming he was talking about the discussion on the other forum.
The panel being slightly open would let snow it, but it wouldn't affect the condition of the fan, or cause motor issues. Just a slipping belt.
My sled does still run, it just won't go over idle due to my coils and my other problem was melting plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those panels are a pain but it was on correctly. And that wasn't a personal attack on ZRrrr if he thinks thats how I was directing it. I was saying that was the dumbest thing I've heard, assuming he was talking about the discussion on the other forum.
The panel being slightly open would let snow it, but it wouldn't affect the condition of the fan, or cause motor issues. Just a slipping belt.
My sled does still run, it just won't go over idle due to my coils and my other problem was melting plastics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah; I pulled the plastic fan off mine yesterday.

Gregb

Reaction score
If these are the guys that i am thinking of, all 4 bought there sleds from BC by fort st john, and only two of them were riding in revvy?? The guy who made it down with a Polaris Belt, blew his belt the first day last year with his ETEC and took the engine out the second day. He also rode the rest of the weekend and it sounds like it got a lot better. I was in at Ralph's today, they talked to 8 or 9 guys that rode all weekend and did not have any problems and they said the sleds were ripping. I am thinking this could be a PDI issue. At Ralphs they caught the frogskin peeling on my sled as well they run the sleds up to temp to make sure everything is working correctly. Maybe check with your guys to see if they are doing that. Anyways went from being worried to much less concerned and excited to get it out. Also Ralph's had spare belts for those who purchased sleds there.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that the bumper is attached to the airbox by rivets and they get losened off from lifting and pulling on the bumper. Which cause the rivet to fall down into the airbox.

Just what I heard not sure if its true maybe someone can take a look on their sled.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that the bumper is attached to the airbox by rivets and they get losened off from lifting and pulling on the bumper. Which cause the rivet to fall down into the airbox. Just what I heard not sure if its true maybe someone can take a look on their sled.
So are you trying to say they are stuck all the time? LOL

Captain Undies

Reaction score
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that the bumper is attached to the airbox by rivets and they get losened off from lifting and pulling on the bumper. Which cause the rivet to fall down into the airbox.

Just what I heard not sure if its true maybe someone can take a look on their sled.

Nope not true. The bumper is held on with external screws

arcticcat1

Reaction score
I don't know what the issue is yet with the few engines that have gone down is, but it sounds like it could possibly be due to air bubbles in the oil line from the tank to the pump. We have looked at several of them and have found a bubble in all of them. As previously stated laying the machine on the clutch side and loosening the oil resivoir cap seems to work to get it out. If you remove the shield by the footwell you can see the line, and see if the bubble moves out. I don,t know if it would clear out under normal operation or not.

Remember that the first tank of fuel is always supposed to be mixed at 100:1 and oil use should be checked after the first tank of gas.( It's in the owners manual) If you do this you should protect yourself.

PROCLIMB

Reaction score
so basically i shouldnt have to worry too much when i pick my new m8 up in january?? i was so stoked to pick this sled up and then my buddie said i should come on here and read the posts first. i just dont wanna drive to bc only for my brand new sled to kick the bucket

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so basically i shouldnt have to worry too much when i pick my new m8 up in january?? i was so stoked to pick this sled up and then my buddie said i should come on here and read the posts first. i just dont wanna drive to bc only for my brand new sled to kick the bucket

Probably a couple Doo dealers alot closer that will take your money........just sayin'. Lol.

Top Bottom