Proclimb issues

M1K

Reaction score
You know ZR, I as well was very disappointed with the bashing and amount of useless info going on here as I wanted it to be a serious threat. Now I'm just using it for purely entertainment purposes....if you want serious and professionalism go to Arcticchat or HCS....but god is it boring over there. Guess thats why S&M is such a popular site....just check the attendance.:beer:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Been a while since I checked in on S&M. Spending most of my time over on sites where there is relevant, truthful and very valuable information regarding the new Cats. I cannot believe the pure crap that is being doled out over here. 24 pages with maybe only a few posts of truth. Seems a select few are having a field day stirring the crap. This thread needs some serious moderation!!!

Yes, there was some units that went out with the backside of a rivet in the airbox. Only 800's and only a few of the early releases. Cat caught it right away and fixed it in subsequent assemblies.

There is valuable information regarding the panels on the clutch side. Many have eagerly opened their side panels without looking closely at how they fit together. When replacing the panel it must be fit properly into the inside of the belly pan or a gap is left open. Snow enters and is likely causing belt slip, heat and a melted fan.

Light switch has to replaced on some early units due to a bad component from the supplier. Not a Cat issue, a quality issue from the part manufacturer. Nice to see a manufacturer being proactive and rejecting the component from the supplier, replacing with better.

There is a recall for a couple springs to be replaced on the shift fork of the reverse. This too has been caught early and is rectified in later units. Dealers should have the parts to fix before any other sleds head out.

That's the truth I know.

I am actually quite disappointed by the junk being posted on here. All the forums I spend my time on and I have not seen one other post on any of them as horrible as this one.

So what your asking us to do is further reduce the ability for Peeps to speak their mind...I'll bet a few would members would disagree with you. It's difficult to determine facts from fiction, for one I'm a Doo guy.
I'm a little disappointed in you Duane, considering you know the site owner, summitric and myself personally I would think that you would have the courtesy to PM one of us before spewing your opinion on the site...or should we Mod that as well because it may not be correct.
Been on a number of other sites and guess what, I'm seeing the same concerns about Cats, maybe not on a cat site they won't want to speak about it but on the non-factory sites they sure are. So what makes your opinions relevant and not full of crap Duane???
So if you have any further concerns, you have my number....give me a buzz.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HCS has been great. Even the Doo faithfull have been easy on the bashing and show more of an interest in the Cats than the hate I see here. Cat faithfull on HCS have been very upfront about issues and fixes. There is a lot of flat out exageration and fabrication going on here and it isn't from the Cat guys.

You know ZR, I as well was very disappointed with the bashing and amount of useless info going on here as I wanted it to be a serious threat. Now I'm just using it for purely entertainment purposes....if you want serious and professionalism go to Arcticchat or HCS....but god is it boring over there. Guess thats why S&M is such a popular site....just check the attendance.:beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wasn't criticising the site....just the thread.

Only non factory sites for me too, for this very reason.

So what your asking us to do is further reduce the ability for Peeps to speak their mind...I'll bet a few would members would disagree with you. It's difficult to determine facts from fiction, for one I'm a Doo guy.
I'm a little disappointed in you Duane, considering you know the site owner, summitric and myself personally I would think that you would have the courtesy to PM one of us before spewing your opinion on the site...or should we Mod that as well because it may not be correct.
Been on a number of other sites and guess what, I'm seeing the same concerns about Cats, maybe not on a cat site they won't want to speak about it but on the non-factory sites they sure are. So what makes your opinions relevant and not full of crap Duane???
So if you have any further concerns, you have my number....give me a buzz.

M1K

Reaction score
HCS has been great. Even the Doo faithfull have been easy on the bashing and show more of an interest in the Cats than the hate I see here. Cat faithfull on HCS have been very upfront about issues and fixes. There is a lot of flat out exageration and fabrication going on here and it isn't from the Cat guys.

Fully agree with ya and thats where I go to get the facts...so since you know all the moderators of this site, I would guess they are all Doo riders hence why all this bashing is allowed to go on...makes me wonder if this would be allowed to go on under a Doo thread?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
It's difficult to be objective Duane, if we Moderate to much Peeps get upset...if we don't they get upset.
Your probably more correct than I want to know about facts vs fiction but i really don't know.
We do our best and maybe I need to speak with Ron about clamping down on the Brand Bashing?

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Fully agree with ya and thats where I go to get the facts...so since you know all the moderators of this site, I would guess they are all Doo riders hence why all this bashing is allowed to go on...makes me wonder if this would be allowed to go on under a Doo thread?

Incorrect - we own Doo, Polaris, Cat and Yammaha amongst the group

M1K

Reaction score
It's difficult to be objective Duane, if we Moderate to much Peeps get upset...if we don't they get upset.
Your probably more correct than I want to know about facts vs fiction but i really don't know.
We do our best and maybe I need to speak with Ron about clamping down on the Brand Bashing?

Not a good idea to clamp down on the brand bashing, with my luck when I get some ammo on the Doo guys thats when you will be clamping down:nono:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been pretty bad on other sites in past. One got so bad you can't say anything anymore the mods are right there. We don't want it to get to that extreme here on S&M, lots of good people here (and a few not so). I understand and appreciate a bit of poking fun, we do it a lot in my riding group as it is mostly Doo with a Poo and Cat thrown in for fun. Heck, we even poke fun at ourselves. It just seems like there is some serious hatred going on here and that is just wrong and rude.I grew up on Doo, went with Cat for a few reasons later in life. I like Cat because it's what I know inside and out, i get treated well by Cat and my dealer. Never have I been soooo in love with a brand that I made it my lifes mission to bash it every moment I get.

Anyway, this discussion is going to go nowhere and I am starting to piss people off so I'm bowing out.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is valuable information regarding the panels on the clutch side. Many have eagerly opened their side panels without looking closely at how they fit together. When replacing the panel it must be fit properly into the inside of the belly pan or a gap is left open. Snow enters and is likely causing belt slip, heat and a melted fan.

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever read. I'm pretty sure I'd know if I was getting snow on my belt. And if it was slipping that bad, I'd have a huge flat spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I call you or your issue out specifically...NO I did not.

Man this thread is harsh.

Out.

Thats the dumbest thing ive ever read. I'm pretty sure I'd know if I was getting snow on my belt. And if it was slipping that bad, I'd have a huge flat spot.

favoritos

Reaction score

QUOTE]
My dealer mechanic did not even know the proper way to close that side panel. He did not believe that it tucked inside the lower panel. That is a tight fit on the pto side compared to the can side panel.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did I call you or your issue out specifically...NO I did not.

Man this thread is harsh.

Out.

Yes, you indirectly did and I gave you my opinion on it. It's a forum, be open for criticism. I can tell you snow on a belt is not going to increase my primary temps high enough to melt it, let alone that I would be standing with the throttle wide open, wondering why I'm not moving.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first time I put the PTO panel back on I didn't get the bottom front corner in properly and it did leave a gap that would have been less than desirable in the pow. Not saying by any means that this is what caused your issues suzuki_rider, or any of the issues we have been discussing. Just a good thing for all new ProClimb owners to know when they start reinstalling their panels. I'm quite interested to see what the dealers find now that some of these issues must have had some dealer time by now. Anybody heard back from their dealers yet that dropped off a ProClimb after a failure?

Top Bottom