Proclimb issues

lambert454

Reaction score
All the talk about overheating...this should solve that..:DView attachment 114865

Also...dealer suggested removing foam from under the clutch to provide better air movement...so I did :cool:
View attachment 114866

I like the idea of air flow and cooling but this seems abit much. I quid see a fight with a tree/ bush going really bad with those skimpy thin vents.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sad to hear another issue, so what do you think it is, air bubles in the oil line?? you would think the extra oil added to fuel would take care of that, or is it something ingested to the motor

we had one go down today, 1.3kms. not sure if the owness is 100 percent cats. we recieved 12 sleds before the bulletin came out. thought we had gone back through all the early release sleds, but we are humans and with that will always come error. for that we except responsibility, now we have to go through every sled a third time just to be sure. the crappy thing is we lent the sled out to a customer because his snocheck was not in, nothing we have controll over. bad advertising for cat and us, and an even shittier day for the customer. dealers cannot just blame cat, though it would be convient, they must also assune some responsibilty. the cat is a fantastic chassey, and someone made a good point about number of cases. although us mountain segment guys think we own the dled scene, the number of trail sleds out east dwarf our numbers out west. there are dealers in the us that will sell 500-1000 new trail sleds this season, there could be 5-10 of those dealers inside a region that would only be the size of a one dealer region here out west. the other forums out there are not publicizing this issue in any real amount of numbers. it would seem that a group of sleds went down the assembly line while there was some employee drama occuring, must of been some real good happy hour specials that day.

Stumperxxx

Reaction score
I'm picking up my sled in a few hours so I'll deffiently be looking for all those issues!!! Thanks guys for the info!!

Stumperxxx

Reaction score
Hey guys picked up my m8 ltd!! It is so sick!!! Got a jaws stinger put on er!!!! Lucky my buddy is a mechanic there cuz when he looked over it the second time his rookies never got the air bubbles out of my oil line!! It was huge!! We ran it for a little seems good so far!!

SHIFTmx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up at Mcbride Two HCR 800 over 100 miles running awesome only problem is a exhaust temp sensor failure on one but not too worried. So happy with the purchase. Handles great!

Last edited:

ronniehotdog

XXXModRods
Reaction score
frog skin works great for small vents on the top side of sleds. Big vents on side panels and lower are no good. once the sled gets hot the glue gets soft then the vent caves in. The other issue with them is the material is like a prefilter witch is weak and will not hold up to tree bashing.

Check these vents out . They are made with a plastic coated fiber mesh strong material and a second layer of prefilter on the back side for fine snow ridding.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya one issue i noticed is they climb like turds in the deep snow
Hahaha, I'v been busy and had not read any of this thread untill tonight, for once i wanted to start from the beginning and what do I find??? Maxwell!! your awsome, first reply and BAM!! That's classic!! Lol. I can't wait to spend the evening reading the next 32 pages. I salute you kid!

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never mind found it in the parts catalog. $288 for the hood vents and $400 for the side panels.
Does it come with a happy ending? 700$ for vents seems steep. Saw a Cat getting Heli lifted out of Sale on sat. Owner said it was 1000$ lift Ouch!!!!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does it come with a happy ending? 700$ for vents seems steep. Saw a Cat getting Heli lifted out of Sale on sat. Owner said it was 1000$ lift Ouch!!!!!!

the 2012's vents aren't just vents, if you order direct from CAT they come already installed on the replaceable panels.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2012's vents aren't just vents, if you order direct from CAT they come already installed on the replaceable panels.
Yeah... All one could hope for is that those vents aren't falling off like the ones on the sled...

green 153

Reaction score
So 30 pages of crap 2 pages of good stuff LMAO. New M-8 zero miles oil pump sticking open by itself at half throttle position and at 1/4 throttle position when the trigger is released. Never had one of these pumps apart so not sure of it's make up but something not right o-ring binding chrome hardning coming off, possibly common problem to motors that are meltin down ??? Hopefully have an answer Monday the 28th from Dealership that i can post. Second ; Coolant line exhaust side ( rad hose ) very tight against back of motor + recoil will eventually get cut through on mine if not moved. Third; Two holes in tunnel right below coils might be letting moisture in on around coils siliconed mine shut. Forth; Recoil rope rubbing on top of mount it runs through, quick die grind job... Hopefully this helps atleast one person no bs no knockin anyone

geordiep

Reaction score
No major issues on my first ride. Small coolant leak - the clamp holding the big clear hose is a pinch clamp (just below rad cap) Replace with screw-type clamp and all should be good. Love the sled. Awesome suspension and great power.

Top Bottom